I cant put my finger what gone so wrong

B4ev6is

Just now, lukedcfc said:

I can, we lost mount. Look at villa with and without Grealish, they may even take 6th now he is back. How good was Grealish today, been out injured for months as well. 

But many experts on here said about how overrated he is ffs. The guy oozes quality even if he’s arrogant.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I also feel I am partly to blame just get high hopes for lads and start believeing in them.

I am so sorry guys?

You're an optimist and a battler B4 and i salute you for it.  You are a top fan IMO.

You haven't let anyone down, the team has

i might get mauled for this, but here goes.

Frank didn't do his homework when he took on the job.  Playing ball to feet, short passing, high tempo possession football will not work in this division unless you have the class of players who can pull that off.  This has become very much apparent since injuries to our on loan players.

It's best to mix it up in this division.  High tempo, yes, but mixed passing and forward players running onto ball and pressing when we haven't got it.

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

i might get mauled for this, but here goes.

Frank didn't do his homework when he took on the job.  Playing ball to feet, short passing, high tempo possession football will not work in this division unless you have the class of players who can pull that off.  This has become very much apparent since injuries to our on loan players.

It's best to mix it up in this division.  High tempo, yes, but mixed passing and forward players running onto ball and pressing when we haven't got it.

Doesn't even take a lot of tactical fine tuning. I would be happy to do a Cardiff City for a season to get out of this division. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

If Derby were a race car. 

They have great straight line speed but are slow and clumsy on the corners. We lose a lot of time on pit stops. Most tracks our straight line speed keeps us at the front of the pack.

In a few races we come flying off on the corners. Our pit stops are still terrible. 

So the team put their heads together and come up with a solution.

We need to go slower on the straights but faster on the corners. Do nothing about the pit stops. 

What happens in the next races with this new tactic?

Blimey. Think you have been reading too many reviews of how clever you are. 

And it has gone to your head

Bit like our manager 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

They have great straight line speed but are slow and clumsy on the corners. We lose a lot of time on pit stops. Most tracks our straight line speed keeps us at the front of the pack.

In a few races we come flying off on the corners. Our pit stops are still terrible. 

We need to go slower on the straights but faster on the corners. Do nothing about the pit stops. 

Sorry Alpha, if Derby were a race car we have won a couple of early races, but now into mid season, the engine doesn't even work on the starting line.

5 minutes ago, BobbyD said:
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Blimey. Think you have been reading too many reviews of how clever you are. 

And it has gone to your head

Bit like our manager 

I feel like I should know what you're talking about? 

I've not a clue though

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I think we over analyse sometimes.

Ultimately we’re just not good enough,

We have just got to be good enough to finish in the top 6, then its cup football. Think of Huddersfield 2 seasons ago who lost more games than us, went into the playoffs with a minus goal average and got promotion by not winning a play off in normal or extra time. And if that happened to Derby. I would certainly fancy us in a penalty shoot out.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Bennett is not good enough pal. I have seen him play enough now to know he is not just in a bit of bad form. 

It speaks volumes that he gets into our starting line up.

Looking at that starting X1 today, Bennett and Evans starting were the real surprise for me. Not sure what either have done to merit a starting place....

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Get in TOP GEAR then

From 3 minutes highlights of today; too narrow defensively leaving far too much room down our right, Wisdom didn't play well, the 4th was just a great goal and credit to the strike. Couple of other general points not relating to today; waghorn is not the answer up front, Marriott potentially is given the right service, Holmes is a great signing and could do very well for us as long as he plays inside and not on the wing and we must stop playing out from the back all the time we are far too predictable and that's without watching us train!

7 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

We've blown it mi owds . There's too many other teams who are better than us viaing for sixth spot. 

For the 6

Villa and Wednesday will make it

They are well fired  at the right time

Villa - have  the resources - good midfield and goal Scorers 

Wed -,have experienced Mr Potato Head at the helm and started to get momentum 

Bristol and WBA to drop

The obsession with youth has hurt us. Is Bird ready? Will Bennett make it at this level? Is Holmes good enough to be a starter each week? Is Bogle going to stop making costly mistakes?

in an ideal world I would like to have seen all the above loaned out as I think the answer for all those is no.

seems like plenty of derby fans are desperate to have a break through player when reality is they just currently are not good enough for a play off challenging side.

Archived