Our fans

Vienna

11 hours ago, Vienna said:

Do we have the worst fans in England? Select a player and destroy as soon as possible - yes today Evans was poor, but the morons around me today seemed intent on destroying any confidence he may have started with, as previously with Butterfield, Johnson, Keogh to name but a few.

Likewise let’s change our manager again - that will help, not!!

For f***’s sake support the team or go and support Forest.

P.S we were rubbish today!!

I was there and I didn’t hear anything said against Evans during the game but I have to say he is dreadful and hasn’t had a single positive moment from what I have seen and I am not picking on him, he is one of those who will never make us better 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its certainly not just our fans. Look at Arsenal tv thing. 

I remember standing on the kop at Liverpool years ago. The Liverpool of Barnes, Beardsley, Whelan etc winning everything in sight. They were 4-0 up v Luton and their fans were moaning a bucketful about Barry Venison. 

Id quite like to be 4-0 up and champions of everything. 

5 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Ipswich currently have been in the division the longest (since 2002/03) but they look like they’re going to get relegated so that record will probably go. Us & Forest have been in the division second longest amount of time (since 2008/09).

At least we came down from the Premier League and not up from League 1 to start this run. Isn't Ipswich the record holder outright as well - as in no-one else has ever been in the league for that many seasons in a row before. We are only 4-5 years away from setting our own records again if we don't go up and Ipswich go down this year.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No problem. It's just our manager either is good or isn't, and keep him or not because of that.

Spectacularly missing the point. The key criteria to enable you to make a proper judgement on that is time.

You were one of the most vocal posters in support of Lampard's appointment (I wasn't in favour & said so openly at the time). It is totally irresponsible to agitate for a managerial novice to join the club & then turn on him after 30 odd games. 

I don't know what you do for a living but were you totally up to speed with your chosen career after 8 months? How about if you'd had a crowd of people openly analysing & criticising every move you made? Football management is no different. He needs support & time to make mistakes - yesterday's line up was a mistake but I bet he'll never play that midfield again.

Norwich & Sheffield Utd have benefitted from patiently backing their manager. Brighton did the same with Hughton, Burnley the same with Dyche. We change manager at least annually & have not progressed one bit since 2014. The evidence is staring you in the face.

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Norwich & Sheffield Utd have benefitted from patiently backing their manager. Brighton did the same with Hughton, Burnley the same with Dyche. We change manager at least annually & have not progressed one bit since 2014. The evidence is staring you in the face.

Watford,  Wolves and Leeds especially have had similar managerial turnovers with one an established Premiership team, one likely to finish in the top half of the Premiership this season whilst the other likely to finish in the Top 2 and get automatic promotion to the Premiership.

Not sure what your point is

The atmosphere has turned toxic pretty quickly.

fans go overboard when we win or lose. And the negativity on the radio is a contributory factor in manipulating the public mood. Its easy when we're winning. Its like a creche when we lose.

the second half of the season is generally tougher than the first. According to our fans its because of the attitude of players. Rubbish. Its not even the same players. No team stays in peak form throughout the whole season, and its generally easier to play in the optimistic early months than in the bitter winter. 

The toxic atmosphere created on the terrace by a combination of abject stupidity, alchohol, and aggression isn't going to help. And fuelling that negativity and immature sense of grievance and betrayal by giving maximum exposure to after match texts and tweets is just lazy journalism and an easy way to fill the void of excessive airtime. screaming abuse at our own players and management is apparently justified because we're mad that we lost

Grumbles  and moans are one thing. Raging abuse is something else.

P.s. And then to complain that frank didn't acknowledge the fans LOL. You babies,  what do you really expect?

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Watford,  Wolves and Leeds especially have had similar managerial turnovers with one an established Premiership team, one likely to finish in the top half of the Premiership this season whilst the other likely to finish in the Top 2 and get automatic promotion to the Premiership.

Not sure what your point is

My point is pretty clear - clubs that stick with managers tend to do better overall than clubs that do not.

