"We have got to stick together and keep believing"

RedSox

Whilst this is a quote from Martin Waghorn after the Forest loss, it could have been - and has been - spoken by many of the other players in recent weeks, but wtf difference does it actually make trotting this out to us via the club mouthpiece?? 

It seems to make no difference to the way they go about their business on the pitch.  I'm not saying they aren't putting in a shift, but I get sooo tired of reading these hackneyed and meaningless phrases.  I'd rather they said "We were rubbish and we know we need to do better in key aspects and this is what we are focusing on in the week before Saturday's game."  A bit more honesty and purpose in the rhetoric, please!  The DCFC Press office should offer us a bit more insightful input to give us hope of an improvement. 

Probably just me and my impatience to know a little more of real value.  Rant over. 

At least the other clubs are doing their best to leave the faintest glimpse of potential for a play off place......

COYR!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa are in a right mess at the moment, after that we have four home games on the bounce, all against beatable opposition. There can be no better opportunity to make an imprint on the rest of our season. In five games time the Press Office (which is truly awful btw) can trot out whatever hogwash they want, if we are not at least twelve points the better of today (63 pts) then it's season over and time to be looking to the summer.

21 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Villa are in a right mess at the moment, after that we have four home games on the bounce, all against beatable opposition. There can be no better opportunity to make an imprint on the rest of our season. In five games time the Press Office (which is truly awful btw) can trot out whatever hogwash they want, if we are not at least twelve points the better of today (63 pts) then it's season over and time to be looking to the summer.

Millwall? Ipswich? all beatable according to some.

Villa might be a mess but they hold possibly one of the potential biggest threats left in the season.

I really hope you are right and we go on a great run, but lets be honest, that run should have started a few weeks ago on paper.

If we go up this season... great..if not ive a feeling next season we will be a definate force in this league. All the out of contract players gone...a plethora of young talent waiting in the wings for their chance...and combined with a couple of astute Frank buys pre season we will be the team to watch. So instead of the negativity towards season ticket renewal get down that ticket office and renew.  COYR 

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Millwall? Ipswich? all beatable according to some.

Villa might be a mess but they hold possibly one of the potential biggest threats left in the season.

I really hope you are right and we go on a great run, but lets be honest, that run should have started a few weeks ago on paper.

This is a really valid post........any run that we do or do not go on, needs to be defined by OUR team - not by who the opposition happen to be for any given match.

So what do we think the inhibitors are to sorting out OUR performances - is it fitness, injuries, tactics, coaching or just basic inherent poor quality (or some combination of these)?

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

This is a really valid post........any run that we do or do not go on, needs to be defined by OUR team - not by who the opposition happen to be for any given match.

So what do we think the inhibitors are to sorting out OUR performances - is it fitness, injuries, tactics, coaching or just basic inherent poor quality (or some combination of these)?

And there in lies the conundrum. It is plainly obvious that our system has been worked out and experienced managers just set up their teams accordingly to frustrate.

Not so long ago we seemed to switch from 433 to 442 with some success now trying 352.

It is a learning curve and being able to switch formations is probably the answer in part.

We also know that midfield is a big problem..

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

And there in lies the conundrum. It is plainly obvious that our system has been worked out and experienced managers just set up their teams accordingly to frustrate.

Not so long ago we seemed to switch from 433 to 442 with some success now trying 352.

It is a learning curve and being able to switch formations is probably the answer in part.

I would say that we have observed our CURRENT midfield seems to be a problem. Earlier n the season we were purring over Huddlestone, Mount and Wilson when they were in there.

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

There's no doubting injuries have had a significant impact on our season. Every player except Keogh and Tomori has spent considerable time out. At least during the part games where Tomori was out, Davies was able to step in. 

Even in our recent run we've been missing Carson (now returning), Davies, Forsyth, Mount, Lawrence. All big players for us and obviously big misses. King is now injured and can be added to that list.

23 hours ago, RedSox said:

Whilst this is a quote from Martin Waghorn after the Forest loss, it could have been - and has been - spoken by many of the other players in recent weeks, but wtf difference does it actually make trotting this out to us via the club mouthpiece?? 

It seems to make no difference to the way they go about their business on the pitch.  I'm not saying they aren't putting in a shift, but I get sooo tired of reading these hackneyed and meaningless phrases.  I'd rather they said "We were rubbish and we know we need to do better in key aspects and this is what we are focusing on in the week before Saturday's game."  A bit more honesty and purpose in the rhetoric, please!  The DCFC Press office should offer us a bit more insightful input to give us hope of an improvement. 

Probably just me and my impatience to know a little more of real value.  Rant over. 

At least the other clubs are doing their best to leave the faintest glimpse of potential for a play off place......

COYR!

It’s no different from every pre-season for the last five years when one of those players says “we’ve learned from last year” and then they preceed to mess up in exactly the same manner as before.

Listening to the nonsense from the dressing room is a waste of energy, they need to start doing their talking on the pitch for once.

On paper the run of games we have now is probably the easiest we’ve had all season. The opportunity is definitely there to get in the playoffs. Even if we played like we did against Hull which wasn’t sparkling we could win a fair few of these games. 

The posters who say though it’s not about the opposition it’s about us are absolutely spot on. We have to grab the opportunity but right now we don’t look like doing it based on the last 3 performances. It can change quickly though and has done already this season.

Archived