Bogle

DCFC1388

Whilst we are havin a go at the players I would add that there are a few who are imo not good enough 

Bogle send him back to the u 23 poor can’t defend lost count of the times he’s been at fault he has a few good touches but far more bad spells yes he’s young but not good enough for the first team 

bryson love him but he is so poor these days legs gone ?

evans - poor don’t know what he brings to the team 

Bennett - rubbish league 2 player at best 

Nugent - past his best 

Lawrence - greedy moody mardy does not pass looks disinterested not a team player he was supposed to be our new Tom ince don’t make me laugh 7 million 

king - poor 

jzoom - has pace and trick but no end product 

malone - past it 

waghorn poor at times never a winger 

rant over 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure how he is escaping criticism? 

Frank is taking a lot of the blame which yeh he is the manager but i'm pretty sure during training he doesnt ask the players to be so poor on the ball.

But back to Bogle, yes he is young so he gets cut some slack but for all the doom and gloom, our last 3 league goals have all come from mistakes or very bad decision making by Bogle

Ipswich - short freekick to him, he tries a pass that isnt on, counter, goal

Millwall - misjudges a simple header, counter, goal

Forest - misjudges a simple header, goal

So for all the poor play or lack of creativity from us etc etc the last 3 goals have come our own mistakes.

Now waiting to get blasted because we cant have a go at someone so young ?

I think a fairer question would be, how is he not getting rested/dropped. FL obviously doesn't rate Wisdom, so we have to wait for Ambrose to be match ready so either we play 3 at the back or Tomori switches to RB.  

22 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

You say this but vs Ipswich we was winning and despite not being at our best we looked pretty comfortable, Ipswich weren't a huge threat. Without the mistake that could've been an extra 2 points.

Against Millwall, once again we didn't play well but without the mistake it would have been a poor 0-0 but still a point better off. Millwall offered next to no threat all game. Marriott had a decent chance, a fit Marriott would've scored imo

Ipswich are solidly bottom of the table - 9 points of safety - They've conceded more goals than any other team in the league - And your argument is we should have won 1 0?

Milwall were just above the relegation zone - Maybe 1 point at the time? We had 1 shot on target all game - And your argument (again) is we should have beaten then 1 0?

Nah - Those are teams we should be sticking 3/4 past in comfortable wins - If we lose against them it should be because their keeper has had an absolute stormer and somehow kept everything out - Neither of those games was that the case - So back off blaming an 18 year old in his first season for the poor run we're on

19 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

In fairness your right we’ve missed Carson, we all know his kicking isn’t great but he offers experience and security to those ahead of him. 

claiming the ball in the air is not one of his strong points at all

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

May not be his strongest point granted, but he is better at it than KR currently

sorry but I don't agree.  TBF if people are making excuses for Bogle in terms of inexperience then it terms of first team football KR deserves some sympathy.  We will all have different views but the way Bogle dealt with that cross was a shock to everyone and I can't imagine that KR could anticipate it.  He should have been expecting that to be cleared and preparing to save any subsequent effort.  I really can't imagine he was thinking that he should be preparing himself to jump up to collect a misplaced header.  I can't think that Carson would have dealt with it in any other manner

19 hours ago, Inglorius said:

If it's so obvious to you that Waghorn isn't a winger then why does Lampard not see the same?

Because it's his rooster up should have bought one for the middle and a proper winger .We have three players that are better suited to playing central TL, JM and MW .I often wonder why managers try to put round pegs in square holes is it ego [I can make it work] or whatever .Not just a dig at Frank loads try to do it.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Because it's his rooster up should have bought one for the middle and a proper winger .We have three players that are better suited to playing central TL, JM and MW .I often wonder why managers try to put round pegs in square holes is it ego [I can make it work] or whatever .Not just a dig at Frank loads try to do it.

yep still a weird purchase in light of Marriott.  Still no idea why we bought him.  I think he is a good player when playing to his strengths but that is hardly likely to happen.  Potentially a chunk of money has been wasted there and we need to move him on to avoid getting clobbered by FFP at the end of a contract where he has little opportunity to play

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Or maybe the game has moved on from having traditional wingers and playing 442

25 minutes ago, Spanish said:

sorry but I don't agree.  TBF if people are making excuses for Bogle in terms of inexperience then it terms of first team football KR deserves some sympathy.  We will all have different views but the way Bogle dealt with that cross was a shock to everyone and I can't imagine that KR could anticipate it.  He should have been expecting that to be cleared and preparing to save any subsequent effort.  I really can't imagine he was thinking that he should be preparing himself to jump up to collect a misplaced header.  I can't think that Carson would have dealt with it in any other manner

Agree to disagree then ??‍♂️??

