Our Best Team

David

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Go make me a cake without eggs and flour then come back to me and tell me it’s nonsense.

Any team in this league would struggle with the number of injuries to key players we have without the depth and quality to come in and replace, if you believe otherwise it’s best we agree to disagree. 

You've obviously never seen me bake then.

Did you see any evidence yesterday of Frank motivating the players he did at his disposal yesterday against Villa.

All I saw was his team on the wrong end of a total pasting by a club who hadnt won in about 7 games. 

It would have probably been better to call the game off in advance and then accept a 6 goal reverse as that was already a fait accompli with the players Frank had available if that's your argument

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

The team that mullered WBA please. 

Carson, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Wilson, Huddlestone, Mount, Waghorn, Marriott, Lawrence

Forsyth, Johnson, Bennett, Roos, Holmes, Nugent, Davies

Carson, 

Bogle, Keogh, Davies, Cole

Huddlestone

Wilson, Mount, Thorne, Lawrence

Marriott

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Tomori, Bryson, Holmes, Waghorn, Martin

i must admit I have never been a Forsyth fan, I’ve always considered him a weak link hence his exclusion from my squad. To a fully performing side,Cole’s experience would be critical.

Thorne gets a call up as even though we have hardly seen anything and he hasn’t had the chance to shine for Luton yet, one of my key takeaways from this season is that we are now lacking in centre midfield.  Love Bryson but he’s not offering enough at the moment, whereas (perhaps hopeful) Thorne’s vision and passing would allow Mount to play to the best of his ability.

Martin is in as he offers something different even if his best days are behind him. Nugent, for me, has been very poor this season and offered very little so Martin gets the shout

Just now, Inglorius said:

You've obviously never seen me bake then.

Did you see any evidence yesterday of Frank motivating the players he did at his disposal yesterday against Villa.

All I saw was his team on the wrong end of a total pasting by a club who hadnt won in about 7 games. 

It would have probably been better to call the game off in advance and then accept a 6 goal reverse as that was already a fait accompli with the players Frank had available if that's your argument

I’m on a gluten free diet, believe me you take key ingredients out of baked goods they never taste the same, barely recognisable, bread is as chewy as an old boot....a boot would taste better as well.

I wasn’t in the dressing room yesterday no, care to share what was said in there? Or are we going to blame yesterday on the percentage of time hands were in pockets?

Aston Villa have been out of sorts but they have some very good players, yes we took a pasting but look back to when Derby were pasting the likes of West Brom we were missing Forsyth, Mount, Lawrence and Wilson was on the bench as he was ill a couple of days before. That’s 4 players, 3 of which were key.

You also have Carson, Bennett, Marriott all just back from injury.

If you want to brush it off as nonsense, say shouldn’t effect us, fine, but clearly It has though and it would effect other clubs as well.

We simply do not have the quality of players to come in and replace those out with injury, not to play the quick, fast tempo Lampard wants.

The shot stat that’s being talked about, do you really think it would have taken us until the second half to even register one with Lawrence, Mount and Wilson playing?

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Interesting that nobody has got him in the team and very few even in the squad but Malone played that day and scored .

Exactly. He was brought in as he’s been there and done it with Fulham. Just need Mount and TL back and were in business. The only way Hudds can be justifiable now is with Wilson and Mount in there with him.

When are they due back ?

Thanks for listing the team v WBA David ??

Roos

Bogle Keogh tomori forsyth

Mount  Huddlestone Bryson

Wilson          Lawrence

Martin

Subs

Carson,Waghorn,Wisdom,Lowe,mountjohnson,Marriott

Much as I rate Marriott's,he is a poacher not a main striker and Wilson and Lawrence are better wingers.

Waghorn is a poor man's Martin without the same ability to hold up the ball and bring others into the action,scoring on the overlap.....

14 minutes ago, David said:

I’m on a gluten free diet, believe me you take key ingredients out of baked goods they never taste the same, barely recognisable, bread is as chewy as an old boot....a boot would taste better as well.

