Permanent signings this season

Sparkle

31 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Flo Jo possesses no intelligence whatsoever. I think he’s an awful footballer. Doesn’t run behind, wants it to feet, threatens to take players on but actually doesn’t. Crossing terrible, can’t kick a ball properly, when the going gets tough he is nowhere to be found, etc

Jozefzoon 19/20 Championship top goal scorer confirmed, stick a fiver on it everyone ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cannable said:

Evans hasn’t been bad, people’s expectations of him have been Pirlo when in reality he’s Eustace

I’m sorry but he ain’t, he’s a more advanced Alex Pearce. Wooden and unnatural footballer. Not atrocious for a 200k signing, but far too avarege for a team that wants promotion.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Some used to say the same about Eustace…

We used to miss Eustace when he didn't play. A young Eustace is exactly what we need now in the midfield. We look a much better team without Evans in it from what I have seen. Hopefully he will improve......

50 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m sorry but he ain’t, he’s a more advanced Alex Pearce. Wooden and unnatural footballer. Not atrocious for a 200k signing, but far too avarege for a team that wants promotion.

I think we paid more than that 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think it was that rising to a million, one of those sort of deals. Fair enough for a youngish backup who could improve imo, no way should be starting regularly tho for me

Huddlestone thorne Johnson then Evans in that particular position for me which says it all - then again why do we play anyone in that position because they are stopping nothing 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Huddlestone thorne Johnson then Evans in that particular position for me which says it all - then again why do we play anyone in that position because they are stopping nothing 

Not sure I agree with that, a fit Thorne certainly but he’s far from that at the minute, and Johnson is debatedly too kamaikaze tho I can see the argument. You’re right on the second point tho, but that’s a problem with coaching and positioning Imo. 

Evans - I read some opinions from Royals fans on this guy when he joined and they called it correctly. Basically, they said he was neat and tidy in the middle when the team were playing well, but when the players around him aren't playing well he lacks the ability to have any positive impact on the team individually.

Holmes - I'm very happy with this signing. I think he's acquitted himself very well for his first season at this level and I think there's more to come from him.

Jozefzoon - Underwhelming. Yet another pacy winger who can't find any consistency at our club. Every time he plays a decent game he inevitably follows it up with an absolute stinker.

Malone - Does exactly what it says on the tin. Malone has been around the Championship for a few years, so no one should be surprised by his lack of defensive ability. He was brought in to provide competition for Forsyth and that worked well. At the time I would've preferred for Lowe to compete for the left back spot, but his performances at the turn of the year vindicated Lampard's decision to go for Malone instead.

Marriott - Where would we be without this guy's goals? A very good signing. Has hit double figures despite often being provided with very little help up front.

Waghorn - We got mugged by Ipswich on the fee, but most of us knew that at the time. Unfortunately, transfer fees have become so inflated that 7 million is the going rate for an average Championship workhorse coming off the back of a good season.

I know you didn't want to talk about loans, but I want to point out that as per usual our January transfer business was a complete waste of time and money.

Cole - For all the fanfare associated with signing one of England's greatest ever full backs our form hasn't improved, our defence hasn't improved, our mentality hasn't improved. Cole was a world class player, but at 38 is he really offering more than Malone?

King - No one could've foreseen his injury, but if we're honest he didn't look like he was going to be the answer for us in midfield, unless the question was "what would Craig Bryson look like if he was taller and walked everywhere instead of running?".

Ambrose - ???? I hope I'm wrong, but I'll predict that this bloke will barely play and be quietly released in the summer.

I tend to view newcomers as to whether they add anything to what we've got and help towards an upward progression.  We've carried too many for too long and if FFP is sufficient it is better to be tough now rather than wait until the contract ends.  We've tried that one already.

Evans - nope may come good but from what I've seen so far, sell

Holmes - maybe

Jozefzoon - nope and try to sell

Malone - nope and try to sell

Marriott - yep

Waghorn - maybe but it looks like the only way he will be played is out of position.  Not a good fit with Marriott.  So in balance nope and try and sell

Cole -stop gap, loan not renewed

King - injured but showed nothing in the few chances he has had.  Loan not renewed

Ambrose - too early to say

Archived