The season is far from over

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

West Brom losing Last night leaves them 9 points ahead of us, we have 2 games in hand.  

We need to turn this blip round and quick, no better time than today (although today really isn't must win).

It just shows a run of say 3 wins on the bounce and we are right back up there with Bristol City and West Brom still to play.

I still have faith, it's just down to Frank and the players to go and get it right.

Problem is, dire performances at this stage of the season are hardly a preamble to promotion. That's not being negative, just realistic. A tanking at Villa could be acceptable as a one off result, but in conjunction with  poor form against Preston, Ipswich, Millwall, Brighton and Forest, it is an indication that we are not really good enough this season and our squad is only strong on paper. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/03/2019 at 17:37, G-Ram said:

Imagine if this lot did fluke promotion & went to somewhere like the Ethiad in this form. Id rather get shown up in this division than the one above 

IF this lot did fluke promotion, then we would improve the squad for the premiership like most other promoted teams do. Having stated that Billy Davies did'nt improve us.

On 2 March 2019 at 17:37, G-Ram said:

Imagine if this lot did fluke promotion & went to somewhere like the Ethiad in this form. Id rather get shown up in this division than the one above 

How many times....it wouldn't be the same team would it...........

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many times....it wouldn't be the same team would it...........

No it wouldnt... last time we went up Seth retired, Lupoli went back & we brought in eddie lewis & started the prem season with a weaker side than when we went up. 

I agree it wouldnt be the same side but arguably our three best players would rejoin their parent clubs, 6 or so players out of contract &  we could be weaker...  nothing to say any replacements would be better or worse or wouldnt improve us.

I just think its better to go up with a decent side that need two or three quality additions rather than a overhaul  

8 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

No it wouldnt... last time we went up Seth retired, Lupoli went back & we brought in eddie lewis & started the prem season with a weaker side than when we went up. 

I agree it wouldnt be the same side but arguably our three best players would rejoin their parent clubs, 6 or so players out of contract &  we could be weaker...  nothing to say any replacements would be better or worse or wouldnt improve us.

I just think its better to go up with a decent side that need two or three quality additions rather than a overhaul  

Unfortunately you can't pick and choose when you go up, not that I think we will. We can't continually think back to the 11 point season....

We've been competitive in all our games against Premier League sides this season. It's important to remember that we're just in very poor form, we're not a poor side, which is key takeaway. 

I said it in another thread, at this moment in time we are by far and away the worst team in the Championship. However, we won't be for long, I hope, despite current showings. 

On 02/03/2019 at 18:37, G-Ram said:

Yep when you think about it in those terms. Villa probably did us a big favour. 

On 02/03/2019 at 18:08, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It just won't work that way .  This league is to tough for that .  We need money to rebuild and we won't have it unless we get further investment .  I strongly believe if we don't get up this year, it's mid table obscurity for the foreseeable if not worse.  

I'm quite prepared to be (politely) shot down as I don't the facts behind the following genuine questions;

How would further investment work with FFP restrictions? I assume if Bill Gates suddenly discovered some Derby link he couldn't just pump millions into financing new players.

Why mid table obscurity? Any idea what sort of money the likes of Bristol City and Sheffield Utd have spent?

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm quite prepared to be (politely) shot down as I don't the facts behind the following genuine questions;

How would further investment work with FFP restrictions? I assume if Bill Gates suddenly discovered some Derby link he couldn't just pump millions into financing new players.

Why mid table obscurity? Any idea what sort of money the likes of Bristol City and Sheffield Utd have spent?

Both have wealthy owners don't they and both spent a bob or two...

Archived