Fulham get rid of Ranieri

David

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find this managerial merry go round a bit of a farce really. Everyone wants instant success, players not playing for the manager and getting the manager sacked only to start winning again once that manager has gone!What has happened to patience and perseverance? Tbh after the behaviour of Chelsea's goalkeeper when he refused to come off I'm getting disillusioned with behaviour in football.

No surprise if you follow Fulham.  The fans have wanted him gone virtually from the off.  They will be planning for next season in the Championship, and need someone to repair the damage done to relationships with players who were jettisoned to the stiffs after promotion. They bought some expensive non-performers in last summer. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

No surprise if you follow Fulham.  The fans have wanted him gone virtually from the off.  They will be planning for next season in the Championship, and need someone to repair the damage done to relationships with players who were jettisoned to the stiffs after promotion. They bought some expensive non-performers in last summer. 

I heard on SSN that Fulham became the highest spending newly promoted team ( OF ALL TIME) last season. 

All smacks of complete dysfunctional behaviour between owners and managers.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I heard on SSN that Fulham became the highest spending newly promoted team ( OF ALL TIME) last season. 

All smacks of complete dysfunctional behaviour between owners and managers.

Absolutely no problem with the owner spending money. He's incredibly wealthy, in fact one of the richest in both NFL & Premier League - top 4 of both (I believe) - so he's well within his right to spend money and expect a return on investment. Although, he may regret not spending more money at the end of the season. 

They've kept the core of the side that got promoted, so no massive overhaul needed from their point of view. I'm sure they will look to ship some out though, certainly a couple of the guys they signed to play in the EPL. 

Archived