1st time home buyer

AmericanRam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Looking at this house here in a couple hours.  We both like what it says about it, now just to see it in person and get a better idea. ?Thanks again for all the great tips/suggestions. 

https://www.trulia.com/p/nc/winston-salem/1355-tyndall-st-winston-salem-nc-27105--2023834826

Kinell those property prices are kind.

You couldn't buy a studio apartment for that amount over here!

4 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Looking at this house here in a couple hours.  We both like what it says about it, now just to see it in person and get a better idea. ?Thanks again for all the great tips/suggestions. 

https://www.trulia.com/p/nc/winston-salem/1355-tyndall-st-winston-salem-nc-27105--2023834826

Ask for a timber and moisture survey, does it have a basement? I would offer 92k as a start pitch, if the surveys came back sound.

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Kinell those property prices are kind.

You couldn't buy a studio apartment for that amount over here!

Well they are just big shed on legs. Let’s not over state the architectural elegance here.

18 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

One good gust and that house could be in Virginia. Are prices higher upstate?

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Americans!

Drive cars sized for normal people, and give yourself 30% more living space for the same price.

Why have a built in garage suitable for housing both the Presidents and VP's cars should they choose to visit, and squash yourself into a tiny house as a consequence?

If you think that’s small, ought to see mine!....that wasn’t an invite either ?

Couldn’t lie down on the kitchen floor without half me body in the hallway, seen bigger kitchens in a caravan.

Have half an eye on these myself, not much bigger than what we have now but they will do us.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-80026571.html

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-69115687.html

Couple of months away probably from being in a position to start to putting offers in, probably both go by then.

2 hours ago, David said:

If you think that’s small, ought to see mine!....that wasn’t an invite either ?

Couldn’t lie down on the kitchen floor without half me body in the hallway, seen bigger kitchens in a caravan.

Have half an eye on these myself, not much bigger than what we have now but they will do us.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-80026571.html

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-69115687.html

Couple of months away probably from being in a position to start to putting offers in, probably both go by then.

Can’t you reserve new builds?

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Can’t you reserve new builds?

Possibly, but here’s the situation.

Next are going through some kind of restructuring everyone’s contract thing. Whilst this takes place my missus promotion is temporary until June which she will have to apply again for it, although she’s pretty much been told it’s hers permanently but it’s a process she has to go through.

Until it’s offically permanent we’re just going to get our current house valued, meet the mortgage advisor, see what we have to do as we’re on a 70/30 thing with the government. 

We looked into moving last year, went to a new housing estate and was told you could transfer it to a new property or something, so we’ve got a fair bit to look into over the next couple of months before we actually start travelling over to look at houses.

A few months ago i received part of my inheritance, a substantial amount, but nowhere near enough for a small apartment in the city.  We have been looking instead for a property in the Costa Blanca area of Spain to vacation in and rent out at other times.  Good friends of ours bought a house there and we stayed with them for a week a couple of months ago.  We like the area, but the market there is like a jungle.  Hard to get reliable info on properties.  A few weeks from now i will be going over there again, but with a list of potential buys in hand.  Excited, but nervous for sure

8 hours ago, ramit said:

A few months ago i received part of my inheritance, a substantial amount, but nowhere near enough for a small apartment in the city.  We have been looking instead for a property in the Costa Blanca area of Spain to vacation in and rent out at other times.  Good friends of ours bought a house there and we stayed with them for a week a couple of months ago.  We like the area, but the market there is like a jungle.  Hard to get reliable info on properties.  A few weeks from now i will be going over there again, but with a list of potential buys in hand.  Excited, but nervous for sure

you must have a reputable, English speaking lawyer of course.  The first requirement is the most difficult! If at all possible try to get recommendations but your are right it can be a jungle out there.  Unfortunately, the phrase 'reputable lawyer in Spain' is an oxymoron 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

you must have a reputable, English speaking lawyer of course.  The first requirement is the most difficult! If at all possible try to get recommendations but your are right it can be a jungle out there.  Unfortunately, the phrase 'reputable lawyer in Spain' is an oxymoron 

We wouldn't go into this, if our friends had not purchased there.  i must have driven them ten times back and forth from the airport while they were searching, working out all angles and then fixing up their new house.  Their lawyer has recently accepted us as clients, so that is worked out.  Don't know how reputable, but she did a good job for our friends and speaks English.

41 minutes ago, ramit said:

We wouldn't go into this, if our friends had not purchased there.  i must have driven them ten times back and forth from the airport while they were searching, working out all angles and then fixing up their new house.  Their lawyer has recently accepted us as clients, so that is worked out.  Don't know how reputable, but she did a good job for our friends and speaks English.

I hope you didn't think I was talking down to you.  Spain is a great place, we've been here since 1994.  Hope it works out for you, we love it here

43 minutes ago, ramit said:

Don't forget to offer a forum discount on rentals!

21 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I hope you didn't think I was talking down to you.  Spain is a great place, we've been here since 1994.  Hope it works out for you, we love it here

Not at all and i appreciate your input on matters Spanish Spanish and thank you for it. ?

We really loved our short time there and fell in love with the area and it's multinational flavor

Archived