The Future and Mel Morris

Shaftesbury st

Ive not always agreed with some of mad mel’s decisions eapecially In his early days. He seems to have learnt from his mistakes, taken a step out from endless interviews etc

One thing cant accuse him of is investing. If anything looking back investing too heavily & backing managers too much financially might be his downfall. He’s restricted by FFP and im sure he has the club at heart 

If he is selling though i hope its to some billionaire that puts their own company as the shirt sponsor for £200m like at city thats one way to beat FFP?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So King wasn't a last minute thing then, was signed and sealed 3 weeks before deadline day? Interesting...….

We tried to sign him in the summer. Think he said that in his interview. I imagine this was done early on in the window but were hoping for more outs!

52 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

We tried to sign him in the summer. Think he said that in his interview. I imagine this was done early on in the window but were hoping for more outs!

So not a last minute desperate thing - who did the research on his injury record? 

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If you haven't already done so, watch Sunderland til I Die on Netflix.

Then come back on here and praise Mel Morris for giving us stability and top 10 finishes every season he has been here.

Or on You Tube. Chapter 1, 2, 3 & 4 etc. His accent is cannie, not quite sure about his team selections!

11 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

After another dreadful February and the usual collapse I personally put a lot of this down to a little over achieving with no ability to tweak and readjust in January market.

My question where do we go in the future in terms of our ownership, MM has bank rolled us in the past but seems unwilling now to give the same level of support. Personally I feel maybe he has lost some interest and it is time for someone to take us to the next level with greater financial support, this league is tough and just keeps getting tougher with the financial clout of some teams.

Perhaps Mel is a bit underwhelmed at the clubs progress, having put in a significant slice of his personal wealth. Can't blame the guy if that's the case, but some of his own managerial appointments created this situation by blowing the budget on dross. Don't currently see anyone banging on the door at PP offering a multi million pound investment package. 

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Only going on what the Leicester fans had been saying. What do you think we'll have told Luton?

So the Leicester fans were saying King's ankles are prone to blowing out were they? As regards luton, nothing at all. George had a cruciate three years ago then had his leg snapped in half by one of the worst challenges you'll ever see, so what exactly would you expect us to tell them? 

Archived