Ambitious

Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

1 hour ago, cannable said:

The Americans tried this to the extent that we had the sixth lowest wage bill in the division and we were still losing over £7,000,000 a year. 

Needs to be a bit of a balancing act though, cut the wage bill too much and the quality of entertainment will follow it on a downward spiral.

For how much we have increased the wage bill since the Clough days can you really argue that the entertainment has improved in line?

Think about the squad we had when Mac 1 was here and the way income increased after that first season, if it weren't for the mad spending spree I think our losses would probably less than that £7m.

Its getting a bit worrying. And a potential focus for the forthcoming fans forum. 

Particularly if the ownership of the stadium becomes seperated from the ownership of the club.

i wonder what Frank makes of it?

If you Google Keith wyness derby county there are a few links.

The Birmingham mail is fairly typical in stitching together lines from previous stories and adding a dollop of plausible speculation. 

So we've got.....

- mel's had a disagreement with the efl over TV deals => mel is believed to be disillusioned with football 

- dcfc losing £3m per month => mel believed to be looking to sell if we don't get promoted 

- Keith wyness bought several investors to Tony xia at villa => American invesor interest believed to have been introduced already 

So it looks as though mel has decided that the current business model is not sustainable but where we might end up is complete guesswork. 

In mel i trust him, hes a rams fan hes not just gonna sell to anybody! If he has to sell then thats what it is but i do believe he will only sell to the right people! 

19 hours ago, HantsRam said:

If you Google Keith wyness derby county there are a few links.

The Birmingham mail is fairly typical in stitching together lines from previous stories and adding a dollop of plausible speculation. 

So we've got.....

- mel's had a disagreement with the efl over TV deals => mel is believed to be disillusioned with football 

- dcfc losing £3m per month => mel believed to be looking to sell if we don't get promoted 

- Keith wyness bought several investors to Tony xia at villa => American invesor interest believed to have been introduced already 

So it looks as though mel has decided that the current business model is not sustainable but where we might end up is complete guesswork. 

This isn’t swiping at u bud, but the validity of the article 

3m a month ????

so we’re loosing 36m a year ?

and £108m per 3 year ffp cycle ....

what a load of tripe

didnt the club say we need to rebalance things, or that we’re close to FFp....

if we were losing that amount that isn't being close to ffp that’s being close to being wound up

i suggest the source of this (was it the daily mail originally) is about as close to the truth as I am to getting lucky with Michelle keegan 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

3m a month ????

what a load of tripe

if we were losing that amount that isn't being close to ffp that’s being close to being wound up

i suggest the source of this (was it the daily mail originally) is about as close to the truth as I am to getting lucky with Michelle keegan 

Oh absolutely.  My little summery was simply illustrating how newspapers act to cobble together a "story" out of 1 new fact, plus a load of recycled guff that is a mish-mash of "facts" and previously aired supposition. 

No offence taken at all 👍

38 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

3m a month ????

what a load of tripe

Certain expenditure is excluded for FFP purposes. 

Operating losses in the last accounts were close to £2m a month.

Not sure why so many think this story is so wildly exaggerated.

45 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

3m a month ????

what a load of tripe

You might have more chance with Kevin Keegan.

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Certain expenditure is excluded for FFP purposes. 

Operating losses in the last accounts were close to £2m a month.

Not sure why so many think this story is so wildly exaggerated.

Ok but there’s a big difference between 3 and nearly 2m isn’t there 

all football clubs lose money and I’m sure Mel was more than aware of this when he took the job on.

hasnt he said he is open to outside investment ?

theres a big difference between looking for investment and selling the club 

a huge difference ... like one thing means one thing and the other means another 

just a bit of sensationalism journalism to shift a few papers and we’re about to go down the curmit unless we sell to any tom dick or harry that will have us 

I’m not worried I’m the slightest 

Edited by NottsRam77