Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

Ambitious

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/03/2019 at 23:35, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I have to be honest.  If you have a choice of telling a stranger your profession and can tell them anything,  forecasting future trends for business isn't the way to go .  If were playing this game can I be a big wave wider from Hawaii instead.

I cut that one right out at the knees by announcing my job in my profile information...

6 hours ago, toddy said:

Well all this newspaper and internet talk about MM losing money and wants to sell the club and add that us, Villa and Wendies all facing with same punishment as the Blues - this just sums up the life of Derby fan.....

There is not much denial coming out of the club?

Well at least you've got some as yet unsubstantiated shizzle to whine about. Silver linings...

#bringhimhome

15 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Nigel Pearson was the happiest I've been with a managerial appointment we've made. 

Seemed to make so much sense at the time, and with Powell and Idiakez onboard, it just seemed perfect didn't it?

Should he have gotten more time to built the squad that suited his football? Maybe. Who knows. I think sacking him after nine games though is probably one of the bigger 'cons' on a Mel Morris 'pros and cons' list...

Nine games too many! 

The funny thing is, anybody who’s dealt with him in football will tell you that he’s actually a pussy! Scared of players when dealing with them one on one.

2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

DET “exclusive” this morning reporting that things are gathering pace talks Could happen this week.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-latest-derby-countys-search-2681127#ICID=ios_derbytelegraph_ios_AppShare_Click_FBshare

Seems like guesswork to me

”This is not to say a deal will definitely be done, and no formal offers have been received - but things seem to be gathering pace.”

Would we see much change if we did get new owners?  We’d still have to operate within FFP and can only lose £13m per year (if that’s the right amount), so presumably new ownership would just mean that we can continue to do that.  It doesn’t mean a massive cash injection for transfers or player salaries if I understand it correctly.

7 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Would we see much change if we did get new owners?  We’d still have to operate within FFP and can only lose £13m per year (if that’s the right amount), so presumably new ownership would just mean that we can continue to do that.  It doesn’t mean a massive cash injection for transfers or player salaries if I understand it correctly.

Not directly but the could sponsor us (stadium name, shirt sponsor, etc...)

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not directly but the could sponsor us (stadium name, shirt sponsor, etc...)

FFP regs prevent owners from injecting cash artificially. They can sponsor the club, but can only pay at a level that is in line to any standard commercial sponsorship deal.

Interesting to see the debate on whether the team is better or worse now than before mel Morris took over ,it is of course a matter of opinion , what is not opinion though is that if you believe it’s worse then it is not worse through lack of investment and that is and has been Morris s primary role so for me no matter whether he gets us up or not I will see his time with us as a positive, he’s put his money where his mouth ( heart ) is and given it a shot , 

i hope he gets us up in his time as owner or finds joint investors to help him achieve that or finds a buyer who has the capacity to get us up and keep us up ,

he will have my support and respect as a fellow ram/ owner now and going forward ,unless of course he was to knowingly sell us to a bunch of asset strippers and leave us in it

45 minutes ago, europia said:

Some may think it doesn't reflect well on the chairman if (as alleged) he is looking to sell the club, with the current manager only recently appointed 

Your right ,some may think that ,,, others may think it reflects well in terms of our recently appointed manager being a massive name in football and exactly the right man to have in place to attract the kind of investment / buyers we would otherwise st4uggle to attract 

12 hours ago, europia said:

Some may think it doesn't reflect well on the chairman if (as alleged) he is looking to sell the club, with the current manager only recently appointed 

At nearly 300 days, Frank is actually the 14th longest-serving manager in the Championship. I think the average length of tenure is about 1.3 yrs so he is well beyond half way. 

He is practically a veteran.

23 hours ago, Archied said:

Your right ,some may think that ,,, others may think it reflects well in terms of our recently appointed manager being a massive name in football and exactly the right man to have in place to attract the kind of investment / buyers we would otherwise st4uggle to attract 

Well yes, I suppose the chairman may have considered this when appointing a name like Frank Lampard. 

"But insiders at Pride Park insist they will be operating within the financial limits and do not fear any sanctions over the summer, based on current submissions to the EFL."

Percy, the one journalist you can definitely trust.

Looks like good news on the FFP front 

Archived