March Goal of the Month Winner

David

If he wasn’t trying to do it deliberately, what do the naysayers think he was trying to do?

Brilliant goal. One of the best at our stadium, ever.

Why on earth a DCFC supporter would even consider belittling it is beyond me. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

If he wasn’t trying to do it deliberately, what do the naysayers think he was trying to do?

Brilliant goal. One of the best at our stadium, ever.

Why on earth a DCFC supporter would even consider belittling it is beyond me. 

Mind you, if he’d have missed, we’d all be saying ‘mason, what the duck were you trying mate.’ But you could probably say that about every extraordinary goal. 

Its a fluke in that he might try it 100 times and it would only go in once (not to go all @Bris Vegas on you). But he did mean it. And this was the one in 100. So it’s a ducking awesome goal.

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

Really bizarre how any Derby fan would assume a default position of 'it was a total fluke'. Don't really get the mentality at all. Giving any credit at all to the players seems so hard for some folk and it's a mindset that has me totally stumped.

8 hours ago, Spanish said:

Carp ain't it.  Some find it very difficult to concede of anything that would cast doubt on any opinion they held.  I have my doubts about MB but boy was that a goal.  I guess trying to get some (and I guess we know the candidates) to change their opinion wold be like trying to get @Davidto appreciate turkey pancakes

Its either one or two on a wind up or they haven't watched it half a dozen times. From behind the goal it looked like he meant it but having watched it all day at work I can confirm he definitely meant it.

10 hours ago, David said:

Makes you wonder how many will be conceived last night because of that goal. 

Mason Bennett, contributing to the over population of the planet with a flick of the boot. 

None on our row.

we'd all shot about two seconds after mason bennett did  

what a goal , who cares if he meant it or not , it went in , down in the history books as a goal so lets celebrate it , this gives Mason a platform to push on from here and try and cement a first team shirt , after that wonder goal , i for one really hope he can , great stuff Mason

On 6 March 2019 at 23:24, OohMartWright said:

Good to see Joleon Lescott and John O’Shea bigging up Mason’s goal on Sky Sports “The Debate” programme tonight 

Shame the BBC didn't bother showing Mason's goal on Football Focus. If Real Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Man C, Spurs, Celtic, Rangers etc had scored it, they would have opened the programme with it, then debated it and all the kids at school around the world would have been speaking about it. Thought with us being Frank Lampard's Derby County they would have made an effort, instead we get on the programme recently for a 3 second shot of our squad mucking about in training when the LA Rams are playing in the Super Bowl.

Same old, same old story, big teams and little teams scenario. One day the big wigs will smell the coffee and actually see the football that's right in front of there eyes!

Archived