Takeaways

McRamFan

Takeaways - how often and what type  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the curries taste exactly the same to me. I can hardly tell any difference. I'm generally disappointed in them. Went to Indian Blue in Chesterfield on Friday. The others were raving about it but all three curries looked identical to me.

some are utter rubbish. Overlooked chunks in virulent red or yellow gunk. Honourable mentions here to bengal blues and the continental (belper) and desford tandoori (the worst).

Generally prefer to settle for a chinese from River Garden, Belper.

58 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Most of the curries taste exactly the same to me. I can hardly tell any difference. I'm generally disappointed in them.

Hotter they get the less they taste, they just burn more.

They are a bit like the blokes that wear super tight vests in the gym, look at my biceps grrrrrr, look at me eating this Vindaloo.

We all know they moisturise at night and cried on the toilet.

Just stick with a Tikka I say and wear a t shirt.

29 minutes ago, David said:

They are a bit like the blokes that wear super tight vests in the gym, look at my biceps grrrrrr, look at me eating this Vindaloo.

Haha yeah. Men with massive arms who would run to the mirror if you dapped ‘em on the nose.

The populations who regularly eat curry rarely make it too spicy.

Just a machismo thing like multiple tattoos.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Haha yeah. Men with massive arms who would run to the mirror if you dapped ‘em on the nose.

Just a machismo thing like multiple tattoos.

Have you been to India or Sri Lanka? They eat very spicy food, especially southern India and SL. 

10 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Ooh, I love a chicken madras, Bombay potato, onion bhaji's and m&s mini poppadoms.

Unfortunately Shaan in Tarring Road, Worthing doesn't deliver to Mickleover so I'm bolloxed.

Any suggestions?

Move to Worthing. 

7 hours ago, David said:

Indian guy I used to work with had some good chat(!) on spicy curries. The poor places just stick chillies in towards the end to make it really hot and all the taste is lost by the over-the-top heat. Proper joints put the chilli in early and cook for a long time so you get the mixture of heat and flavour. Makes sense to me...I like hotter curries but the ones that don't start off hot but build over eating. 

And as for Vindaloo, this article is interesting. I made this recipe once too and was gorgeous and not very hot at all https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/feb/08/how-to-cook-the-perfect-vindaloo-recipe

7 hours ago, David said:

Proper sums you up that does.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Massively untrue.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Always recall the one in Matlock Bath being very good .  

The family business moved to Derby and became the Anoki. Other family members took over Matlock Bath.

Well that’s what he told me when I recognised one of the guys working on London Road.

I love to cook but I do look forward to our Chinese every Friday night.

Pizza every couple of months or so but I make them from scratch with Miss Wolfie.

Fish & Chips every 3-4 months or so.

Curry/KFC/McD's every 6 months or so.

Archived