Bogle

DCFC1388

Just now, Millenniumram said:

He’s a much better player than Cyrus as well... Don’t get the blaming of all our problems on him. He’s a better defender than malone by a country mile for instance and he’s 10 years his junior! He’s not the finished article yet but he’s got potential and he’s better than wisdom, he’ll play better when the team does. An 18 year old full back can’t turn a team around 

Better than Malone by a country mile?!! They are both as poo as each other defensively, but Malone makes less big errors.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Better than Malone by a country mile?!! They are both as poo as each other defensively, but Malone makes less big errors.

Might be because he's got an advantage of 9 years more experience?

High time these idiots having a go at Bogle gave the guy a break - if anyone needs criticising it's Lampard who should have rested him 10 games ago, taken him out of the firing line when he started to struggle. It's one thing giving youth a chance (which FL has done in fairness) but the art of good management is knowing when to protect your young players. 

Bogle is very young, he will continue to make mistakes and that’s the learning curve. You are blind if you reckon he’s escaping criticism. I’m fed up of reading posts about how bad he is. I would rather us play our young, promising players and allow them support and patience to develop. Nobody is top class straight away. It’s about time.

Also, it’s nonsense to blame him for the Forest defeat. We had another 94 minutes to fight back. I’m not sure it was his fault our midfield were playing a game of hide and seek.

33 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

He is, bogle isn’t an experienced defender but he reads the game far better than Malone does, which is surprising for someone so young. Granted Malone is a rank awful defender I spite of his good play elsewhere, but bogle is far far better than him, and will keep getting better imo once he learns and is coached more.

11 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Might be because he's got an advantage of 9 years more experience?

High time these idiots having a go at Bogle gave the guy a break - if anyone needs criticising it's Lampard who should have rested him 10 games ago, taken him out of the firing line when he started to struggle. It's one thing giving youth a chance (which FL has done in fairness) but the art of good management is knowing when to protect your young players. 

perhaps Frank would rest Bogle if Wisdom stepped in and performed , but when he gets the chance he looks as nervy and mistake ridden as Bogle does

On 26/02/2019 at 08:30, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure how he is escaping criticism? 

Frank is taking a lot of the blame which yeh he is the manager but i'm pretty sure during training he doesnt ask the players to be so poor on the ball.

But back to Bogle, yes he is young so he gets cut some slack but for all the doom and gloom, our last 3 league goals have all come from mistakes or very bad decision making by Bogle

Ipswich - short freekick to him, he tries a pass that isnt on, counter, goal

Millwall - misjudges a simple header, counter, goal

Forest - misjudges a simple header, goal

So for all the poor play or lack of creativity from us etc etc the last 3 goals have come our own mistakes.

Now waiting to get blasted because we cant have a go at someone so young ?

I have to agree with this post, maybe it was time for Wisdom to come back in for Forest, I know you are giving up the attacking aspect but more solid defensively.

The header at Forest is really poor, completely wrong type of header, not sure how he comes to the decision that that type of header was required. And secondly his reaction after the header is almost comical, he gets back under the hall but makes no further attempts to attack it.

Our form has been poor for some time, at Stoke away I felt Bogle escaped massive critiscm, he never went at anybody once the whole game despite having many opportunities. 

49 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I have to agree with this post, maybe it was time for Wisdom to come back in for Forest, I know you are giving up the attacking aspect but more solid defensively.

The header at Forest is really poor, completely wrong type of header, not sure how he comes to the decision that that type of header was required. And secondly his reaction after the header is almost comical, he gets back under the hall but makes no further attempts to attack it.

Our form has been poor for some time, at Stoke away I felt Bogle escaped massive critiscm, he never went at anybody once the whole game despite having many opportunities. 

Wisdom looks horrific every time he plays. I’d take Bogle over him every day of the week.

Everyone moaned their arses off last season at the lack of opportunities for youth and now we blood a few, we can't wait to lambast them for showing their inexperience. What a joy it is to be a Derby fan sometimes. Stick in Wisdom then, you'll be moaning about him in no time too, or we could just show a little patience and give Bogle, Lowe and co the time they need to develop their games to a level where they don't incur some folks' wrath.

9 hours ago, Premier ram said:

perhaps Frank would rest Bogle if Wisdom stepped in and performed , but when he gets the chance he looks as nervy and mistake ridden as Bogle does

Except for when he was played "out of position" at left back, strangely.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived