Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Bogle

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He's not the only defender who heads the ball straight up.

I'm sure saying this will be unpopular but Tomori does worse at times. I cannot see how he will progress as a centre half with his inconsistency when challenging in the air. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure saying this will be unpopular but Tomori does worse at times. I cannot see how he will progress as a centre half with his inconsistency when challenging in the air. 

It’s an area Tomori has improved on considerably throughout the season. Still not great but almost unrecognisable from his debut against Leeds. In the recent games against Preston and Millwall I don’t think he was beaten in the air once. 

9 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Agreed, however we don’t help ourselves. For me the free kick that we gave away was ludicrous, 1 minute in and we put our defence under unnecessary pressure.  

Assume it was Huddlestone that gave it away, followed by another 4 or 5 identically stupid challenges over the next 44 minutes.

For the size of him he is an absolute powder puff in the challenge.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Assume it was Huddlestone that gave it away, followed by another 4 or 5 identically stupid challenges over the next 44 minutes.

He hopeless at tackling. 

Needs dropping for me. 

Passes go wildly long and out most of the time. 

He turns like a 10 ton truck and he slows us down all the time 

Edited by Curtains

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

He hopeless at tackling. 

Needs dropping for me. 

He turns like a 10 ton truck and slows down all the time 

Wonder if his mind is on his summer move to Italy.

Have never seen a run of games this long where his passing has been so awful.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It was, that and another challenge where he just pushed Murphy over shows why he was targeted. Against the right team imo he can be effective however this is reliant on other teams not pressing, that said no one has stepped up to the mark to replace him, that is something I think can be aimed in FLs direction.

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He hopeless at tackling. 

Needs dropping for me. 

He turns like a 10 ton truck and he slows us down all the time 

I’m a massive huddlestone fan but he’s been awful the past few games. Don’t think changing him will change much mind, our problems are with the lack of strength of the likes of Wilson and Bryson more imo. Dunno who we’d bring in cdm either? Johnson? Can’t pass. Evans? Doesn’t do enough for me

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m a massive huddlestone fan but he’s been awful the past few games. Don’t think changing him will change much mind, our problems are with the lack of strength of the likes of Wilson and Bryson more imo. Dunno who we’d bring in cdm either? Johnson? Can’t pass. Evans? Doesn’t do enough for me

Give Max Bird a chance 

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Correct but his mistakes have resulted in teams being able to sit in and make us try and break them down which we're struggling to do. Don't make the mistakes and gift the goals and none of those 3 teams really threatened too much other than that. We could be 4 points better off and unbeaten during the 'February Wobble' despite playing poorly.

What a crass post, so because Lampard has set us up to be totally impotent and toothless then that's Bogle fault?

I guess it's also his fault that Waghorn missed the sitter last night as well.

Whilst we are havin a go at the players I would add that there are a few who are imo not good enough 

Bogle send him back to the u 23 poor can’t defend lost count of the times he’s been at fault he has a few good touches but far more bad spells yes he’s young but not good enough for the first team 

bryson love him but he is so poor these days legs gone ?

evans - poor don’t know what he brings to the team 

Bennett - rubbish league 2 player at best 

Nugent - past his best 

Lawrence - greedy moody mardy does not pass looks disinterested not a team player he was supposed to be our new Tom ince don’t make me laugh 7 million 

king - poor 

jzoom - has pace and trick but no end product 

malone - past it 

waghorn poor at times never a winger 

rant over 

3 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

waghorn poor at times never a winger 

rant over 

If it's so obvious to you that Waghorn isn't a winger then why does Lampard not see the same?

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure how he is escaping criticism? 

Frank is taking a lot of the blame which yeh he is the manager but i'm pretty sure during training he doesnt ask the players to be so poor on the ball.

But back to Bogle, yes he is young so he gets cut some slack but for all the doom and gloom, our last 3 league goals have all come from mistakes or very bad decision making by Bogle

Ipswich - short freekick to him, he tries a pass that isnt on, counter, goal

Millwall - misjudges a simple header, counter, goal

Forest - misjudges a simple header, goal

So for all the poor play or lack of creativity from us etc etc the last 3 goals have come our own mistakes.

Now waiting to get blasted because we cant have a go at someone so young 🙄

I think a fairer question would be, how is he not getting rested/dropped. FL obviously doesn't rate Wisdom, so we have to wait for Ambrose to be match ready so either we play 3 at the back or Tomori switches to RB.