RIP Keith Flint

Wolfie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Grew up listening to these when they came onto the scene with Charly & The Experience in the early 90’s. Thankfully saw them live too. Keith was pure energy. RIP. 

Same here. They were a breath of fresh air when they appeared. So many memories of University are tied to their music.

Loved their later stuff as well. Particularly...

Absolutely gutted about this.  Everyone gushes about how influential Oasis, Blur & Pulp were on the Brit Pop/Cool Britania era, but The Prodigy showed as much as any band how radical British music & culture was becoming.  I loved them ever since I heard Charly way back in '92, but Keith going front in centre elevated them to a whole new level.  A true legend.

RIP

Rave in Peace

A soundtrack to my teens, leading me to embrace other dance styles. One of a kind, a pioneer, a legend, you pretty much influenced my taste in music.

Rave on. 

Absolutely gutted about this.  Grew up through my teens listening to The Prodigy and one of my all time favourite bands.  Saw them at the Carling Academy in Sheffield about 13 years ago and it was my favourite live gig ever, the energy was unreal.

RIP Keith, that waiting room in the sky just got a whole lot livelier.

any confirmation on how he died? No need to answer now, just did a little research.... (edit)

I've seen a comment linking it to mental health and suicide. But not seen any other mention.

Like others of my generation, those mid-90s were my formative music years and Prodigy were a part of that. Got to admit I didn't keep up to date with anything they were doing in the last few years, but they were very important when I was 20!

Sort of wish I had been the age I am now in the 90s. Britpop, Cool Britannia, the rave scene, grunge. Would have been class but, with the exception of Oasis, I can't quite connect with that sort of music because I didn't live through it (not counting the last three months of 1999 that I saw).

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Sort of wish I had been the age I am now in the 90s. Britpop, Cool Britannia, the rave scene, grunge. Would have been class but, with the exception of Oasis, I can't quite connect with that sort of music because I didn't live through it (not counting the last three months of 1999 that I saw).

I was 16/17 in 95/96. The summers were red hot, the music was new and cool, drugs were everywhere and Derby were a force!

Great days ?

Keith Flint, in 2015: "I’ve always had this thing inside me that, when I’m done, I’ll kill myself."

He was a big Motorsport fan, and the company I work for had the privilege of sponsoring his British Superbike team a couple of years ago, met him a couple of times, too bloke. RIP.

28DBD421-195A-4838-90D7-3A835FFE4638.jpeg

Archived