Lads don’t worry it’s the derby way

Big Trav

All the results are going in our favour look at Bristol last night. All we need is frank to go into training and slap half of the players and get them playing with power and tenacity. I would also be tempted to play bird and sibley and integrate them in the line up instead of the cdm and cm but it’ll be huge when we get mount. Let’s look at this in a positive note. COYR I believe 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

If we couldn't make the play-offs then i would start to think about integrating Sibley and Co. into the side but with us being 7th and very much in the playoff picture now is not the time.

I'm not so sure, we 100% need movement in the middle of the pitch, if for nothing else but to move the opposition who are happy to sit in and watch our miraculous passes around defence. 

At this point, we just need energy. We don't even need quality in the team, simply players that will always be on the move. Holmes is the only one at the minute that is providing any sense of misdirection and creating separation from his markers. I'd be tempted to throw Sibley or Bird in against Villa. We won't have Bryson, King or Mount. I'd imagine Johnson and Huddlestone will be alongside Holmes/Wilson, however.  

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not so sure, we 100% need movement in the middle of the pitch, if for nothing else but to move the opposition who are happy to sit in and watch our miraculous passes around defence. 

At this point, we just need energy. We don't even need quality in the team, simply players that will always be on the move. Holmes is the only one at the minute that is providing any sense of misdirection and creating separation from his markers. I'd be tempted to throw Sibley or Bird in against Villa. We won't have Bryson, King or Mount. I'd imagine Johnson and Huddlestone will be alongside Holmes/Wilson, however.  

Max Bird and Sibley have to be given a go sooner or later.  Nothing to lose now as our current midfield isn’t performing 

23 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

If we couldn't make the play-offs then i would start to think about integrating Sibley and Co. into the side but with us being 7th and very much in the playoff picture now is not the time.

I think it is. 

We need to stop Grealish so put Sibley on him.  Bird is a much cleverer player than we think. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I think it is. 

We need to stop Grealish so put Sibley on him.  Bird is a much cleverer player than we think. 

Bird was poor against Southampton and Sibley has only played a friendly for the first team. Need to be realistic, Bench maybe but starting? No. 

Our current midfield(and Bogle) is one of the main reasons we aren't comfortable top 6 right now. Carry on with the current set up and we aren't going to make top 6 anyway. Johnson, Bryson and Huddlestone all have expiring contracts so 1) will have an eye on their next move 2) aren't going to want to risk injury preventing a further move.

So, give Bird and Sibley a go. I honestly think we would have done if there wasn't so much pressure on the manager to succeed.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

At this point, we just need energy. We don't even need quality in the team, simply players that will always be on the move. Holmes is the only one at the minute that is providing any sense of misdirection and creating separation from his markers. 

Can tell you've been watching American Football me owd. ?

Re the OP: A part of me does feel this is literally how we do things all the time and maybe we will make the play offs. It's never easy, we take the long way around every time. 

I’d have the photos of Forest celebrating in the dressing room with the Brian Clough trophy and Ryan Yates celebrating in front of Keogh blown up and stuck all over the changing rooms before training this week 

if that doesn’t motivate them, nothing will

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

I think it is. 

I would love to see Sibley given a chance. However, knowing how aggressive Sibley is and how easily Grealish goes down I could see that pairing resulting in a sending off for our young man!

I love how you're now in favour of getting our young players integrated into the first team, though. ?

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

What on earth is that logic?

We are rapidly getting worse with the players we are currently using. Your plan to get back in is to just carry on using those players as a safe bet?

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I would love to see Sibley given a chance. However, knowing how aggressive Sibley is and how easily Grealish goes down I could see that pairing resulting in a sending off for our young man!

I love how you're now in favour of getting our young players integrated into the first team, though. ?

Always been in favour when it’s deserved and the opportunity arises.

Love Bogle and Roos getting in the first team. 

Don’t get the criticism of Bogle he’s been great. 

To me nothing to lose regarding Bird in particular getting a chance as our midfield has been poor of late with no service to Marriott and Waghorn 

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Always been in favour when it’s deserved and the opportunity arises.

Love Bogle and Roos getting in the first team. 

Don’t get the criticism of Bogle he’s been great. 

To me nothing to lose regarding Bird in particular getting a chance as our midfield has been poor of late with no service to Marriott and Waghorn 

I disagree regarding Bogle.

At the beginning he was excellent. At the moment very poor. 

I don't think it is his fault at all. He's being expected to play every game in a grueling championship season at 18. Talk about a baptism of fire.

I just think his integration could have been managed a lot better.

14 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I don't think it is his fault at all. He's being expected to play every game in a grueling championship season at 18. Talk about a baptism of fire.

But Wisdom has had injuries and has not  played well   Doesn’t get forward like Bogle. Who do you suggest replaces Bogle. 

17 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I agree, Bogle started out well, but since the start of December he has been piss poor TBH and it is unfair on him to have to play so many games when he clearly isn't ready for championship football yet.

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

What on earth is that logic?

We are rapidly getting worse with the players we are currently using. Your plan to get back in is to just carry on using those players as a safe bet?

Bring in young lads? could go well could go badly wrong. People suggesting playing them at Villa need to understand that a player like Jack Grealish would probably walk all over them, if that happens then there confidence would be shot. now is not the time for tinkering with young inexperienced players. Got to trust the players who got us in and around the top 6, players need to come back from injury aswell. 

40 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Got to trust the players who got us in and around the top 6, players need to come back from injury aswell. 

On basis of the level of performance i've seen from them for the majority of the season, i have no trust in them unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Can tell you've been watching American Football me owd. ?

Re the OP: A part of me does feel this is literally how we do things all the time and maybe we will make the play offs. It's never easy, we take the long way around every time. 

Anything that gets us in the redzone quicker is all I really want! 

look,no excuses...just get the team playing attacking football and win or lose you....are bloody forgiven by me.

and i dont buy all of this not good enough balls thats constantly spouted..these are professional footballers who just want to show off how good they are..thats literally all they live for!

so..get them doing what they do best,their strengths,what they are good at and them get them playing together regularly so they know what the next guy is going to do..

show some passion,kiss the ram on your shirts boys....i want to see what it means to you.

come on frank,we know you can do it mate.

Archived