David

19 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Carson

Bogle     Keogh.       Tomori.     Cole 

Thorne 

Mount.                 Holmes 

Lawrence       Marriott.          Waghorn 

Roos Malone Davies Wilson Josefzoon Huddlestone Bryson

I don't really get the Thorne thing.  He can't even find a place on the bench at his current club.  Apart from mindless desperation why do you think he is the force needed to push us into the playoffs

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-----------------------Carson

Wisdom-------Davis----------Tomori------Forsyth

----------------Johnson---------Huddlestone

-----------------------Mount

Lawrence-----------------------------------Wilson

-----------------------Waghorn

Subs - Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Holmes, Marriott, Josefzoon, Bennett

Davis at the back gives us a lot more communication, and Tomori covers his lack of pace.

I'd like us to address our lack of width with playing wingers on their preferred side, the wide men cutting in isn't working due to lack of overlaps from the full backs.  Having someone next to Huddlstone to do the dirty work would help him and stop teams isolating him when the centre halves have the ball.  

Mount gets closer to the 18 yard box

I love Marriott, but Waghorn offers more hold up play

Roos

bogle.       Keogh.  Tomori.  Malone

jozefzoon. Mount.   Johnson.  Wilson

.                Marriott.   Waghorn

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

I don't really get the Thorne thing.  He can't even find a place on the bench at his current club.  Apart from mindless desperation why do you think he is the force needed to push us into the playoffs

Yeah because of injury as @David stated in the op . On talent alone he's the best holding midfield player at this club . 

25 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yeah because of injury as @David stated in the op . On talent alone he's the best holding midfield player at this club . 

when did we last see this 'talent', does he still have it?  Seth was great before he was injured so i suggest he is included in the side

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

-----------------------Carson

Wisdom-------Davis----------Tomori------Forsyth

----------------Johnson---------Huddlestone

-----------------------Mount

Lawrence-----------------------------------Wilson

-----------------------Waghorn

Subs - Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Holmes, Marriott, Josefzoon, Bennett

Davis at the back gives us a lot more communication, and Tomori covers his lack of pace.

I'd like us to address our lack of width with playing wingers on their preferred side, the wide men cutting in isn't working due to lack of overlaps from the full backs.  Having someone next to Huddlstone to do the dirty work would help him and stop teams isolating him when the centre halves have the ball.  

Mount gets closer to the 18 yard box

I love Marriott, but Waghorn offers more hold up play

Lawrence prefers to be on the left, and Wilson prefers to be on the right ?

Then you back it up by suggesting Bogle doesn’t overlap enough so replace him with Wisdom.?‍♂️

I loved Martin and Thorne at their peak as much as anybody, but they're not currently pulling up any trees. Martin has been in and out of a Hull side, scoring one goal in 23 league appearances. Thorne isn't even making an impact in League One, albeit a good League One side, and hasn't even made their matchday squad on a few occasions. 

Let's put it to rest, they are not the answer. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I loved Martin and Thorne at their peak as much as anybody, but they're not currently pulling up any trees. Martin has been in and out of a Hull side, scoring one goal in 23 league appearances...

Martin has been getting back to fitness. The Hull side are not far behind us in the league after a poor start. Could it be another season when a team with Martin playing for them finishes above us?!

I still like to think that Thorne could be coached back by Lampard and Morris and like the last guy said Martin is coming back from injury.

So

Carson

Bogle

Davies

Tomori

Forsyth

Huddlestone

Thorne

Wilson

Mount

Lawrence

Martin

Subs - Roos, Wisdom, Cole, Johnson, Marriott, Bryson, Waghorn, 

30 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I still like to think that Thorne could be coached back by Lampard and Morris and like the last guy said Martin is coming back from injury.

So

Carson

Bogle

Davies

Tomori

Forsyth

Huddlestone

Thorne

Wilson

Mount

Lawrence

Martin

Subs - Roos, Wisdom, Cole, Johnson, Marriott, Bryson, Waghorn, 

Keogh doesn't even make the bench! ?

I know he has his detractors but I, and many more according to the recent POTY thread, have him certainly in our top three performers for this season. Yet you prefer Davis at centre half when everyone knows that he is not a footballing centre half, more a head it and kick it player.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence prefers to be on the left, and Wilson prefers to be on the right ?

Then you back it up by suggesting Bogle doesn’t overlap enough so replace him with Wisdom.?‍♂️

Wisdom wouldn't need to overlap because Lawrence would provide the width, much like he operated under Mac 1 ?‍♂️

I couldn't give a rat's ass where they prefer to play, if the boss tells them to play in a certain position, in the hope the TEAM win, then they play there ?

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I know he has his detractors but I, and many more according to the recent POTY thread, have him certainly in our top three performers for this season. Yet you prefer Davis at centre half when everyone knows that he is not a footballing centre half, more a head it and kick it player.

true and yet he thinks Thorne deserves a place, 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Martin has been getting back to fitness. The Hull side are not far behind us in the league after a poor start. Could it be another season when a team with Martin playing for them finishes above us?!

Martin is useful, but he's got three Championship goals in his last 56 appearances. He's also been available for every Hull game this season, aside from the ones against us, so I'm not buying the line 'getting back to fitness'. He's just not the player he once was, which you could say about most of the top goalscorers of the 15/16 season - Murphy, Gestede, Igahlo, Rhodes & McCormack - certainly. It happens. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Martin is useful, but he's got three Championship goals in his last 56 appearances. He's also been available for every Hull game this season, aside from the ones against us, so I'm not buying the line 'getting back to fitness'. He's just not the player he once was, which you could say about most of the top goalscorers of the 15/16 season - Murphy, Gestede, Igahlo, Rhodes & McCormack - certainly. It happens. 

I think more than anything, Martin and his type, bar a few exceptions have gone out of fashion.  A No 9 these days has to have pace, as well as strength, to go with a good touch and finishing.  That fact Frazier Campbell gets in ahead of him tells you how they play.

As sad as it is, he's more suited to League 1 nowadays where play is a little more industrial...

17 hours ago, richinspain said:

You are right he should have made the bench

I missed him.

I am not a Keogh hater, I love his commitment but I think Davies provides more as a defender. 

Archived