The atmosphere at home to Wigan

Boycie

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Unless of course it's a moan about refereeing standards...

Of which there was plenty to moan about last night

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was fully expecting a chorus of boos at half-time after going in one down and not really creating any chances. Was pleasantly surprised that it did not happen. It reminds me of the Nigel Clough era when we were very average but we didn't want to besmirch the name of Clough by booing his team. If Frank has somehow got this same ability then we may actually be able to grow the team slowly without the demand for instant success. I certainly hope so. 

2 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I was fully expecting a chorus of boos at half-time after going in one down and not really creating any chances. Was pleasantly surprised that it did not happen. It reminds me of the Nigel Clough era when we were very average but we didn't want to besmirch the name of Clough by booing his team. If Frank has somehow got this same ability then we may actually be able to grow the team slowly without the demand for instant success. I certainly hope so. 

my view would be the booers had stayed at home and were booing at the red button.  A bit alamo syndrome at PP last night I think

7 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Absolutely was the best atmosphere for a good while, everyone played a part last night to create it. South stand singing loud and proud, east , west and north all doing a bit of bouncing, even Wigan fans joined in with starting the bounce! Team put loads of effort in even when it wasn’t going to well they dug in and fought hard against a time wasting irksome Wigan and a tiresome ref who got a lot of decisions wrong. Johnson was terrific last night and would of been MOM if Keogh hadn’t had his 600th game honoured with it, Bennetts goal was fantastic, could not have been happier for him and Malone looked ecstatic to score as earlier he looked in despair standing in the goal clutching the back of the net when Wigan scored. I know it shouldn’t be but my favourite bit of the night was when Tomori had a toddler tantrum at the linesman, I love his passion and he just makes me laugh when he jumps and stamps his feet and waves his arms at the injustices given, I would love to keep him here, what an asset he is!

More of the same on Saturday please everyone, loved it!

Great post. Love Tomori’s passion too. Loved all the passion showed by the players last night. When we scored to go 2-1 up, there was an outpouring from the players which illustrates how much pressure and tension they were carrying and holding in. Malone’s outpouring when he scored was palpable...dare I say almost “Physcho-esque” when the Spanish penalty went in. I think that cathartic release by itself will have helped the squad. So, so key that the fans keep this going again on Saturday. We should steal every song that Wednesday sing only sing it back louder. 

18 hours ago, Boycie said:

A lot of people stayed away tonight, and who could really blame the individual match ticket buyers and fed up season ticket holders to be fair.

But, those who did turn up, did the club proud tonight, behind the players form the kick off, chanting for Mel Morris too, and really getting behind the lads and club.

It looked like the players appreciated the effort and the atmosphere was infectious, spreading all sides of the ground.

It surprised me to be honest, I thought tonight was going to be flat after Villa thrashed us. It makes you wonder if the hardcore fans turned out in force and the moaners and boo’ers stayed in and watched online or on the red button.

It’d be nice to hear the crowd get behind the team like they did tonight, and I’ve not heard Mels name chanted since he took over 100%

Well done to everyone who turned out ??

I'm not sure what planet I was on at the start of the game, but it certainly wasn't planet earth.

I thought it was Wigan fans singing at the beginning. I never stopped to think for the first few minutes that there weren't enough Wigan fans there to create a queue to the bathroom if they all went at once.

It's nearly always away fans that kick off like that, so yeah I agree 100% and I mentioned it during the game chat, they were magnificent when you take into account what they have been served up lately.

Good work fellas and long may it continue!

11 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Had to Red Button last night due to lurgy! Don't know if its the "football" setting on my Sky Sound box but the crowd were very quiet for most of the game. 

This apparent lack of atmosphere was not helped by Glen Hoddle keep pointing out the "rows of empty seats". It unusual for Sky (the main cause of course) to mention poor attendance.

Another Red Button problem is the delay. My phone was updating me on the score well before it was shown. So I just knew whilst the ball was still in Derby's possession that Wigan were going to score.

Yeah Glen and Sky are correct, rubbish atmosphere last night ?

14 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

A bit harsh. I watched it on the red button because I live 3 hours away and have to be up at 4.45 in the morning.

I would love to be there every game but the midweek ones are just too much.

It was good to hear the crowd getting behind the team and shows what can happen when we do get behind them.

I didn't finish work till 1925, then would've had to get home, change, and to the stadium. 

Wasn't gonna happen. 

Am I a crap fan? I'll try and be better next time. 

12 hours ago, curb said:

I think the fans staying behind the team at a goal down made a massive difference, well done us.

A special mention to Wigan and their time wasting after 20 minutes, fantastic to see them moaning to the ref when we took 10 minutes out after we scored. Oh, and the ref, I think that was the second most incompetent display from the match officials that I've ever seen.

What was the worst? I’m trying to think of one but last night it wasn’t just the ref it was all three of them truly shocking.

4 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

What was the worst? I’m trying to think of one but last night it wasn’t just the ref it was all three of them truly shocking.

The ref was weak but the East Stand lino was just totally incompetent - worst I've seen at Pride Park

Archived