Yes there are exceptions - you've named 3 there but they are exceptions. Wolves spent an eye-watering amount of money last year in clear breach of FFP regulations - they were lucky that the quality they brought in gelled immediately, they would be risking sanction & likely numerous managerial changes had it not worked. They have also benefitted from hiring an experienced manager who has coached at a higher level - this also applies to Leeds. Watford benefitted disproportionately from their ownership structure which enabled talented players from Granada & Udinese to get loaned to their club that no-one else had access to. That loophole is now closed incidentally.

You may deduce from that last paragraph that a manager of proven quality is what we lack. Perhaps it is but as a fanbase, we wanted Frank - we therefore should stick with him.

14 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

My point is pretty clear - clubs that stick with managers tend to do better overall than clubs that do not.

Yes there are exceptions 

I put it out there as I understood what you're argument was and was merely pointing out that this isn't a truism and a very simplistic statement that ALL clubs who stick with their manager have success.

So you guarantee that sticking with Lampard will guarantee us success? Of course you don't and you can't.

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Fans will always be fans & moan when we lose & feel optimistic when we win a few. I dont even think as fans we are that bad. Look at the big clubs Arsenal TV & goldbridge ... far more critical 

What could improve is the likes of Radio Derby. They help breed the negitivity. Even when we’ve been in good form its 0-0 & its an even game they whinge & report like we are being pumped. 

Some of the clubs own media the pre & post match interviews are negitive. I genuinely believe positivity breeds positivity & negativity likewise. 

These media outlets might not soely inflence fans decisions but they certainly make the current mood worse. Its no wonder we lose the feel good factor after a few defeats. They have the power to carry on the feel good factor be a bit more positive you never know it might rub off on the fans & team.  

Each to their own. Personally I find propaganda type reporting to be insulting to watch. To the point I can't. Guess it is just a life thing as I'd rather hear an actual appraisal of a situation, a spin is a spin in any way and not worth the time of day. Watching RamsTV after a spanking is something I couldn't risk ,not because I want to see a roasting given to FL but the guaranteed lack of objectivity and resulting cringe factor is too high! 

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I put it out there as I understood what you're argument was and was merely pointing out that this isn't a truism and a very simplistic statement that ALL clubs who stick with their manager have success.

So you guarantee that sticking with Lampard will guarantee us success? Of course you don't and you can't.

Can you point me to the bit where I said all clubs who stick with their manager have success?

8 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Each to their own. Personally I find propaganda type reporting to be insulting to watch. To the point I can't. Guess it is just a life thing as I'd rather hear an actual appraisal of a situation, a spin is a spin in any way and not worth the time of day. Watching RamsTV after a spanking is something I couldn't risk ,not because I want to see a roasting given to FL but the guaranteed lack of objectivity and resulting cringe factor is too high! 

Im not after them to lie & spin something positive but they are just very negative. We play alright & they are quick to whinge it breeds the negivity. They completely overreact & need to realise they are watching a Championship club not Real Madrid. 

Addotionally some fans are getting annoyed at the Lampard- Chelsea link but there is a chelsea related question in pretty much pre match press conference. This week it was the Kepa incident. He must be getting sick of it. He’s here to do a job at Derby not comment on Chelsea but they ask him everyweek about them. 

I agree they are cringe to watch 

Every football Club is the same. Your always going to have supporters that are happy whatever the result and would never boo. These are probably the supporters that don’t let it ruin their weekend, week or month when we lose or play badly. And then you have supporters who take it perhaps way too seriously and take things to heart because the club aren’t performing how they want it to. 

I would think that Frank would know this from the clubs that he’s played at already and especially his time at West Ham. 

I’m not sure the suppprters can take full responsibility for the results in the past few weeks. 

Just a question. I don’t listen to Radio Derby, so I am not sure about the content.. However what would you expect their commentary to contain during the game yesterday? 

All positivity, happy clapper crap? Or comments on what they are witnessing in front of their eyes? If something is poo,then there is no point in them saying it’s great. They are not connected to the club, so I would expect an impartial view. I am sure they big us up when we play well. 

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Just a question. I don’t listen to Radio Derby, so I am not sure about the content.. However what would you expect their commentary to contain during the game yesterday? 

All positivity, happy clapper crap? Or comments on what they are witnessing in front of their eyes? If something is poo,then there is no point in them saying it’s great. They are not connected to the club, so I would expect an impartial view. I am sure they big us up when we play well. 

