I wish Lampard were more like McVay

Bob The Badger

Talking of tweets. We can sit her and argue the rights and wrongs of players and managers social media usage but they do use it, and your comments are seen.

To see Jody reply to one Derby fan that has sent positive tweets to him is great to see, clearly they were appreciated.

Now I know the arguments of they should just take it on the chin or the money they are paid they should be able to take criticism, problem is it’s not always just constructive criticism, it borders on abusive. How is that right?

Regardless of our views on the management team, I’m sure we all agree that we would like to see whoever is in charge do well. 

Games like yesterday are extremely tough to take, so going to tweet at least you tried lads wouldn’t be expected, but that doesn’t mean you should send them negative or abusive tweets instead.

Clearly this gets fed back to Frank as well who has spoken of the negativity recently, we have to be better than this, both are new to the jobs and need our support, even if you don’t agree with the team as the alternative helps nobody.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Give me someone on Lampard level.

Most of the players who have become managers, who were big during Lampard's time, have done pretty poorly.

Neville (Valencia), Henry (Monaco), Shearer (Newcastle).

Gerrard is doing alright at Rangers. It's not pretty to watch but it never usually is in Scotland.

Jury out on Scholes, Campbell and indeed Lampard.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Most of the players who have become managers, who were big during Lampard's time, have done pretty poorly.

Neville (Valencia), Henry (Monaco), Shearer (Newcastle).

Gerrard is doing alright at Rangers. It's not pretty to watch but it never usually is in Scotland.

Jury out on Scholes, Campbell and indeed Lampard.

Even if the odds are not stacked in his favour, Lampard could be one the minority that make it. 

Shearer, he came in when Newcastle were in it deep and managed just 8 games, you have to factor in the wrong place, wrong time, likewise with Henry where Monaco were also in trouble.

Players taking jobs at clubs in trouble through desperation to get into management can and has ruined careers before they’ve even started. Scott Parker another that will need a miracle keeping Fulham up which will see a mark on his CV.

You’re always going to get fans saying they should be starting at clubs further down the leagues, why us, but do you think Pep Guardiola would get Grimsby up? Would Mourinho have done the job Allaradyce did at Bolton?

The game needs managers, be it ex players or never actually played like Julian Nagelsmann, they have to get a chance somewhere.

I think (hope) we can all agree @David that going after players on social media is pretty despicable and will never have a beneficial outcome.

It's even worse when people hide behind a fake identity, or just don't have one. 

Oops that's me because I think I should confess that I'm actually not a real badger. Nor is my name Bob.

Sadly, SM allows morons and cowards to think they're smart and brave.

Having said that, it was scummy the way Carson was confronted after a night out a while back, so it's not confined to the online world.

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It's even worse when people hide behind a fake identity, or just don't have one. 

Oops that's me because I think I should confess that I'm actually not a real badger. Nor is my name Bob.

I feel like a kid that’s just been told Santa isn’t real, like I should have known a bloke would never fit down the chimney, I did know, but I tried to ignore it so not to ruin the Snowman on Xmas Eve.

I wanted to believe you were a badger even though a badger would never be able operate a computer. You’ve just ruined my March.

2 hours ago, Duracell said:

Are we implying that creating a tweet of 280 characters becomes a serious distraction from a career? 

If so, how much has @Bob The Badger's career suffered this week due to the 2000+ characters that went into the original post?

No, we're not. Go and read all 7 volumes including the appendices again. And don't scan it this time, you're not a journalist. 

Terribly. I filed for Chaper 11 yesterday citing this board as the reason.

Archived