Our fans

Vienna

3 hours ago, angieram said:

After the Ipswich game he was across the room from us at breakfast. We were conversing about the match, mostly positive about the end of the game, quite a lot about injuries etc. Next thing he's posted this on twitter

Those emojis are really taking the p.....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Rather then tell me that I was mistaken in my assumption why don't you then make it clear what you meant in your original summary in the last paragraph where you allude to our issues being down to the number of managers we've had over recent years 

Many of them have had significantly different styles of play, all of them have spent significant sums of money bringing 'their' types of players to the club & none of them (apart from McClaren in his first spell) have had time to implement that style. 

In the past 5 years, we've had McClaren & Clement but also Rowett & Pearson. Chalk & cheese in playing approach and little or no continuity in terms of recruitment, which has meant a highly paid & bloated squad suiting a number of different styles. We then get a new manager to come into a club with a mishmash squad & sky high expectations and expect him to implement his style in less than a season? It makes no sense.

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Which of the managers we've ditched have had success after us then?

There is an argument that Nigel has, both with dragging Sheff Utd up and their cup runs, and getting Burton into the Championship and keeping them there for a season was a massive succuss on their budget and fan base. Since Nigel, I think you are right and that tends to say something about our manager / head coach recruitment.

35 minutes ago, Archied said:

Do you believe the right decision is to sack lampard now and get a new manger roy?

That would depend on who we could get in. ? What do you think could we go for Wagner or Joka? I think we need to take every opportunity we can to get promoted, and I'm no longer convinced by Frankie. Just my opinion, I can't see why others get so uptight about it, it's not like @David I don't have a hotline to Mel! ? 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That would depend on who we could get in. ? What do you think could we go for Wagner or Joka? I think we need to take every opportunity we can to get promoted, and I'm no longer convinced by Frankie. Just my opinion, I can't see why others get so uptight about it, it's not like @David I don't have a hotline to Mel! ? 

Got to give it you.

you were a leading member of the Rowett-out faction, and you're first out of the traps again ?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe they see it as Groundhog Day every time we see a change of manager, frustrated by others that are continuely searching for a quick promotion fix looking to change the manager every 6 months?

Maybe they feel like if we stuck with one, allowed them the season to see the team through the good and bad spells, make changes in the summer to fix the problems we could start to build something like Norwich have?

If you remember, I showed you your old post where you wanted promotion, didn’t matter how you got it. Enter Rowett, then you wasn’t happy with how we were playing despite being second in the table and wanted a change. We now have a change which you celebrated in style, 9 months later, possibly earlier you’re not happy again and now searching for that quick promotion fix.

Hard one to please!

Although I think we all know you really want Mr McClaren back, wave his magic wand and cure George Thorne, bring back Martin, get Lee Grant on the phone and have a 2014 reunion. Until they are all retired and signing shirts for Loweman in their 80s you won’t be happy again. ?

Anyway contact details or not, I wouldn’t and have never used them to voice any concerns or support of the manager. I’m just a fan like you and would use the Fans forum events they put on as an opportunity to do so if I felt strongly enough.

10 minutes ago, David said:

If you remember, I showed you your old post where you wanted promotion, didn’t matter how you got it. Enter Rowett, then you wasn’t happy with how we were playing despite being second in the table and wanted a change. We now have a change which you celebrated in style, 9 months later, possibly earlier you’re not happy again and now searching for that quick promotion fix.

Hard one to please!

Have I missed us getting promoted then?

Yes I want promotion and yes I'd settle for a season of crap if we were promoted - Snake didn't manage it. #pointtome I don't see Lampard getting us promoted. I've no problem if I get that wrong, you're welcome to point it out me. ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have I missed us getting promoted then?

Yes I want promotion and yes I'd settle for a season of crap if we were promoted - Snake didn't manage it. #pointtome I don't see Lampard getting us promoted. I've no problem if I get that wrong, you're welcome to point it out me. ?

I’m sure you claimed that you didn’t care about promotion as long as Rowett left, now would it be fair to say you don’t care how we go up, just get us any manager that can take us up?

If Lampard was to leave, not sure I would be able to stop myself dropping and email to suggest Rowett II, #UnfinishedBusiness ?

1 minute ago, David said:

I’m sure you claimed that you didn’t care about promotion as long as Rowett left, now would it be fair to say you don’t care how we go up, just get us any manager that can take us up?

If Lampard was to leave, not sure I would be able to stop myself dropping and email to suggest Rowett II, #UnfinishedBusiness ?

Lol. I'm sure I can't remember (don't bother searching I'll gladly admit it it if you want ? ) What the hell  I reckon Rowett could get us into the top 6 if Hudds is fit and Marriott can chase! #unfinishedbusiness

20 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Basically, unless we win the league there will be a large portion of the fans that aren't happy and call for the manager's head. Simple as that. 

I don't think that's true GF. One person started a sack Frank thread and know a large portion want him out? 