I wasn’t in the dressing room yesterday no, care to share what was said in there? Or are we going to blame yesterday on the percentage of time hands were in pockets?

Aston Villa have been out of sorts but they have some very good players, yes we took a pasting but look back to when Derby were pasting the likes of West Brom we were missing Forsyth, Mount, Lawrence and Wilson was on the bench as he was ill a couple of days before. That’s 4 players, 3 of which were key.

You also have Carson, Bennett, Marriott all just back from injury.

If you want to brush it off as nonsense, say shouldn’t effect us, fine, but clearly It has though and it would effect other clubs as well.

We simply do not have the quality of players to come in and replace those out with injury, not to play the quick, fast tempo Lampard wants.

The shot stat that’s being talked about, do you really think it would have taken us until the second half to even register one with Lawrence, Mount and Wilson playing?

I like yourself have no insight into what was said in the dressing we can only base our opinions on what is evidenced on the pitch and for Villa and Forest the outputs simply haven't been adequate enough.

Assuming that Lampard is having some form of team talk with his players then this is evidently not translating itself to the pitch unless it's an understanding issue or Lampard is asking too much of the players at his disposal either way with the majority of the season gone I would have expected this to be resolved by now.

Let's then abandon the game after the opposition score the first goal early on as obviously this is beyond Lampard's nous as well to influence.

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I like yourself have no insight into what was said in the dressing we can only base our opinions on what is evidenced on the pitch and for Villa and Forest the outputs simply haven't been adequate enough.

Assuming that Lampard is having some form of team talk with his players then this is evidently not translating itself to the pitch unless it's an understanding issue or Lampard is asking too much of the players at his disposal either way with the majority of the season gone I would have expected this to be resolved by now.

Let's then abandon the game after the opposition score the first goal early on as obviously this is beyond Lampard's nous as well to influence.

You mean like Norwich away, Southampton in the cup, Bristol City at home etc.?

Just now, David said:

You mean like Norwich away, Southampton in the cup, Bristol City at home etc.?

Why did Lampard then trot this out as an excuse against Forest and then against Villa if its not relevant.

Do you want to comment about the rest of my post too please or does that mean you agree with it

Back to trying to be defensively solid for me. So when everyone is fit

Carson

bogle       Keogh.         tomori     Malone

Hudds      Johnson

Waghorn        Mount       Wilson

Marriott 

Why did Lampard then trot this out as an excuse against Forest and then against Villa if its not relevant.

Do you want to comment about the rest of my post too please or does that mean you agree with it

I have nothing to reply to the rest of your post to be honest, but one thing you can’t accuse his team of lacking is the ability to come back from going behind as we have on numerous occasions this season.

Did you listen to Frank last night? Said injuries were not an excuse but they are a reason, a reason which you’re just brushing off as nonsense.

Those 3 games I just mentioned. 

v Southampton Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Bryson, Huddlestone, Mount, Waghorn, Marriott, Wilson

v Bristol City Carson, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Wilson, Huddlestone, Mount, Waghorn, Nugent, Jozefzoon

v Norwich Carson, Bogle, Tomori, Wisdom, Wilson, Mount, Evans, Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon

I see a pattern developing.

Now some won’t like the fact we struggle without our loan players, not being ours, but Fulham would not be in the Premier League today without their loans. No shame in having key players on loan, what it has done is highlight the need to find suitable replacements these in the summer. 

Out of interest as you haven’t yet, assuming we had a fully fit squad, players out on loan excluded, what would your team have been yesterday? 

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Back to trying to be defensively solid for me. So when everyone is fit

Carson

bogle       Keogh.         tomori     Malone

Hudds      Johnson

Waghorn        Mount       Wilson

Marriott 

Actually I’ve changed my mind and I’d give youth a chance so I’d replace Hudds with bird

6 minutes ago, David said:

I have nothing to reply to the rest of your post to be honest, but one thing you can’t accuse his team of lacking is the ability to come back from going behind as we have on numerous occasions this season.

