The season is far from over

West Brom losing Last night leaves them 9 points ahead of us, we have 2 games in hand.  

We need to turn this blip round and quick, no better time than today (although today really isn't must win).

It just shows a run of say 3 wins on the bounce and we are right back up there with Bristol City and West Brom still to play.

I still have faith, it's just down to Frank and the players to go and get it right.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be a bif miffed if the season was over today having bought a season ticket, hardly fantastic value for money paying until May but then only getting games until the start of March.

Perhaps you should bring this up to Mel during the upcoming fans forum meeting. 

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Of course the season isn’t over, the point is we aren’t going to do anything playing the way we are. Turn it around and we have every chance, but we need to see things implemented on the pitch not just said in interviews.

Totally agree massive improvement needed although i do see us losing today.

We need Mount and Lawrence back fit to give us the best possible chance,after today 4 massive home games were if we are going to get in the top six we need 12pts from those games,10 as a absolute minimum

The season is not over until the last game is played but for those who still think we are capable of promotion - If we lose today and the other results go against us we will be 9th and I realistically that would be promotion over.

I think a mass clear out is requried in the summer and aebuild is required by FL for a seriuos push next season.

COYR

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

The season is not over until the last game is played but for those who still think we are capable of promotion - If we lose today and the other results go against us we will be 9th and I realistically that would be promotion over.

I think a mass clear out is requried in the summer and aebuild is required by FL for a seriuos push next season.

COYR

Yeah - bring Chrissie Martin back and we can go again.

I think promotion is unlikely even if we make playoffs. I'd be more than happy for us to play like early season and see where we finish!

Mass clear out will happen anyway, loss of the loanees, players out of contract, not sure who we could sell right now anyway.

We are not that bad a team given our position in league but going backwards I feel. Need someone to kick **s and liven them up. Thought Jody was supposed to be the hatchet man in the management structure. 

Mount Bryson and King all out is a massive blow. It can’t be underestimated. To play the way we want to play you need energy in midfield combined with defensive solidity. Leaves Wilson and Holmes potentially to play midfield, they both played in midfield when Villa completely tore us apart at PP earlier in the season.

I think we’ve missed Lawrence also, even if you’re not a fan of his you can’t deny he at least he tries to commit players and have a go, we’ve had no one recently doing that except flo jo.

Marriott still isn’t right and struggling to get service right now.

We could lose today and be back in the top 6 if we beat Wigan (depending on what Bristol do at Preston). We definitely have a chance still this season but we need to start getting players back.

Hopefully we can capitalise on Villas poor form and get a point today - can’t see us winning for the reasons I’ve mentioned. (My predicted victory was before the King and Bryson injuries)

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Imagine if this lot did fluke promotion & went to somewhere like the Ethiad in this form. Id rather get shown up in this division than the one above 

Wouldn’t be the same team would it, a number of loans, players out of contract and a transfer window would see something totally different and to be fair even the best of teams can get rolled over at the Etihad.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Wouldn’t be the same team would it, a number of loans, players out of contract and a transfer window would see something totally different and to be fair even the best of teams can get rolled over at the Etihad.

But would new signings need time to gel & would we start the new season with a worse side than the one that took us up? 

I still have nightmares about when we last mixed it with the big boys ?

id be happy to see us stay down this year .. let all the out of contract players go & hopefully build something a bit more solid for a proper push next year

13 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

But would new signings need time to gel & would we start the new season with a worse side than the one that took us up? 

id be happy to see us stay down this year .. let all the out of contract players go & hopefully build something a bit more solid for a proper push next year

Who knows, but it would take some going to break our own record.

A Premier League seasons TV revenue and parachute payments would give us a better opportunity to build again sen....just been beaten 4-0 in 45 minutes and I’m hear planning on spending Premier League money, have a word David!

Anyhow, all I’m saying is it would be a different team IF it happened. 

8 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

It just won't work that way .  This league is to tough for that .  We need money to rebuild and we won't have it unless we get further investment .  I strongly believe if we don't get up this year, it's mid table obscurity for the foreseeable if not worse.  

9 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I'd be a bif miffed if the season was over today having bought a season ticket, hardly fantastic value for money paying until May but then only getting games until the start of March.

Perhaps you should bring this up to Mel during the upcoming fans forum meeting. 

You haven't had any performances since early Jan mate.....?

Archived