Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

Ambitious

35 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So is the club for sale  for 1 pound plus whatever Mel wants back on his loans 

More or less - splitting hairs, the club is up for sale for £1 - but Mel will only sell it at that price to someone who is willing to pay back the loans he has made to Sevco. So it's technically two different transactions.

The Club itself is a legal entity (as is the Ground, The Academy, the Catering and the Events). All of these legal entities are owned by Sevco. The way it seems to work is that Mel puts in the loans at the Sevco level. He wants to sell the Club, but retain the rest (as these are all going concerns)

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

More or less - splitting hairs, the club is up for sale for £1 - but Mel will only sell it at that price to someone who is willing to pay back the loans he has made to Sevco. So it's technically two different transactions.

The Club itself is a legal entity (as is the Ground, The Academy, the Catering and the Events). All of these legal entities are owned by Sevco. The way it seems to work is that Mel puts in the loans at the Sevco level. He wants to sell the Club, but retain the rest (as these are all going concerns)

So it’s what I thought all along these loans by Mel were just that only loans. 

Nottingham post reports were for sale for less than the price of a chocolate bar .  There getting ripped of in gump land most bars are 60-70 p.   Here's a headline for them .  'At a hundred and thirty quid a season ticket get to watch a Forest match for £1 less than a pint you had before the game'

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes but as stated before for things like the academy upgrade etc the money was paid out right by mel hence why iv said for a while that it ia closer to 200mil he has put in.but i understand what you prob about to get at...

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Absolutely - it's a business investment that he always intended to recoup when we reach the Prem.

Not saying he would ask for it all back the second we get promoted, but at that point it becomes a different business proposition. Namely - to weigh up how much of the Prem money to invest in making sure we stay up, balanced against reclaiming some of his initial outlay. Obviously the more seasons a club stays in the Prem the more of his loan money he could reclaim

As it stands, he's just throwing money at it season after season and still no nearer the next stage of the plan

38 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No, because the train travel thing was shot down by other posters. I just asked how did you know that for sure. I never stated anything else. I am certainly not ITK, never claimed to be. I do laugh at some of the posters on here who seem to think they are though.

I here that he doesn't pay off these old managers but is currently keeping them under wraps too make his own version of the running man .  Next two contestants Pearson V Butterfield. Easy way to avoid FFP .

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

And do you know what the debt situation is in each of the entities? i thought i read somewhere that Mel had converted some loans to equity  - to make the Club debt free I think. That was a couple of years ago so he might have written off some loans once (possibly ones that dated from the GSE days that Mel paid GSE to inherit) and these are loans that have arisen only whilst under Mels ownership. 

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

And do you know what the debt situation is in each of the entities? i thought i read somewhere that Mel had converted some loans to equity  - to make the Club debt free I think. That was a couple of years ago so he might have written off some loans once (possibly ones that dated from the GSE days that Mel paid GSE to inherit) and these are loans that have arisen only whilst under Mels ownership. 

This? (Sevco 5112 full accounts made up to 31 August 2016)

image.png.ca71e982d1d1c7ed7c368448b0302269.png

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This? (Sevco 5112 full accounts made up to 31 August 2016)

image.png.ca71e982d1d1c7ed7c368448b0302269.png

Could be related - an earlier poster quoted a number of £100m of equity being injected by Mel (on top of loans) so part of that might have been to redeem (ie repay) these notes.

I have now fallen right off the edge of the limit of my competency in this topic though - corporate financing is a nightmare area.....

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

Why not? It was clear that he actually knew what he was talking about, unlike virtually everybody else, on this topic.

He was close to a meltdown.. He lost the plot at the end, @RamNut I think it was, was asking some normal questions and the guy imploded.. I can't remember clearly but I think they were almost saying the same thing but in different ways. DCFC is debt free (technically) but the money Morris put in went in to other holding companies. I think RamNut was trying to say, yes I know that but he will still want his money back when he sells. Which again is (technically) true.

That might be completely wrong by the way, it was a while ago. 

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

He was close to a meltdown.. He lost the plot at the end, @RamNut I think it was, was asking some normal questions and the guy imploded.. I can't remember clearly but I think they were almost saying the same thing but in different ways. DCFC is debt free (technically) but the money Morris put in went in to other holding companies. I think RamNut was trying to say, yes I know that but he will still want his money back when he sells. Which again is (technically) true.

Sounds about right (both ways)

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Pointless post then. Guy was really ill yet tried at length to disseminate info from various sets of accounts on our behalf and got little more than snide BS and the same questions over and over again back for his time and troubles. Small wonder he lost the plot.

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Pointless post then. Guy was really ill yet tried at length to disseminate info from various sets of accounts on our behalf and got little more than snide BS and the same questions over and over again back for his time and troubles. Small wonder he lost the plot.

Talking of pointless posts and up you pop.. 

Not sure he got snide BS. That is not RamNuts way. If I can be arsed I will try and find the thread and check if you are correct.

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Talking of pointless posts and up you pop.. 

Not sure he got snide BS. That is not RamNuts way. If I can be arsed I will try and find the thread and check if you are correct.

Not talking about Ramnut just in general. Check away pal. 

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not talking about Ramnut just in general. Check away pal. 

Looks like he has been erased from history, so I will defer to your opinion that he got snide BS. People disagreed for sure but I honestly don't recall it was 'snide BS'. 

Archived