Our fans

Vienna

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Sorry Roy, gonna have to bodyswerve this, you’re getting right on my pip lately, don’t mean to be rude but it’s how it is. 

No problem. It's just our manager either is good or isn't, and keep him or not because of that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Us finishing 7th to 14th this season wouldn't mean next season is a write off. Maybe we need a mid table season to lower expectations the next season. In some ways Lampard is a victim of the good cup performances and early league form. We had that great run of Mac2, had that form been spread across more games, he may not have gone. And perhaps we need to let a manager go through this blip and have the next season to see if they can't find a way through.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Which of the managers we've ditched have had success after us then?

But Roy Mel chose those managers, and gave them the money to spend, we need to stay with a manager, and let them shape the squad for the next 2 years at least, we need to give someone time, or we will keep going round in circles for years, this year should be a free hit for Frank, rememember when Clough  senior finished lower than the manager before him, but the season after he took us up, remember Fergerson at United a very poor first season, but then the rest is history, so it's time to give Frank time, to build something. Was you calling for Clough senior to be sacked all them years ago, don't answear that you probably was, but you would never admit that anyway.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Was you calling for Clough senior to be sacked all them years ago, don't answear that you probably was, but you would never admit that anyway.

Of course I'd admit it. But I was far too young then to think such things.

But if you think FL is in a similar position to BC then I'm impressed with your clairvoyance.

We have not got the personnel in the squad to be doing much better than we are now. This is to a degree down to Frank, but also just down to time.

I am ok to be patient and hope with another transfer window and a year under his belt, we can be next seasons Norwich/Leeds/Sheffield UTD*

(Not saying the recent performances are anything but turd, just looking over whole season).

*Whoever ends up winning the league.

We have to accept where we presently are as a club, dispite  the ambitions of the club and spending in recent years. We are at present nothing but a good championship club with some good players and a rookie manager with a financially  sound footing and excellent facilities.This is where we are and hopefully we will continue to build upon it with further backing by Mel ,continual development of the squad and the lessons learnt by Frank and his coaching team.

We aren't in a position to splash the cash at the moment, Frank hopefully is learning a lot about his team and about being a manager.We have come to expect nothing less than the play offs in recent years which is more than most in this league have achieved as consistently as us. Hopefully we can build on this season giving Frank the opportunity to further develop the team and have some finances made available to him during the summer. There's no quick fix today or next week and we have to take all the positives from what may be considered a disappointing season by some.

Positives

A lot of players out of contract this season enabling Frank to build his own team, reduce squad size and possibly some hefty wages.?

Blooded a few academy players this year.

Some promising signings by Frank with Waghorn ,Marriott.

Frank has attracted a lot of positive PR  to the club.

Let's keep our faith,tolerate our disappointments and be thankful for  the potential for us to become successful with good management ,ownership and a little luck .

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course I'd admit it. But I was far too young then to think such things.

But if you think FL is in a similar position to BC then I'm impressed with your clairvoyance.

So some things never change, you never think about anything then, any manager needs a bit of time, this is Franks first season, give him time, THINK about it for once.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

So some things never change, you never think about anything then, any manager needs a bit of time, this is Franks first season, give him time, THINK about it for once.

I've seen much better teams and worse ones .  However this is too big a club for someone to drive with L plates .  He can do it or he can't .  At the moment he can't as this week he has behaved like a truculent child moaning at outside influences and not even  bothering to clap the fans who were dealt a giant dollop of poo today . The next few games will be defining .

3 hours ago, Squid said:

I suppose stuck in the championship for 12 years don’t help. I think only soon to be relegated Ipswich have been stuck in this division longer! 

Ipswich currently have been in the division the longest (since 2002/03) but they look like they’re going to get relegated so that record will probably go. Us & Forest have been in the division second longest amount of time (since 2008/09).

Fans will always be fans & moan when we lose & feel optimistic when we win a few. I dont even think as fans we are that bad. Look at the big clubs Arsenal TV & goldbridge ... far more critical 

What could improve is the likes of Radio Derby. They help breed the negitivity. Even when we’ve been in good form its 0-0 & its an even game they whinge & report like we are being pumped. 

Some of the clubs own media the pre & post match interviews are negitive. I genuinely believe positivity breeds positivity & negativity likewise. 

These media outlets might not soely inflence fans decisions but they certainly make the current mood worse. Its no wonder we lose the feel good factor after a few defeats. They have the power to carry on the feel good factor be a bit more positive you never know it might rub off on the fans & team.  

I can only speak for our section of the crowd but other than general dismay at Evans’ performance, there was mostly gallows humour.

Having been fleeced for £6 to park in a council estate and £2 to drink in a tent, yesterday’s performance capped a super day. The 17 mile run I did before I left for the game was less painful.

33 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Question - if things do not improve for the rest of the season,  Frank cannot arrest the slide in form  the atmosphere deteriorates further etc

Anyone think he might walk? He surely doesn't look as if he is relishing work at present.

Of course he is not relishing it at present no manager does when they are in a run like this even the great one's are grumpy in interviews when things are not going their way.He is working hard with his staff to turn it around trying different things no doubt taking advice from his previous managers....you have to give him time he is learning and to get better he will learn more in a slump like this than when things are going well.

No he will not walk in his career he never backed out of anything and I do not see the faintest indication that he will do so now.

Archived