I cant put my finger what gone so wrong

B4ev6is

Earlier In the season we were flying playing with so much fire and passion even if left us exsposed but now they seem broken dont want and such a shame they have shown they can compete with very best but right now we are struggling to even shoot at goal but I do feel that likes of max bird is the way forward but maybe frank should took a gamble in january but like my mum says you can bring in to many and spoil things that I think frank was trying to avoid happening.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Injuries aren't helping. Its ripped us apart. 

This has a knock on effect, like Wilson doesn't look as good without mount in the team, Marriott probably back to early from his, Bennett not the same since his.

Lawrence,  no matter what people say improves this team.

Its 2015 over again.

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Earlier In the season we were flying playing with so much fire and passion even if left us exsposed but now they seem broken dont want and such a shame they have shown they can compete with very best but right now we are struggling to even shoot at goal but I do feel that likes of max bird is the way forward but maybe frank should took a gamble in january but like my mum says you can bring in to many and spoil things that I think frank was trying to avoid happening.

Well you got pace and power today, Bird and Bennett.

Bird did ok, Bennett was on the team sheet, but I didn’t see him do anything.

12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

This has a knock on effect, like Wilson doesn't look as good without mount in the team, Marriott probably back to early from his, Bennett not the same since his.

Its 2015 over again.

The difference is that in 2015 we looked a very decent side until we had all the injuries. In my opinion this time we didn't look convincing before the injuries. Everyone is pointing to Mount but he has been poor since Christmas, like a lot of the injured players have been...

If Derby were a race car. 

They have great straight line speed but are slow and clumsy on the corners. We lose a lot of time on pit stops. Most tracks our straight line speed keeps us at the front of the pack.

In a few races we come flying off on the corners. Our pit stops are still terrible. 

So the team put their heads together and come up with a solution.

We need to go slower on the straights but faster on the corners. Do nothing about the pit stops. 

What happens in the next races with this new tactic?

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its 2015 over again.

Exactly this.

When you look back to when we were playing our best football Mount, Wilson, Lawrence and Marriott were all fit and in the team.

You take 4 key players out, 4 which were creating and scoring your goals any team would struggle.

Lampard’s tried a few different systems, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 3 something something I’m still not sure what was v Millwall but nothing appears to be clicking, think we caught a glimpse of his frustration when Marriott was out, asking him to tough it out we need him.

We desperately need the 3 back and provide service to Marriott. Saying that we’ve also got to be careful not to rush them back even with games running out, Mount didn’t look right at all when he came back after his first injury.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The difference is that in 2015 we looked a very decent side until we had all the injuries. In my opinion this time we didn't look convincing before the injuries. Everyone is pointing to Mount but he has been poor since Christmas, like a lot of the injured players have been...

Oh we we're better yes in 2015, but its similar. Had we not had the injuries then we would probably have gone up top. This season play offs would be more certain if it wasn't for them.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I disagree with you on that one before christmas we were playing well looking like pushing for too 2 but now struggling hold on to top 6 now I so much want to see us go up again.

So do i mate.

38 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The only consistent that I can think of is the form of Mount.

When he was playing well then for the most part, so were the team.

When injury hit him his form dipped on recovery and since then he's been injured again.

Look at Villa's form without Grealish. Truly horrible.

34 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its 2015 over again.

Sorry but I'm not buying this. The replacements are more than adequate to see much better than we are watching right now.

If we've put ourselves in a position where our season largely rests upon the fitness of our loan players then we are not planning for the future in any way.

20 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well ramage did say Bennett tried to hold the ball but really nasty knock and struggled to move afterwards.

Bennett is not good enough pal. I have seen him play enough now to know he is not just in a bit of bad form. 

It speaks volumes that he gets into our starting line up.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I disagree with you on that one before christmas we were playing well looking like pushing for too 2 but now struggling hold on to top 6 now I so much want to see us go up again.

We were playing well sometimes and playing like this here and there. 

We stopped doing what we were good at and carried on with what we are bad at. 

We set out to be a hard working pressing side that is always looking to take the game to the opposition. We don't press and we don't take the game to the opponents. 

How we played for 20 mins here and 45 there we now do for 80 mins here and 90 there. 

The same bad habits and poor game management have become more common and the good pressing and "fun" football has gone.

Injuries haven't helped but we've got lazy on our performances. Take Norwich away... in parts we played well and we got a cracking result but the performances was full of the same errors that have plagued our season and we kind of glossed over it. At Norwich away I suppose it's not the end of the world but we've justified our performances with the results. Now our performances are getting what they deserve. 

Really not developed this season. We've broken down bit by bit and yes, to be fair, injury by injury and also constant tinkering

Archived