Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

Ambitious

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Lawton is quite well respected in the media world. Concerning.

Weve been trying to cut our cloth accordingly in the last 2 seasons, hopefully that will save us. 

At least this makes one thing clear, the likes of Ramage need to pipe down when questioning why aren’t we going for it January (as he has done the last 2 seasons) and berating derby for missed opportunities. FFP is now getting real.

36 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Headline says facing points deduction.

Then it says clubs under scrutiny.

Then spoken to club insiders and no issues.

Usual daily fail rubbish 

62742B25-0971-4A36-BDA2-FA091A8CCD47.jpeg

We will (because of our unusual accounting methods designed to allow more expenditure in the past) realise large losses when players contracts end this year as their book values are written down to zero and that becomes a ffp loss (I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson's extended for this reason).

I predict an embargo as a minimum

8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

62742B25-0971-4A36-BDA2-FA091A8CCD47.jpeg

Have you read the article?

Headline

Aston Villa, Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday all facing points deductions as big clubs join Birmingham City in the dock after Blues’ nine-point penalty

Now Aston Villa, Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday face sanctions too

Article

Opening paragraph:

Aston Villa, Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday are among the clubs who now face sanctions for breaches of financial regulations after Birmingham City were hit with a nine-point deduction.

Sounds confirmed right? But wait, we read on.... 

Sources have told Sportsmail that Villa, Derby and Wednesday are prominent among those who could come under serious scrutiny.

Oh so sources are saying we “could”, gotcha, so it’s not confirmed then, just speculating. Throw enough names in there you might get one to stick, bit like transfer rumours right? Sources say Derby could make a move for Mbappe this summer.

While the clubs declined to comment on Friday, privately insiders insist they will not be found to have breached financial fair play rules. But that will be a matter for interpretation.

Clubs declined to comment, good, yet insiders say we will not be found to have breached FFP, so we’ve gone from a headline sounding like it’s confirmed, to sources saying could and now insiders saying we’re fine. 

Derby are suffering major monthly losses but owner Mel Morris could resolve the situation by selling the club.

3 newspapers have even reported it over the last week, one claiming £1m per month, another £1-2m and the Mail who bring us this article claiming £3m.

I’m sure we’ll find out more on the 27th, but it’s unfair to throw out the rose tinted specs, we know we’re up against the limit but this article is wanky at best. Let’s wait and see.

Sith Happens

If all the rumours and news articles about us breaching FFP had come true in recent years this would be about our 5th time with transfer embargos etc.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, Gritty said:

One thing for sure; whether MM sells or not makes no difference whatsoever to FFP. 

It does though. Look at Forest for example. They were losing millions under Fawaz. But suddenly posted a 30 million profit following the sale and suddenly had lots of money to spend on players.

17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It does though. Look at Forest for example. They were losing millions under Fawaz. But suddenly posted a 30 million profit following the sale and suddenly had lots of money to spend on players.

Exactly!  ...And just look how they have pushed on from there!!     Another 3 years or so at this rate, and there may be no gap at all for them to mind!

Guffaw!

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

No, that's not right. They had served the embargo. The new guy coming in only came in after the embargo had been served. A sale of a club makes no difference whatsoever to the account of the club. 

There are too many 'rumours' from too many 'sources' being reported by too many different newspapers to think they are all lies.

If it was all lies or inaccurate, why would Mel wait until the fans forum and speak to a couple of hundred selected fan risking mixed messages, he could easily call an interview with the local media and set the record straight for everyone.

I'm certainly getting more concerned with each story.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There are too many 'rumours' from too many 'sources' being reported by too many different newspapers to think they are all lies.

If it was all lies or inaccurate, why would Mel wait until the fans forum and speak to a couple of hundred selected fan risking mixed messages, he could easily call an interview with the local media and set the record straight for everyone.

I'm certainly getting more concerned with each story.

Agree, all very worrying....

Sith Happens
57 minutes ago, Gritty said:

No, that's not right. They had served the embargo. The new guy coming in only came in after the embargo had been served. A sale of a club makes no difference whatsoever to the account of the club. 

I know they had, but under Fawaz they were reporting massive losses. They were 70 million plus in debt, thats why they werent signing many players, but suddenly a sale and they post 30 million profit.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I know they had, but under Fawaz they were reporting massive losses. They were 70 million plus in debt, thats why they werent signing many players, but suddenly a sale and they post 30 million profit.

Accounting profit of £32.1m for YE 31 May 2017, due mainly to Fawaz loans written off creating "exceptional income" of £40.4m.

I'm pretty sure that the loan write offs are excluded when calculating FFP profit though, this was QPR's argument with the EFL which they eventually lost.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Very true 

I think cos greeky owns however many clubs they’re able to move players about and tailor the transfer fees accordingly 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Accounting profit of £32.1m for YE 31 May 2017, due mainly to Fawaz loans written off creating "exceptional income" of £40.4m.

I'm pretty sure that the loan write offs are excluded when calculating FFP profit though, this was QPR's argument with the EFL which they eventually lost.

I think its just clever accounting. They have spent big this last summer after years of not being able to to keep the right side of FFP so there must be some write off allowed.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Very true 

I think cos greeky owns however many clubs they’re able to move players about and tailor the transfer fees accordingly 

And if all else fails they can always threaten to burn down the EFL offices.

Archived