I think a large portion want to see an improvement in performances and results, that's about it. 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Many of them have had significantly different styles of play, all of them have spent significant sums of money bringing 'their' types of players to the club & none of them (apart from McClaren in his first spell) have had time to implement that style. 

In the past 5 years, we've had McClaren & Clement but also Rowett & Pearson. Chalk & cheese in playing approach and little or no continuity in terms of recruitment, which has meant a highly paid & bloated squad suiting a number of different styles. We then get a new manager to come into a club with a mishmash squad & sky high expectations and expect him to implement his style in less than a season? It makes no sense.

And who is to blame for that?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I’m very much on  the keep lampard side , early days for me to say I’ve seen enough to say he will or won’t cut it as a top manager but there are enough pluses for me to want him at the club whilst we find out , now if anybody can garuantee me bringing a new man now will get us up I may need to have a rethink but like always with these things it will come down to gut feeling and hindsight

12 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I'm sure if you take the time to review threads & the polls on here around the time of Lampard's appointment, you will see there was overwhelming support for his appointment.

Incidentally, I also opposed it & was open about it on here. Having appointed him though, it would be bizarre not to persevere with him so early into his managerial career.

Well that’s fair enough, I just dislike catch-all statements, especially one which is diametrically opposite to what my own opinion was.

I was aware that many were excited by Lampard’s appointment. At the time I wondered what they were so excited about, and Lampard has done nothing to change my mind. I’m certainly not in the camp who thinks he is the right man to rebuild a side losing so many in the summer, but I hope he proves me very wrong.

The fans have every right to be frustrated. In the space of a month we have dropped off again in February, Lost to our local rivals for the first time for 3 years, Churned out a rubbish performance at Brighton to limp out of the cup, Couldn't beat bottom of the table Ipswich and lost at home to Millwall who had only one once away all season, add to this this weekends 4-0 drubbing at Villa and not having a shot on target. Most who traveled to Villa alone forked out £30. Performances against Sheff U, Leeds and Preston as well as the teams named above have got everybody questioning the players and management. We have had 2 shots on target in 270 mins of football and named a different starting eleven 28 times this season! how some fans can defend most of the teams performances since boxing day is beyond me. Were not creating chances! the day after a 4-0 defeat Derby County are posting things on twitter about Season Ticket renewals - not the best time. Next season we may have a bare squad and no money to spend, so most see this as the best time to go for it but the players and management dont look to share the same desire and hide behind excuses. 

My opinion is that over the past 2 months we have been putting in poor displays, I turn up to the match and just hope for a bit of a spark, but no. I couldn't even begin to think about what they do in training or in the tactics room as nothing has changed or improved for months its only got worse. The manager speaks about togetherness and how much they need the fans backing them, well put in a long overdue performance and you'll get that, actually just have a meaningful attack or shot on target would do. 99% of fans turn up on matchday and forget the last result and support the side form minute one. it only usually turns sour in the stands when the players arnt performing, Hull at home for example the stadium was rocking - Milwall at home and there was moans and murmurs but nothing severe until Millwall scored and after the final whistle. Im annoyed with the players and management at the minute but that doesn't mean i wont support them come matchday, I support Frank and the side. COYR show some fight.

The fans have every right to be frustrated

Frustrated - yes.

act like horseholes - no

18 hours ago, KCG said:

I listen to them quite often and I don't find them to be overly negative. I just feel some of our fans want to believe "we are the greatest football team the world has ever seen", whereas the words probably should be "we will be, one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, the greatest football team the world has ever seen".

I like their commentary and certainly dont think they are too negative. They have been negative the last few games because we have been absolute garbage. Not exactly a lot for them to be positive about.

9 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

Well that’s fair enough, I just dislike catch-all statements, especially one which is diametrically opposite to what my own opinion was.

I was aware that many were excited by Lampard’s appointment. At the time I wondered what they were so excited about, and Lampard has done nothing to change my mind. I’m certainly not in the camp who thinks he is the right man to rebuild a side losing so many in the summer, but I hope he proves me very wrong.

Entirely reasonable opinion with you having not backed his appointment initially (I was quite vocal that I wanted Dean Smith in)

My exasperation is with those who were so enthusiastic about him last summer & up until Christmas but are now backtracking because we've lost 4 games in a row. It comes across as horribly kneejerk.

10 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

My exasperation is with those who were so enthusiastic about him last summer & up until Christmas but are now backtracking because we've lost 4 games in a row. It comes across as horribly kneejerk.

Last summer there was nothing to base our enthusiasm on but it's a new start, and Mel's picked his man so off we go. Now there are things to base an opinion on I see no problem with fans changing their opinion. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Last summer there was nothing to base our enthusiasm on but it's a new start, and Mel's picked his man so off we go. Now there are things to base an opinion on I see no problem with fans changing their opinion. 

I’m sorry but the fans should not be already changing opinion on Frank. 

He is doing ok. 

7th  is not to be sniffed at this season .

We have a good run in now so let’s see where Frank and the team take us. 

Archived