In July, would you have taken...

ariotofmyown

11 minutes ago, northantsram said:

I think in a way Frank has been a victim of his earlier sucess. I think 99% if rams fans would have taken this position at this point at the start of the season. 

Injuries have definitely affected us but its clear we have some players not quite up to the required standard and also players with low confidence or declining abilty and energy.

Maybe the "really difficult" pre season and the long cup runs have sapped energy.

We look knackered and out of ideas.

I agree. I’m sure we were in a false position at half way. The squad isn’t talented enough to hold on to a top 3/4 position as far as I’m concerned and it seems that the Top 6 now looks out of reach. It’s not just today, this has been staring us in the face for months. 

Injuries are killing us and the lack of depth outside of the first eleven means we have been up against it since the turn of the year. Yes, we have well known and established payers on the bench but in truth, they are no longer good enough to take us forward. I’ve never expected us to finish in the Top 6 this season. I believe we are at least 3 players short or 6 if you discount the 3 loan players. 

We have not had much luck with recent managers. You could have made a case for Mac 2, Clement, Pearson and Rowett at the time but all have failed to make decent progress. It’s a tough job. Lampard will know that better than anyone at present.

There’s still time to make 6th as it’s up for grabs but you can’t really say that we are in the quid seats. To have any chance, we’d need Mount and Lawrence to return fit and playing their best, plus a revival of 4/5 other players who seem to have lost their way recently. It looks unlikely but you never know. It’s a crazy game.

I’m for keeping Lampard for at least another season. Our appointment record over the last 5 years or so does little to suggest that we would do any better if we tried again. Surely, we need to give someone a chance to build rather than constant dismantling.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It's already interesting but in the same way that drivers rubberneck a road traffic accident happy that it's not them.

I've always thought rubbernecking drivers are morons who can't understand that they are making things worse for everyone

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've always thought rubbernecking drivers are morons who can't understand that they are making things worse for everyone

In the same way that people idly mock the village idiot as they walk past I guess.

My point was this season has been interesting but for all the wrong reasons

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

...3 points off the playoffs at the start of March, with 4 home games on the run coming up against struggling opposition?

If you would have, then get behind the team for the rest of March and help them get back to winning ways. They need our help.

If you wouldn't have taken it our current position, you can still help out and get behind the team. No one has any divine right to get promoted.

If you are @Bris Vegas, then you must still be on cloud 9 after you wrote the season off in the Summer.

In the modified words of the @Manicsheepreachers: "Who's responsible for our Spring wobbles? You fking are!"

We should get behind the team but it's a weird team. Sideways passing at Brighton in the cup in the last minute. No goal threat against Millwall or Forest. Capitulation at Villa. No movement, not looking likely to score. 

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

You might have just read the first line of the thread. I'm not saying everything is great. I'm saying we all have our part to play in getting back on track.

If everyone got right behind the team for the next 4 games, we will bag a good load of points.

If everyone sits back and moans at the first error, we won't get loads of points.

The team need us. Get your heads out of your R'ses. We're in it together.

I'm with you there 100 %. Us as supporters ( supporters being the key word) need to do our part ! 

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

You might have just read the first line of the thread. I'm not saying everything is great. I'm saying we all have our part to play in getting back on track.

If everyone got right behind the team for the next 4 games, we will bag a good load of points.

If everyone sits back and moans at the first error, we won't get loads of points.

The team need us. Get your heads out of your R'ses. We're in it together.

Good on you. We need a mega loud support on tueday night to lift the team

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

presume you are coming up then plymouth?

Due to finance and work commitments no. But I will be going to some other games. I have already commited to the last game of the season, which could be of no importance if we carry on in our current form. But then thats the beauty of being a fan who wants to see your team play. Being 250 miles away from my home town is hard, I envy my younger brother who goes to more games including U23s and youth team matches. And he has already commited for next season and shelled out a big amount of money on a season ticket not knowing whether we are in the Premiership or the championship (thats the support I am referring to when getting behind the team). Just for interest, the last game of the season. I am doing the 500 mile trip, driving and bringing up another Rams fan and 2 Westbrom fans from the west country. The journey back ould be interesting.

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Due to finance and work commitments no. But I will be going to some other games. I have already commited to the last game of the season, which could be of no importance if we carry on in our current form. But then thats the beauty of being a fan who wants to see your team play. Being 250 miles away from my home town is hard, I envy my younger brother who goes to more games including U23s and youth team matches. And he has already commited for next season and shelled out a big amount of money on a season ticket not knowing whether we are in the Premiership or the championship (thats the support I am referring to when getting behind the team). Just for interest, the last game of the season. I am doing the 500 mile trip, driving and bringing up another Rams fan and 2 Westbrom fans from the west country. The journey back ould be interesting.

I envy you living on the west coast . Reckon a few U23 games is worth the sacrifice

I totally get the desire to build patiently and let a manager have time. The results this year from a very young under 23s and the under 18s are a genuine source of comfort, but next year’s first team has very few secure building blocks and that’s a big worry if we’re relying on progression. 

9 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

1k at Ipswich, 2k at Brighton, 2k at Forest, 2.8k at Villa... aye it's the fans not doing their bit. 

Chanting "We're ducking poo" is not getting behind the team. 

Support was better in last 25 minutes yesterday when about 1,500 had left.

Archived