Sign in to follow this  
Vienna

Our fans

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No problem. It's just our manager either is good or isn't, and keep him or not because of that.

give it a rest Roy you are boring all of us with your rubbish, Frank needs time, so please judge him, this time next year.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course I'd admit it. But I was far too young then to think such things.

But if you think FL is in a similar position to BC then I'm impressed with your clairvoyance.

So some things never change, you never think about anything then, any manager needs a bit of time, this is Franks first season, give him time, THINK about it for once.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

So some things never change, you never think about anything then, any manager needs a bit of time, this is Franks first season, give him time, THINK about it for once.

I've seen much better teams and worse ones .  However this is too big a club for someone to drive with L plates .  He can do it or he can't .  At the moment he can't as this week he has behaved like a truculent child moaning at outside influences and not even  bothering to clap the fans who were dealt a giant dollop of poo today . The next few games will be defining .

3 hours ago, Squid said:

I suppose stuck in the championship for 12 years don’t help. I think only soon to be relegated Ipswich have been stuck in this division longer! 

Ipswich currently have been in the division the longest (since 2002/03) but they look like they’re going to get relegated so that record will probably go. Us & Forest have been in the division second longest amount of time (since 2008/09).

Fans will always be fans & moan when we lose & feel optimistic when we win a few. I dont even think as fans we are that bad. Look at the big clubs Arsenal TV & goldbridge ... far more critical 

What could improve is the likes of Radio Derby. They help breed the negitivity. Even when we’ve been in good form its 0-0 & its an even game they whinge & report like we are being pumped. 

Some of the clubs own media the pre & post match interviews are negitive. I genuinely believe positivity breeds positivity & negativity likewise. 

These media outlets might not soely inflence fans decisions but they certainly make the current mood worse. Its no wonder we lose the feel good factor after a few defeats. They have the power to carry on the feel good factor be a bit more positive you never know it might rub off on the fans & team.  

Question - if things do not improve for the rest of the season,  Frank cannot arrest the slide in form  the atmosphere deteriorates further etc

Anyone think he might walk? He surely doesn't look as if he is relishing work at present.

I can only speak for our section of the crowd but other than general dismay at Evans’ performance, there was mostly gallows humour.

Having been fleeced for £6 to park in a council estate and £2 to drink in a tent, yesterday’s performance capped a super day. The 17 mile run I did before I left for the game was less painful.

33 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Question - if things do not improve for the rest of the season,  Frank cannot arrest the slide in form  the atmosphere deteriorates further etc

Anyone think he might walk? He surely doesn't look as if he is relishing work at present.

Of course he is not relishing it at present no manager does when they are in a run like this even the great one's are grumpy in interviews when things are not going their way.He is working hard with his staff to turn it around trying different things no doubt taking advice from his previous managers....you have to give him time he is learning and to get better he will learn more in a slump like this than when things are going well.

No he will not walk in his career he never backed out of anything and I do not see the faintest indication that he will do so now.

11 hours ago, Vienna said:

Do we have the worst fans in England? Select a player and destroy as soon as possible - yes today Evans was poor, but the morons around me today seemed intent on destroying any confidence he may have started with, as previously with Butterfield, Johnson, Keogh to name but a few.

Likewise let’s change our manager again - that will help, not!!

For f***’s sake support the team or go and support Forest.

P.S we were rubbish today!!

I was there and I didn’t hear anything said against Evans during the game but I have to say he is dreadful and hasn’t had a single positive moment from what I have seen and I am not picking on him, he is one of those who will never make us better 

Its certainly not just our fans. Look at Arsenal tv thing. 

I remember standing on the kop at Liverpool years ago. The Liverpool of Barnes, Beardsley, Whelan etc winning everything in sight. They were 4-0 up v Luton and their fans were moaning a bucketful about Barry Venison. 

Id quite like to be 4-0 up and champions of everything. 

I think we should wrap it up. Disband and sell the land off at Pride park. It's prime building land mi owd. Then wi money divvy it up ta everyone who has ever had a season ticket. 

5 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Ipswich currently have been in the division the longest (since 2002/03) but they look like they’re going to get relegated so that record will probably go. Us & Forest have been in the division second longest amount of time (since 2008/09).

At least we came down from the Premier League and not up from League 1 to start this run. Isn't Ipswich the record holder outright as well - as in no-one else has ever been in the league for that many seasons in a row before. We are only 4-5 years away from setting our own records again if we don't go up and Ipswich go down this year.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No problem. It's just our manager either is good or isn't, and keep him or not because of that.

Spectacularly missing the point. The key criteria to enable you to make a proper judgement on that is time.

You were one of the most vocal posters in support of Lampard's appointment (I wasn't in favour & said so openly at the time). It is totally irresponsible to agitate for a managerial novice to join the club & then turn on him after 30 odd games. 

I don't know what you do for a living but were you totally up to speed with your chosen career after 8 months? How about if you'd had a crowd of people openly analysing & criticising every move you made? Football management is no different. He needs support & time to make mistakes - yesterday's line up was a mistake but I bet he'll never play that midfield again.

Norwich & Sheffield Utd have benefitted from patiently backing their manager. Brighton did the same with Hughton, Burnley the same with Dyche. We change manager at least annually & have not progressed one bit since 2014. The evidence is staring you in the face.

Edited by LeedsCityRam