Ambitious

Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

45 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

This isn’t swiping at u bud, but the validity of the article 

3m a month ????

so we’re loosing 36m a year ?

and £108m per 3 year ffp cycle ....

what a load of tripe

didnt the club say we need to rebalance things, or that we’re close to FFp....

if we were losing that amount that isn't being close to ffp that’s being close to being wound up

i suggest the source of this (was it the daily mail originally) is about as close to the truth as I am to getting lucky with Michelle keegan 

You might have more chance with Kevin Keegan.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Certain expenditure is excluded for FFP purposes. 

Operating losses in the last accounts were close to £2m a month.

Not sure why so many think this story is so wildly exaggerated.

Ok but there’s a big difference between 3 and nearly 2m isn’t there 

all football clubs lose money and I’m sure Mel was more than aware of this when he took the job on.

hasnt he said he is open to outside investment ?

theres a big difference between looking for investment and selling the club 

a huge difference ... like one thing means one thing and the other means another 

just a bit of sensationalism journalism to shift a few papers and we’re about to go down the curmit unless we sell to any tom dick or harry that will have us 

I’m not worried I’m the slightest 

Edited by NottsRam77

I think Mel would sell for the right offer, of course he would, I just don't think he's at the "gawd i want out of this a first viable opportunity" stage. He has met resistance with everything he's tried (expand Moor Farm, TV, etc etc) and he's spent lots without the team getting promotion.

I don't blame him if he's disillusioned.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

all football clubs lose money and I’m sure Mel was more than aware of this when he took the job on.

a huge difference ... like one thing means one thing and the other means another 

just a bit of sensationalism journalism to shift a few papers and we’re about to go down the curmit unless we sell to any tom dick or harry that will have us 

£194 million over 6 years .You do the maths.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Turnstile said:

£194 million over 6 years .You do the maths.

care to expand ? 

A source ?

Straight loss?

operational losses? 

Tbh im not that fussed with figures it’s not my money and Mel knew what he was getting himself into, I’m sure he’s not stupid

the fact is that the club and Mel addressed this rumour and said the situation hasn’t changed from last year

mel said last year he is open to outside investment.... he reiterated that again when all this got brought up again

nothing’s changed 

Edited by NottsRam77

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

care to expand ? 

Read the accounts. Remember MM put money into DCFC when he was a Director before he became sole owner. He put a lot of money into Moor Farm.

2 minutes ago, Turnstile said:

Read the accounts. Remember MM put money into DCFC when he was a Director before he became sole owner. He put a lot of money into Moor Farm.

Money into moor farm is an investment though not a loss which he chose to do 

if things were that bad, why spend the money 

I’m not here for tit for tat argument bud just saying I don’t believe what I read in the half the nationals as majority of the time it’s a load of crap

The club and Mel made their statement re open to outside investment, works for me 

he’s a businessman why wouldn’t he 

all football clubs hemorage money, I think we’re now one of the more stable ones, debt free, own our own ground, cat 1 academy which we own, land around the ground, we’re not in a bad spot generally speaking .. if u exclude mr rushes exploits and the fall out from that which we are still feeling the effects of lol

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes of course there is but the £2m I quoted was from an accounting period that ended nearly 2 years ago. In the scheme of FFP there is not much difference between £2m and £3m a year, both would have us significantly over the limit.

Not sure anyone has said any different? Pretty sure Mel would have expected promotion by now though given his level of investment.

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes but that does not solve any FFP problems. Basically, outside investment would be sharing the losses so I could only see it being someone speculating on promotion. 

See above.

Yes.

Think it may be closer to the truth than you think in terms of the figures quoted. Not see anyone reporting that we are in trouble unless Mel sells, isn't that just sensationalism posting from you?

Me neither, it's easy not to be worried when it's someone elses money. For the record I was also not worried when Lionel Pickering was in charge. He was another rich fan who had the club's best interests at heart.

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

To reiterate so people can untwist their knickers

People keep saying about selling the club 

Mel has NEVER said he is looking to sell the club 

he HAS said that he is open to outside investment 

there is a massive different between the two 

massive

I feel your frustration. As you know I have also asked people to put up, or shut up, about the club's finances. They even provide articles to support their argument, but when you read it you can clearly see it doesn't say the things they have imagined it does.

I would suggest that club's who have ambition will sail close to the wind around FFP; as long as they know what they are doing I see nothing wrong in this.

What plans Mel has for his role in the club is his business and fans should, as you say, stick to the facts.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

This is all well and good and u make good valid points mate

all I’ve tried to say as I have done on another post 

that the daily mail “reported” Mel is trying to sell the club 

that is incorrect 

he has said as of last season that he was open to outside investment , not he is trying to sell the club 

how we got onto all those ins and outs I do not know lol 

Edited by NottsRam77

45 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

This is all well and good and u make good valid points mate

all I’ve tried to say as I have done on another post 

that the daily mail “reported” Mel is trying to sell the club 

that is incorrect 

he has said as of last season that he was open to outside investment , not he is trying to sell the club 

how we got onto all those ins and outs I do not know lol 

With all due respect, you don’t know that is incorrect... What is said publicly and what is said privately can be two different things.

I saw him on a train the other day and he told me he was selling to @Ramet He knows what time Morris has a dump (apparently).

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but that does not solve any FFP problems. Basically, outside investment would be sharing the losses so I could only see it being someone speculating on promotion. 

Have you got any evidence to back this up or is your opinion? There is no arguing that we are close to the FFP limits this year as MM confirmed however I’m wondering what information there is out there that says we will be in the same position next year ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Have you got any evidence to back this up or is your opinion? There is no arguing that we are close to the FFP limits this year as MM confirmed however I’m wondering what information there is out there that says we will be in the same position next year ?

It's kind of an opinion based on the fact that I believe MM will be funding us up to the FFP limits (as he has alluded to on several occasions).

If that is true, then external investment will make no difference to the situation, other than it will be more than one investor covering our losses, it will not mean there is any more money available for transfers or wages. Unless of course the external 'investment' is made in a way that shows as a source of trading income ie sponsorship.

Just my understanding of things and I'm far from being an FFP expert, just using information from the accounts coupled with information coming from the club.

After reading back your post, I think I've missed your point.

Obviously, I have no information about the future position, even MM has said that it's hard to predict even as the season shapes up. 

The fact that we've been close to the limits, despite us selling prize assets in the last 2 seasons,  tells me that we'd have to shift a lot of the wage bill to significantly alter that.

Edited by G STAR RAM
Addition