Common things you've never tried!

Rev

Inspired by the food thread, it's occured to me that they're must be commonplace things that everyone else seems to have done, but you have missed out on.

What is everyone else enjoying or doing that you've never tried?

My picks would be Pot Noodles, Pickled Onions and, leaving the food behind, social media/networking sites, apart from this one obviously.

I've never used Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc, not even Friends Reunited.

Anyone else a caveman?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried most things horse meat very nice snails a bit like snot the worst one is chicken bloody horrible four in a bed me wife and two soding dogs ( nothing sexuell with the dog's) just won't bloody move  Facebook not tryed snapshot or any others nott's county in in 1970 when Derby  weren't playing would not let me out of the ground after 10 minutes bloody horrible

2 hours ago, True Ram said:

I've tried most things horse meat very nice snails a bit like snot the worst one is chicken bloody horrible four in a bed me wife and two soding dogs ( nothing sexuell with the dog's) just won't bloody move  Facebook not tryed snapshot or any others nott's county in in 1970 when Derby  weren't playing would not let me out of the ground after 10 minutes bloody horrible

ron burgundy what GIF

Never been on a cruise. Doesn’t matter what people say or how many tv shows I watch about these ‘floating hotels’, just no. Hell is being stuck on a wobbly boat with Hyacinth Bucket types dressing up to dine with the Captain. 

I signed up for FB just so I could join a specific closed group. Otherwise, nothing else on FB, tweety, snapnag, instapic etc. 

Nando's. Alton Towers. Jet skiing. Tailgating. Supporting Man Utd. Cruises. Benidorm. Tucking a replica footy shirt into Primark jeans. Chopped nuts on my dinner. Swinging... or any other dance craze, for that matter!

Hadn’t tried camping until 2012 (aged 49) but now a fully fledged addict. (Typing this in my tent in Shropshire). (Comfy camping with leccy, a fan heater and access to hot showers... not proper camping in the wilds!)

This thread makes me think of my Dad. 80 and still going strong.

He has never tried Chilli, Spagetti Bolognese, Curry, Pizza, Pasta, Rice, indeed anything that he would consider non-English cuisine.  Never tried it, rather than given it a go and said not for me.  Meat and three veg, pie and chips, or a fry-up has got him by this far, and he ain’t for changing. 

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

This thread makes me think of my Dad. 80 and still going strong.

He has never tried Chilli, Spagetti Bolognese, Curry, Pizza, Pasta, Rice, indeed anything that he would consider non-English cuisine.  Never tried it, rather than given it a go and said not for me.  Meat and three veg, pie and chips, or a fry-up has got him by this far, and he ain’t for changing. 

Same here, he won't eat 'foreign stuff', then I told him potatoes originally came from Peru, carrots from Persia, garden peas from the med, chips came from Belguim and meat pies where Greek!

Archived