I want a them to describe whats happening and then defer to the expert for a brief opinion or insight. 90% observation, 10% opinion.

what we get is the absolute opposite. 90% opinion and 10% observation. 

I am genuinely not interested in ed dawes' opinion on anything. I just want him to describe what is happening. Throughout the match i had to listen to his opinion on the team selection, the lack of a centre half, the failure to recruit in january, the performance of the referee, the usual anti-keogh stuff, one gem - how brilliantly billy davies recruited in the january window LOL - the choice of substitute etc etc etc. all of which was his opinion as a fan and nothing more. At one point the commentary was " look at that, thats awful!" . Look at what you stupid cretin??

immediately after the Lampard interview Ed waded in again with his snidey comments. Radio Derby really needs to get a grip of it. Its as bad now as it ever has been.

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Spectacularly missing the point. The key criteria to enable you to make a proper judgement on that is time.

You were one of the most vocal posters in support of Lampard's appointment (I wasn't in favour & said so openly at the time). It is totally irresponsible to agitate for a managerial novice to join the club & then turn on him after 30 odd games. 

Time? So if we plummet down the league from now to the end of the season you'll still be advocating give him next season?

I've no problem admitting I was for appointing Frank and I've no problem admitting I'm now not so impressed with his signings nor his management. Of course it might get better and it might not.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Time? So if we plummet down the league from now to the end of the season you'll still be advocating give him next season?

I've no problem admitting I was for appointing Frank and I've no problem admitting I'm now not so impressed with his signings nor his management. Of course it might get better and it might not.

Yes, I would. In your second sentence you say yourself that it might get better so there's still some belief he could get it right. Why take the chance of bombing him out now when we could be a very different prospect in October/November? Its not like we're going down or were seriously looking at going up - why not see what happens?

I would say that you should only be sacking a manager if they have clearly demonstrated they are incapable of managing & getting the best out of a football team. In this instance, that would only apply if we were in & around the bottom 6 - not in the position we have been in practically every year in March.

I don't think we'll ever agree on this but I have no idea why you think its appropriate for the club to be getting rid of managers every few months - just because we've hit a bad run of form. 

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes, I would. In your second sentence you say yourself that it might get better so there's still some belief he could get it right. Why take the chance of bombing him out now when we could be a very different prospect in October/November? Its not like we're going down or were seriously looking at going up - why not see what happens?

Because I think the players no longer look like they believe in him. You could see similar with Snake at the end of last season. So currently there is still chance to get into the top 6, an experienced manager coming in now might make the most of the opportunity, not convinced Frank will. But it's not down to me, in case you'd not noticed. ?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I want a them to describe whats happening and then defer to the expert for a brief opinion or insight. 90% observation, 10% opinion.

what we get is the absolute opposite. 90% opinion and 10% observation. 

I am genuinely not interested in ed dawes' opinion on anything. I just want him to describe what is happening. Throughout the match i had to listen to his opinion on the team selection, the lack of a centre half, the failure to recruit in january, the performance of the referee, the usual anti-keogh stuff, one gem - how brilliantly billy davies recruited in the january window LOL - the choice of substitute etc etc etc. all of which was his opinion as a fan and nothing more. At one point the commentary was " look at that, thats awful!" . Look at what you stupid cretin??

immediately after the Lampard interview Ed waded in again with his snidey comments. Radio Derby really needs to get a grip of it. Its as bad now as it ever has been.

Okay, like I said I don’t listen.. I guess they get mixed up with what a commentator does (your 90% observation) and pundit (your 90% opinion)..

Does Ed Dawes do the match commentary or act as a pundit with someone else commentating?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because I think the players no longer look like they believe in him. You could see similar with Snake at the end of last season. So currently there is still chance to get into the top 6, an experienced manager coming in now might make the most of the opportunity, not convinced Frank will. But it's not down to me, in case you'd not noticed. ?

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion Roy. And in Rowett's case, we had a very late season surge to make the playoffs.

If you think we have a squad capable of getting up, I'm going to have strongly disagree. Lampard has improved it (with deadwood to leave in the summer) but I see no evidence an experienced manager could come in & dramatically change our results. There's a lot of work still to be done on the playing side - its not a Clough > McClaren situation.

Archived