Did you listen to Frank last night? Said injuries were not an excuse but they are a reason, a reason which you’re just brushing off as nonsense.

Those 3 games I just mentioned. 

v Southampton Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Bryson, Huddlestone, Mount, Waghorn, Marriott, Wilson

v Bristol City Carson, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Wilson, Huddlestone, Mount, Waghorn, Nugent, Jozefzoon

v Norwich Carson, Bogle, Tomori, Wisdom, Wilson, Mount, Evans, Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon

I see a pattern developing.

Now some won’t like the fact we struggle without our loan players, not being ours, but Fulham would not be in the Premier League today without their loans. No shame in having key players on loan, what it has done is highlight the need to find suitable replacements these in the summer. 

Out of interest as you haven’t yet, assuming we had a fully fit squad, players out on loan excluded, what would your team have been yesterday? 

I did make a separate post yesterday about the difference between a reason and an excuse - if you follow this to the logical conclusion we therefore lost yesterday at Villa as we had lots of injuries which would have been an excuse if it wasn't valid, therefore the destiny of the game was already affected before we kicked a ball because of this reason.

This is the bit I cannot accept as I said earlier why not tell all of our travelling fans not to turn up and save a load of money as knowing that we had a lot of injuries meant Lampard had already accepted we were going to lose the game as this was the reason given in the post match interview.

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I did make a separate post yesterday about the difference between a reason and an excuse - if you follow this to the logical conclusion we therefore lost yesterday at Villa as we had lots of injuries which would have been an excuse if it wasn't valid, therefore the destiny of the game was already affected before we kicked a ball because of this reason.

This is the bit I cannot accept as I said earlier why not tell all of our travelling fans not to turn up and save a load of money as knowing that we had a lot of injuries meant Lampard had already accepted we were going to lose the game as this was the reason given in the post match interview.

And your team for yesterday would have been with a fully fit squad?

2 minutes ago, David said:

And your team for yesterday would have been with a fully fit squad?

Do you agree with what I'm saying that every time we have injuries then let's tell the fans not to turn up as inevitably we will lose as this will be the valid proferred reason by Lampard which isnt an excuse.

Do you agree with what I'm saying that every time we have injuries then let's tell the fans not to turn up as inevitably we will lose as this will be the valid proferred reason by Lampard which isnt an excuse.

Not sure why you feel I should answer your questions when you have ignored mine a couple of times now, a question which this topic was created for.

What do you believe is our best team, 1 to 11 and bench including players that are currently or recently been injured?

If you don’t feel like answering that’s fine, I will sit back and wait for others to share theirs and possibly reply to those that are interested in a 2 way conversation.

48 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh tomori forsyth

Mount  Huddlestone Bryson

Wilson          Lawrence

Martin

Subs

Carson,Waghorn,Wisdom,Lowe,mountjohnson,Marriott

Much as I rate Marriott's,he is a poacher not a main striker and Wilson and Lawrence are better wingers.

Waghorn is a poor man's Martin without the same ability to hold up the ball and bring others into the action,scoring on the overlap.....

I like the look of that though I would have loved to see Marriott running off Martin.

I suppose Wilson and Lawrence would do that well mind.?

4 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure why you feel I should answer your questions when you have ignored mine a couple of times now, a question which this topic was created for.

What do you believe is our best team, 1 to 11 and bench including players that are currently or recently been injured?

If you don’t feel like answering that’s fine, I will sit back and wait for others to share theirs and possibly reply to those that are interested in a 2 way conversation.

I've probably hijacked this thread then my original point which I still stand by is the one in my last post. 

If we are solely to confine discussions to the precise title of the thread then that's not something I agree with, looking back over previous threads there have been numerous and substantive digressions which haven't been stopped by moderators so why start now.

Archived