Max Bird and Sibley

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, peachmyster said:

Sorry to disagree but bird is not ready for the first team as per his performance in the Southampton match he reminded me of Connor Doyle 

Don't apologise for disagreeing, it is not necessary. Only apologise for when you write nonsense.

Apology accepted. ?

Would we of signed King if Lampard thought Bird and or Sibley were good enough? I dont think there ready to start games, turning up to Villa park and playing a midfield 3 of Sibley, Bird and Holmes would be madness IMO. Bird was poor v Southampton and U23's football is a lot different to playing against Grealish on a Saturday in front of 40,000 and a sold out away end. rush them in and it goes wrong there confidence would be shot, were 7th is now the right time to tinker that much?

15 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Max Bird did struggle against Southampton but everyone did first half.

But he played against Hull I think it was in the cup last year and he didn't look out of place in the slightest.

To be fair though, Hull in the cup earlier in the season were a different proposition to Villa (or indeed Hull now). Also, if it was the cup game back in August to which you're referring, he seems to have only played the last ten minutes at which time we were already 3:0 up.

I honestly don’t know enough about our youngsters but I can’t help feeling the world is turning properly - it is a natural order of things (or should be) when senior players get injured in numbers and “kids” get a go. This is the moment boys get a chance to become men. Maybe they won’t be good enough, maybe they will, but at a certain point the step has to be made and the risk is part of growing up and developing for both the player and the club.

Get em on the pitch 

On 28/02/2019 at 15:27, Dale The Ram said:

I have said it before and I will say it again but Max Bird is one of the best players I have seen in our academy.

I have not seen him much but every time he is outstanding and could be our new Hughes.

Plus with players looking lethargic and maybe succumbing under pressure why not give 2 young hungry lads a go to see if they can bring us out of this slump?

He looked way off the pace v Southampton; in stark contrast to Will Hughes who ran the game when he made his debut. 

Hopefully neither play. They are sprogs.

I'd rather we had kept timi max elsnik and tried him tbh.

however mitchell lad (as b4 calls him) will surely get a sub appearance soon.

On 28/02/2019 at 16:18, JG400 said:

I suspect that DCFC number one fan may be applying a lot of pressure to get back into the playoffs and therefore long-term planning is replaced with short-term expediency i.e. Bryson and Johnson

Could not disagree more he wants the youngsters playing more than anyone but he does not pick the team

Archived