Max Bird and Sibley

MackworthRamIsGod

15 hours ago, Ramet said:

Could not disagree more he wants the youngsters playing more than anyone but he does not pick the team

You have misinterpreted what I was saying , never said he picks the team, but I bet he is telling Frank top 6 is a must have , so typically that drives managers to pick their most experienced side rather than take risks , as it happens he took a risk at villa and it back fired , but not sure the result would have been any different with huddlestone , Johnson and Bryson in midfield but we will never know

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JG400 said:

You have misinterpreted what I was saying , never said he picks the team, but I bet he is telling Frank top 6 is a must have , so typically that drives managers to pick their most experienced side rather than take risks , as it happens he took a risk at villa and it back fired , but not sure the result would have been any different with huddlestone , Johnson and Bryson in midfield but we will never know

Top 6 is a want NOT a must.mel is only to aware of the job that frank is undertaking.i do agree the other players in i also agree would probably not made a difference at this stage as we are just not playing well at the min.

On 02/03/2019 at 20:46, rammieib said:

Bird is 2 years off judging on first team action so far.

He wasn’t even in the worst 50% of that team Saturday, he’s already better than Evans looking at that. I’d be interested to see him in hudds role, tho it’s a big task

I was one of those suggestions Frank tried one or two of the  u23s as it felt like we'd reached the stage of swapping one lot of wretchedly out of form senior pros for another. 

It's obviously high risk in the short term and didn't really come off but at least the lad is getting some credit and maybe able to develop into the 1st team squad next season. 

We need really to try and get a few of our academy players coming through to be able to replace some of the out of contract fringe players. 

15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He wasn’t even in the worst 50% of that team Saturday, he’s already better than Evans looking at that. I’d be interested to see him in hudds role, tho it’s a big task

I agree he was better than Evans (who was just pointless full stop) but we had two of them sitting and neither one of them got remotely close to Hourihane or Grealish.

Take the first goal - Grealish just turned and played a ball over the top - Bird not on him. (I think it was Bird).

We created nothing for the whole game and he was our midfielder in the middle of the pitch. Too much of a left foot, one step too slow for the passes.

What I will say is he had totally inept players around him - everywhere. Only Holmes tried to do something with the ball but that was impossible.

We basically sat with four at the back who didn't attack, two defensive midfielders, a useless FloJo, a useless Bennett so the only chance of anything happening that game was if Holmes and Marriott could have combined.

It actually still makes me angry that Lampard thought that 11 would have achieved something.

On 03/03/2019 at 21:26, Millenniumram said:

well I'm not surprised, as when i googled "George Evans Footballer" it turns out he was born in 1935 and plays wing-half.

So not only is he over 80, but Frank is playing him out of position!!!!

??

52 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

well I'm not surprised, as when i googled "George Evans Footballer" it turns out he was born in 1935 and plays wing-half.

So not only is he over 80, but Frank is playing him out of position!!!!

??

Tbf he moves like he could be that bloke?

On 04/03/2019 at 13:03, rammieib said:

I agree he was better than Evans (who was just pointless full stop) but we had two of them sitting and neither one of them got remotely close to Hourihane or Grealish.

Take the first goal - Grealish just turned and played a ball over the top - Bird not on him. (I think it was Bird).

We created nothing for the whole game and he was our midfielder in the middle of the pitch. Too much of a left foot, one step too slow for the passes.

What I will say is he had totally inept players around him - everywhere. Only Holmes tried to do something with the ball but that was impossible.

We basically sat with four at the back who didn't attack, two defensive midfielders, a useless FloJo, a useless Bennett so the only chance of anything happening that game was if Holmes and Marriott could have combined.

It actually still makes me angry that Lampard thought that 11 would have achieved something.

That first goal was just shocking defending 

one might argue that there wasn’t enough pressure on the ball 

but imo I don’t mind grealish having the ball just a few yards over the halfway line, we had men behind the ball... in theory good shape .. break that down if u can 

turns out though that someone had drove a large hgv between tomori and keogh while they had either passed out unconscious or merely taken a quick nap because both had totally utterly switched off 

can’t blame the midfield for that one , terrible terrible concentration and decision making by our two centre backs 

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:37, NottsRam77 said:

That first goal was just shocking defending 

one might argue that there wasn’t enough pressure on the ball 

but imo I don’t mind grealish having the ball just a few yards over the halfway line, we had men behind the ball... in theory good shape .. break that down if u can 

turns out though that someone had drove a large hgv between tomori and keogh while they had either passed out unconscious or merely taken a quick nap because both had totally utterly switched off 

can’t blame the midfield for that one , terrible terrible concentration and decision making by our two centre backs 

Apart from the fact I don't think Grealish should be able to make that pass unchallenged - I agree the holes at the back were.....big!

Archived