Our fans

Vienna

Do we have the worst fans in England? Select a player and destroy as soon as possible - yes today Evans was poor, but the morons around me today seemed intent on destroying any confidence he may have started with, as previously with Butterfield, Johnson, Keogh to name but a few.

Likewise let’s change our manager again - that will help, not!!

For f***’s sake support the team or go and support Forest.

P.S we were rubbish today!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. Pretty sure all clubs have a section which single out certain players for blame and abuse. We generally don’t hear about theirs, they generally don’t hear about ours.

Emotions run high and people get peed off. Same people will probably be cheering them on at kick off next game.

The team has got to give us something to shout about though, hasn’t it. 

You miss my point - absolutely accept we were very poor today, outclassed with not one player deserving of credit but if you don’t turn up (having spent good money to do so) and support the team why, out of genuine interest, do you bother?

not blaming fans for the performance - that sits 100% with the players and the manager, but why do fans turn up if ONLY to criticise virtually from the start?

1 minute ago, Vienna said:

You miss my point - absolutely accept we were very poor today, outclassed with not one player deserving of credit but if you don’t turn up (having spent good money to do so) and support the team why, out of genuine interest, do you bother?

not blaming fans for the performance - that sits 100% with the players and the manager, but why do fans turn up if ONLY to criticise virtually from the start?

You tell me. Maybe they think that because they've paid good money to go and watch their team then witness a spineless capitulation they might want to say a few things on the matter.

2 minutes ago, Vienna said:

Villa were all over us from the start and we conceded in the 9th minute. We conceded in the first minute against Forest. Can't say i blame fans who went to either of those games if they want to criticise the team from the start.

3 minutes ago, Vienna said:

So on the flip side of that, the players get paid good money but they haven’t turned up for the past 6 games. I’m not sure what is worse, having to pay to watch Derby or being paid to play for Derby. 

I don’t think many supporters would have been happy leaving Villa Park today but some people think they should still be starting ‘The Bounce’ and singing Lampards name. If they don’t, they aren’t supporting their team so why bother turning up. 

Obviously abuse that's directed in a specific or targeted way for reasons other than performance/effort etc is always wrong.

I think nowadays, the love for football is still the same and we still go because we support Derby and enjoy supporting the team. However, with the modern day comes obscene amounts of money, big fat contracts and the ability to see the players indulge in what mere mortals can only dream of due to social media presence everywhere. While of course their not going to refuse the perks of being footballers and all the advantages that come with it, life and finances for the average fan can be (and is for the majority) polar opposite to that. So now, when the team seem to fold and capitulate year after year and the fans know they've still got multiple years on their contracts and a big mansion to go home to, while there is no honesty and apologies for the performances +  no apparent effort to improve apart from verbally in interviews, it has started to create a bit of a divide which I can only see widening with more time. 

Saying all that, when we put in a hard working performance and all is well, we conveniently forget any aggro we have, it's just that when the going gets tough, we know nothing much changes for them and so sometimes what is the incentive? 

(Super negative post, apologies, what a poo day)

Nope, no bounce and don’t know whether Lampard will turn out to be a good manager or not, but surely if we’ve learnt nothing else over the past few years one thing we should understand is that constantly changing the manager leads only to failure

4 minutes ago, Vienna said:

...but surely if we’ve learnt nothing else over the past few years one thing we should understand is that constantly changing the manager leads only to failure

Which of the managers we've ditched have had success after us then?

6 minutes ago, Vienna said:

Nope, no bounce and don’t know whether Lampard will turn out to be a good manager or not, but surely if we’ve learnt nothing else over the past few years one thing we should understand is that constantly changing the manager leads only to failure

I would say we have learned that constantly wasting vast sums in terms of transfer fees and wages on mediocre players that add nothing to the team and  getting fans expectations high by giving the billy big balls talk of promotion is our aim every season, and then putting in piss poor performances at the business end each year leads to failure. It's a BS excuse to attribute our failings to manager change, look at Leeds and Watford as prime examples of that, we are where we are becuase we have wasted loads of money on bang average players instead of buying astutely like Norwich and Sheffield united have done.

16 minutes ago, Vienna said:

It’s worked out ok for Leeds in the end.

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Norwich finished 14th and Sheffield United 10th last season, neither changed their manager. Might be something in this sticking with your manager malarkey after all. 

2 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Norwich City and Sheffield Utd were inconsistent teams last year and finished 14th and 10th respectively.

Tough time at the mo. but keep the faith and pray to the footballing gods and maybe next year with Lampard it could finally be “our turn”.

What about the rest of the division that kept their manager?

Archived