The atmosphere at home to Wigan

Boycie

A lot of people stayed away tonight, and who could really blame the individual match ticket buyers and fed up season ticket holders to be fair.

But, those who did turn up, did the club proud tonight, behind the players form the kick off, chanting for Mel Morris too, and really getting behind the lads and club.

It looked like the players appreciated the effort and the atmosphere was infectious, spreading all sides of the ground.

It surprised me to be honest, I thought tonight was going to be flat after Villa thrashed us. It makes you wonder if the hardcore fans turned out in force and the moaners and boo’ers stayed in and watched online or on the red button.

It’d be nice to hear the crowd get behind the team like they did tonight, and I’ve not heard Mels name chanted since he took over 100%

Well done to everyone who turned out ??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It makes you wonder if the hardcore fans turned out in force and the moaners and boo’ers stayed in and watched online or on the red button.

Yep that's correct.

I had a feeling that it would be lower numbers = better atmosphere tonight and my thoughts were confirmed within minutes of the kick off with what turned into a 10 minute rendition of "Frankie Lampard's Barmy/Derby Army".

Well done to those of us who attended tonight, it was a pleasure to be a part of ?

Great response from the fans tonight. Right from the start the South Stand proved their worth by singing loud and proud to show our support for the club we love. I believe, Mel, Frank and the players will appreciate that after recent results and performances. 

Good support from all round the ground as well as the match went on possibly helped by the woeful officiating from a clearly out of his depth referee and appalling linesmen. Shocking decisions, borderline cheating when you see Wilson booked for a dive and a far more theatrical one from a Wigan player given as a free kick....nay mind, COYR....its the hope that kills ya!

Outstanding support tonight, even when we went a goal down, we still backed the team, it was great to see, and when we got back to 1-1, I think us fans pushed the team on to get the winner, getting behind the team is so important and tonight we did a great job, so if you are going to turn up on Saturday, and moan and boo, do not bother we do not need you, a smaller crowd tonight, but a louder and more supportive one, that's what we need now to the end of the season, also great to hear all fans behind our young upcoming manager. Hope you all enjoyed who went.

6 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Outstanding support tonight, even when we went a goal down, we still backed the team, it was great to see, and when we got back to 1-1, I think us fans pushed the team on to get the winner, getting behind the team is so important and tonight we did a great job, so if you are going to turn up on Saturday, and moan and boo, do not bother we do not need you, a smaller crowd tonight, but a louder and more supportive one, that's what we need now to the end of the season, also great to hear all fans behind our young upcoming manager. Hope you all enjoyed who went.

100 % agree . Proper fans there tonight , left the boo boys watching on the wanky red button .

If Mel reads this forum I hope he's taken note of the fans chanting his name tonight. The media and the Internet may show us fans in a divided light, but we're all behind this team, the manager and the owner. Who'd believe one of our best atmospheres this season would be on a rainy Tuesday against Wigan eh? 

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

A lot of people stayed away tonight, and who could really blame the individual match ticket buyers and fed up season ticket holders to be fair.

But, those who did turn up, did the club proud tonight, behind the players form the kick off, chanting for Mel Morris too, and really getting behind the lads and club.

It looked like the players appreciated the effort and the atmosphere was infectious, spreading all sides of the ground.

It surprised me to be honest, I thought tonight was going to be flat after Villa thrashed us. It makes you wonder if the hardcore fans turned out in force and the moaners and boo’ers stayed in and watched online or on the red button.

It’d be nice to hear the crowd get behind the team like they did tonight, and I’ve not heard Mels name chanted since he took over 100%

Well done to everyone who turned out ??

I stayed home and watched on the red button?

Granted I have an excuse living almost 100 miles away on a weekday, I’ll be back Saturday in full boo force don’t you all worry

It was definitely different tonight. I don't know whether it was the MM news or not but it felt like everyone came together. The fans backing the manager, singing MM, encouraging the players. The players passion when we scored, celebrating with the fans. That's the way it should be. We've missed that. 

There is no point being all doom and gloom, that will get us nowhere. We are in a good position, play offs are very reachable. The atmosphere needs to be like that again for the rest of the season, both on and off the pitch. 

40 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The Wendies are going to be loud on Saturday, we need to match them early on and hope the lads give us something to keep us going.

You are b4 and i claim the £5

I love it when we are flying or when the full doom has set in. You get the great atmospheres when we are smashing teams and weirdly there's a kind of defiance when things have gone beyond miserable. Kind of "Well we've fecked it so we might as well be proud of it."

Like the disaster season. There was a lot of anger for most the season but in the end it was just like gallows humour. 

Hopefully the load that turn up ready to lay into the team have another day off. The team can be infuriating but every man his doing his best to turn it around. Be nice if we could get behind that for 90 mins and save the frustration for the forum/pub/dog

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I love it when we are flying or when the full doom has set in. You get the great atmospheres when we are smashing teams and weirdly there's a kind of defiance when things have gone beyond miserable. Kind of "Well we've fecked it so we might as well be proud of it."

Like the disaster season. There was a lot of anger for most the season but in the end it was just like gallows humour. 

Hopefully the load that turn up ready to lay into the team have another day off. The team can be infuriating but every man his doing his best to turn it around. Be nice if we could get behind that for 90 mins and save the frustration for the forum/pub/dog

Quality. After Sat, I relaxed as a happy clapper I thought ‘well ok this season is perhaps not going to be the relative success of a Play Off push, pressure is off, so tonight while at work I felt more comfortable not expecting a win. Then we do that, is this gonna be a cruel hoax, hope springs eternal. SSA 

7 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

100 % agree . Proper fans there tonight , left the boo boys watching on the wanky red button .

A bit harsh. I watched it on the red button because I live 3 hours away and have to be up at 4.45 in the morning.

I would love to be there every game but the midweek ones are just too much.

It was good to hear the crowd getting behind the team and shows what can happen when we do get behind them.

Archived