In July, would you have taken...

ariotofmyown

As contract renewals have fallen, the managerial decision at the end of this season is pivotal, because the incumbent will have an enforced clear out.

I wonder if conversations have already started between mel and Frank as to what the plans are......and even mel's thinking about what manager might have the best chance of success......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Turning up is good, but we must get behind the team at all times

9 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

I think the point is fans can help make the home form 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Chanting "We're ducking poo" is not getting behind the team. 

Support was better in last 25 minutes yesterday when about 1,500 had left.

Were we not behind them at Ipswich? Brighton? (Could hear you all game) Forest? At the start vs Villa? When did it turn toxic? When the multi millionaires threw the towel in 30 minutes into a 90 minute game of football against another team in a shocking run of form?

I've not heard anything bad at home. There's the usual grumble of discontent if were being held at HT by a poor team (as is the same for the whole country). Hull was really good. We tried to get things going vs Millwall until late on. Always a bit bemused by this stance. Our best season of support (recent years) is our worst ever, in history on the pitch. It's the manager and players, it always will be. 

I don't like to hear chants like that but they're going to happen. Worst run since Clough jnr and if you have a pair of eyes I don't really see how you wouldn't expect a bit of stick going their way. Too easy to fall back on 'oh it's the fans'. 

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

It's a weird statement as a thread title, would you have taken a lower league position and therefore missing out on the playoffs at the start of the season compared to the previous season?

Have we set the bar that low.

I think you're deliberately missing the point. The question is, in July, would you have taken the position we're in now, at the start of March not the end of the season (in terms of points and league position, not recent performances) given yet another change of manager etc?

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Could say the same about you Tommy. 

Always following me about like a lost puppy! ?

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Could say the same about you Tommy. 

Always following me about like a lost puppy! ?

i just find your posts so fascinating

15 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you're deliberately missing the point. The question is, in July, would you have taken the position we're in now, at the start of March not the end of the season (in terms of points and league position, not recent performances) given yet another change of manager etc?

I guess there are quite a few that are troubled by the performances and general direction of the team.  Not sure it is worth discussing this if you want a narrow debate.  Yep I would have been happy with top 10, nope I'm very unhappy with the trajectory of the club

No I wouldn't have took this at the start of the season, top 6 is the minimum expectation for us anything else is failure I'm afraid, at least we are only 3 points off and we can still break back in, we just need to get over this bad run of form, if Lampard can turn us around and win the next 5 or so on the bounce we have a chance of saving ourselves.  This is where Lampard has to prove himself and judgements can be made as to whether he is actually any good or not. 

Archived