Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Bogle

It's arguable that Bogle may need a rest but Wisdom is an inadequate replacement. He offers little going forward and is not aggressive enough in the tackle. I think when Wisdom leaves Derby at the end of his contract (and not before as his wage is too high) he will drift down the divisions. 

Bogle is a prime example of the clamour to blood youth but not accepting that mistakes are inevitable when learning the game and wanting a quick fix solution. If we can't accept this then we may as well not have a youth team and give Ashley Cole, who had a far worse time last night than Bogle did, a five year contract. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure how he is escaping criticism? 

People are less likely to heavily criticise youth players (and young people in general) as they are thought to be more susceptible to criticism as it's more likely to destroy their confidence. This is entirely reasonable. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Frank is taking a lot of the blame which yeh he is the manager but i'm pretty sure during training he doesnt ask the players to be so poor on the ball.

But back to Bogle, yes he is young so he gets cut some slack but for all the doom and gloom, our last 3 league goals have all come from mistakes or very bad decision making by Bogle

Ipswich - short freekick to him, he tries a pass that isnt on, counter, goal

Millwall - misjudges a simple header, counter, goal

Forest - misjudges a simple header, goal

So for all the poor play or lack of creativity from us etc etc the last 3 goals have come our own mistakes.

Now waiting to get blasted because we cant have a go at someone so young 🙄

Frank is rightly copping for the blame. If players are continually being poor on the ball then maybe the manager shouldn't be asking them to do things that they are not so great at.

As regards Bogle, for the Ipswich game he played a pass that I would expect any half decent player to make. The issue was that the player he passed to was sat on his heels (Holmes from memory), if he had taken just one step away, just a tinsy bit of movement, he would have retained the ball and been away from his marker.

To call the Millwall goal from a simple header was daft, it was a split second misjudgement and a more experienced cooler head would probably have sat back and run it back to the keeper.

The Forest goal if he looked at it, he would rather have just nodded it away for a corner. maybe that is what he was going to do and got caught in two minds. All part of learning for him. The bigger error was again someone standing unmarked on their own with a simple finish.

You have to understand kiddo it is all about split-seconds, he is in his first season in the big boys game, he is showing no signs of pressure getting to him, so leaving him out is not the right thing to do. He is a good player learning his trade. The problems lie further up the chain.

Bogle's a young lad playing his first season at this level. He's done really well. But he's played a lot of games and could do with having a rest. Doesn't seem to be learning or improving regards stopping crosses, or in an attacking sense regards assists. It's a hard league. He must be mentally knackered. Don't want him to burn out as he's good good potential.

30 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Bogle's a young lad playing his first season at this level. He's done really well. But he's played a lot of games and could do with having a rest. Doesn't seem to be learning or improving regards stopping crosses, or in an attacking sense regards assists. It's a hard league. He must be mentally knackered. Don't want him to burn out as he's good good potential.

Bogle, despite playing more minutes than all except Carson, Keogh and Tomori this season, looks to be one of the few who don't need a rest. Considering it's only his first season at this level and second above U18 level he's shown great maturity in his composure, consistency and energy levels. Given that he shows a desire to learn, the best thing for him is to get back out on the pitch.

Didn't think he did too much wrong last night but his crossing was crap. 

The goal? Nah. The ball is floating 8ft in the air and only 1 person is allowed to use his hands but he chose to let it come down so 8 other people could reach it. Sound decision 

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

wisdoms no better so I’m not sure where we go from here.

This is the problem. Whenever Wisdom has played this season he’s largely been woeful. So I can see the sense in sticking with the young lad and hoping he keeps improving. But he has really struggled as of late, so probably needs “resting” for a game or 2.

4 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Frank is taking a lot of the blame which yeh he is the manager but i'm pretty sure during training he doesnt ask the players to be so poor on the ball.

But back to Bogle, yes he is young so he gets cut some slack but for all the doom and gloom, our last 3 league goals have all come from mistakes or very bad decision making by Bogle

Ipswich - short freekick to him, he tries a pass that isnt on, counter, goal

Millwall - misjudges a simple header, counter, goal

Forest - misjudges a simple header, goal

So for all the poor play or lack of creativity from us etc etc the last 3 goals have come our own mistakes.

Now waiting to get blasted because we cant have a go at someone so young 🙄

Agree totally, the biggest concern I have for JB is we keep playing him despite his poor performances we will destroy this lads future by continuing on this path. 

He’s played well at points but now is the time to bench him for at least 3 matches, give him time away from the spot light. 

Every team we’ve played recently seem to have identified him as the weak link 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Didn't think he did too much wrong last night but his crossing was crap. 

The goal? Nah. The ball is floating 8ft in the air and only 1 person is allowed to use his hands but he chose to let it come down so 8 other people could reach it. Sound decision 

In fairness your right we’ve missed Carson, we all know his kicking isn’t great but he offers experience and security to those ahead of him. 

I'd like to take issue with the statement that he made a 'mistake' for the goal last night. The ball in was swerving and dipping and he certainly got under it. A bit like blaming Keogh for the play off goal it was just one of those that could have gone anywhere. A brave player would have left it but even then he has a Red Dog coming in behind him so that would have been rather ballsy. Yes, a solid header would have been perfect but I hardly think he warrants a slamming for not dealing with it perfectly.

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'd like to take issue with the statement that he made a 'mistake' for the goal last night. The ball in was swerving and dipping and he certainly got under it. A bit like blaming Keogh for the play off goal it was just one of those that could have gone anywhere. A brave player would have left it but even then he has a Red Dog coming in behind him so that would have been rather ballsy. Yes, a solid header would have been perfect but I hardly think he warrants a slamming for not dealing with it perfectly.

He's not the only defender who heads the ball straight up.

Cole took up a strange position and Roos should have taken charge. It was a mess all round.

Bogle has struggled a bit lately but he needs a bit of help around him.

I'm not seeing the senior players helping the youngsters at present. Indeed we lack leaders.