Two points:

1) People saying he made the mistake for the goal. True partially, as it was a poor header, but there's so many players that could have got to that ball before the Forest defender. Really harsh to blame him. It's a bit like conceding a goal from a phase of play that follows a false throw in. Harsh to blame the linesman. Just stop the ball during the phase on the pitch!

2) To those saying "I haven't seen evidence that he's a good player" and stuff to that effect. First live game I saw this season was Preston at home. Bogle absolutely blew me away. Best player on the pitch without a doubt. Got me off my seat a couple of times with runs pasts players. Passed the ball quickly and just got the crowd excited. A real shame he got injured in that match, too. Thankfully Mount and Keogh made sure we go through it.

He's young. He'll make mistakes. But to start throwing around stuff that insinuates he's not very good is just nonsense, and ignores so much of his season. 

It's all getting a bit Cyrus Christie, lads. Back him. Let him play his game. Let him learn. Don't start witch-hunting him, as I see some are now trying to do on Twitter and Instagram. Don't be that type of "fan" . . . 

9 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Ipswich are solidly bottom of the table - 9 points of safety - They've conceded more goals than any other team in the league - And your argument is we should have won 1 0?

Milwall were just above the relegation zone - Maybe 1 point at the time? We had 1 shot on target all game - And your argument (again) is we should have beaten then 1 0?

Nah - Those are teams we should be sticking 3/4 past in comfortable wins - If we lose against them it should be because their keeper has had an absolute stormer and somehow kept everything out - Neither of those games was that the case - So back off blaming an 18 year old in his first season for the poor run we're on

Yes I think we should have done much better in both games and smashed both teams off the park, but if we play poorly the least we need to do is get a point (Millwall) or hold onto a lead (Ipswich). Silly mistakes stopped that from happening in both games.

Had we got 4pts from them 2 and not played well things wouldnt look as bad as they currently do.

22 hours ago, Inglorius said:

What a crass post, so because Lampard has set us up to be totally impotent and toothless then that's Bogle fault?

I guess it's also his fault that Waghorn missed the sitter last night as well.

I didnt say its Bogles fault we played badly and nor do i think Lampard set us up to be toothless & impotent as you say. All im saying is the mistakes didnt help, they could have all been by someone else it doesnt matter, they didnt help.

Waghorn should have buried his chance, i know that, you know that & im sure he knows that too.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Two points:

1) People saying he made the mistake for the goal. True partially, as it was a poor header, but there's so many players that could have got to that ball before the Forest defender. Really harsh to blame him. It's a bit like conceding a goal from a phase of play that follows a false throw in. Harsh to blame the linesman. Just stop the ball during the phase on the pitch!

2) To those saying "I haven't seen evidence that he's a good player" and stuff to that effect. First live game I saw this season was Preston at home. Bogle absolutely blew me away. Best player on the pitch without a doubt. Got me off my seat a couple of times with runs pasts players. Passed the ball quickly and just got the crowd excited. A real shame he got injured in that match, too. Thankfully Mount and Keogh made sure we go through it.

He's young. He'll make mistakes. But to start throwing around stuff that insinuates he's not very good is just nonsense, and ignores so much of his season. 

It's all getting a bit Cyrus Christie, lads. Back him. Let him play his game. Let him learn. Don't start witch-hunting him, as I see some are now trying to do on Twitter and Instagram. Don't be that type of "fan" . . . 

He’s a much better player than Cyrus as well... Don’t get the blaming of all our problems on him. He’s a better defender than malone by a country mile for instance and he’s 10 years his junior! He’s not the finished article yet but he’s got potential and he’s better than wisdom, he’ll play better when the team does. An 18 year old full back can’t turn a team around 

Archived