Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

Ambitious

I don't know if a club statement would be good or bad at this point. It's every other day that new articles are coming out regarding the ownership, so it's no doubt going to continue until an statement has been issued.

I'm very much a 'no smoke without fire' person. I'm convinced that if a deal isn't done to sell the club, or at least a source of new investment, by the end of the season and we aren't promoted then it will be a rough summer. I would also suggest, under those conditions, that Lampard would not be the manager for the upcoming season. I believe the strategy will be to replace the multitude of experienced players leaving with academy players, plus any new signings would need to be funded by outgoings. We may be more proactive in the free agency market since we are in desperate need of a CB or two, since we'll really only have Keogh and Wisdom who can play there, both of whom may well be sold as they are both likely to recoup seven figures. 

I'm hoping that I'm way off, but the silence is deafening. You can't have stories with negative connotations come out at this rate and not address them unless they are, of course, have a semblance of truth about them.  

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know if a club statement would be good or bad at this point. It's every other day that new articles are coming out regarding the ownership, so it's no doubt going to continue until an statement has been issued.

I'm very much a 'no smoke without fire' person. I'm convinced that if a deal isn't done to sell the club, or at least a source of new investment, by the end of the season and we aren't promoted then it will be a rough summer. I would also suggest, under those conditions, that Lampard would not be the manager for the upcoming season. I believe the strategy will be to replace the multitude of experienced players leaving with academy players, plus any new signings would need to be funded by outgoings. We may be more proactive in the free agency market since we are in desperate need of a CB or two, since we'll really only have Keogh and Wisdom who can play there, both of whom may well be sold as they are both likely to recoup seven figures. 

I'm hoping that I'm way off, but the silence is deafening. You can't have stories with negative connotations come out at this rate and not address them unless they are, of course, have a semblance of truth about them.  

I am sure that the Fans Forum tomorrow will clear up the air.

It will obviously be the main talking point other than signing Tomori on loan until 2029

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We live in an era where the traditional role of the press - to uncover and report truth, to inform the public - has been swapped out for that of generating ad clicks. It's even more commonly referred to as 'the media' these days as if they are somehow in the entertainment business. I don't feel the club should in any way feel obliged to address these stories as they may very well be just that - stories.

There's the event tonight and I suspect we'll all be wiser after that. That seems to me to be an altogether more appropriate time to answer any questions we supporters may have and that is exactly what I expect to happen. I remain confident that the the official line will be far less doom and gloom than the clickbait press would have us all believe.

59 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm very much a 'no smoke without fire' person.

1) That's absolutely not true - There are absolutely times when there's smoke but no fire - Many many substances will start to produce smoke before the reach the point of combustion

2) Often people confuse water vapour with smoke - At power stations the cooling towers are often referred to as 'smokestacks' even though that isn't smoke coming out of them

3) The phrase itself suggests fire is bad - There are lots of reasons for people setting controlled fires which are perfectly good but if all you saw was the smoke you would have no idea what kind of fire it was

Getting a bit pedantic because I hate that phrase - But it also is a good indication of the overall point here - We're seeing rumours and drawing our own conclusions about them with zero knowledge of what's actually going on - Knowing what journalists are like it's probably water vapour we're seeing rather than smoke - And once one journo reports it the other bandwagon jumpers write their own version of the story - Embarrassingly often the 'sources' of their articles are other newspapers (and sometimes even twitter...)

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

We live in an era where the traditional role of the press - to uncover and report truth, to inform the public - has been swapped out for that of generating ad clicks. It's even more commonly referred to as 'the media' these days

Called "media" because traditionally they were the medium responsible for transporting the news to the people. In the internet age they are almost irrelevant as it becomes so easy for people to transport the news directly to each other. So their method of survival is to purposely create arguments and contention over the meaning of the news and then monetise that instead.

2 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

I am sure that the Fans Forum tomorrow will clear up the air.

It will obviously be the main talking point other than signing Tomori on loan until 2029

"Tomorrow"?  Damn, I put clean pants on this morning too, especially for tonight!  

(Oh... wangled the work crap... I can go now!)  :-)

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Telegraph reporting today that the owners of PSG are looking to buy a Championship club ?

Now, that is something I would definitely be on board with.... perhaps the Mbappe scouting report was worth the money after all! ?

14 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Telegraph reporting today that the owners of PSG are looking to buy a Championship club ?

I honestly don’t care anymore, I’d take these lot throwing ffp out the window and naming pride park the Qatar airways arena for 500m sponsorship. Just get us the duck back up

10 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Rules out Florist too

No. Forest have got some very large fans.

image.thumb.jpeg.7da80b55942d097ea36ed5b75ce12328.jpeg

....as thick as pudding anorl.

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes but if you have enough money to buy a shed load of great players the fans will come pouring in. Look at Wolves! 

Wolves have always been well supported though even in League 1. I imagine our attendances would also drop if we were kicking around mid to lower table for a few years and we'd probably fill the ground to capacity if we were promoted. (We did last time)

QPR on the other hand dont even average 14000 per game. Their lowest attendance this season was less than 11,000. They arent starved for competition either - everyone in London already supports West Ham, Arsenal or Man Utd .

Archived