Bogle

DCFC1388

Bogle's a young lad playing his first season at this level. He's done really well. But he's played a lot of games and could do with having a rest. Doesn't seem to be learning or improving regards stopping crosses, or in an attacking sense regards assists. It's a hard league. He must be mentally knackered. Don't want him to burn out as he's good good potential.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Bogle's a young lad playing his first season at this level. He's done really well. But he's played a lot of games and could do with having a rest. Doesn't seem to be learning or improving regards stopping crosses, or in an attacking sense regards assists. It's a hard league. He must be mentally knackered. Don't want him to burn out as he's good good potential.

Bogle, despite playing more minutes than all except Carson, Keogh and Tomori this season, looks to be one of the few who don't need a rest. Considering it's only his first season at this level and second above U18 level he's shown great maturity in his composure, consistency and energy levels. Given that he shows a desire to learn, the best thing for him is to get back out on the pitch.

Didn't think he did too much wrong last night but his crossing was crap. 

The goal? Nah. The ball is floating 8ft in the air and only 1 person is allowed to use his hands but he chose to let it come down so 8 other people could reach it. Sound decision 

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

wisdoms no better so I’m not sure where we go from here.

This is the problem. Whenever Wisdom has played this season he’s largely been woeful. So I can see the sense in sticking with the young lad and hoping he keeps improving. But he has really struggled as of late, so probably needs “resting” for a game or 2.

4 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure how he is escaping criticism? 

Frank is taking a lot of the blame which yeh he is the manager but i'm pretty sure during training he doesnt ask the players to be so poor on the ball.

But back to Bogle, yes he is young so he gets cut some slack but for all the doom and gloom, our last 3 league goals have all come from mistakes or very bad decision making by Bogle

Ipswich - short freekick to him, he tries a pass that isnt on, counter, goal

Millwall - misjudges a simple header, counter, goal

Forest - misjudges a simple header, goal

So for all the poor play or lack of creativity from us etc etc the last 3 goals have come our own mistakes.

Now waiting to get blasted because we cant have a go at someone so young ?

Agree totally, the biggest concern I have for JB is we keep playing him despite his poor performances we will destroy this lads future by continuing on this path. 

He’s played well at points but now is the time to bench him for at least 3 matches, give him time away from the spot light. 

Every team we’ve played recently seem to have identified him as the weak link 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Didn't think he did too much wrong last night but his crossing was crap. 

The goal? Nah. The ball is floating 8ft in the air and only 1 person is allowed to use his hands but he chose to let it come down so 8 other people could reach it. Sound decision 

In fairness your right we’ve missed Carson, we all know his kicking isn’t great but he offers experience and security to those ahead of him. 

I'd like to take issue with the statement that he made a 'mistake' for the goal last night. The ball in was swerving and dipping and he certainly got under it. A bit like blaming Keogh for the play off goal it was just one of those that could have gone anywhere. A brave player would have left it but even then he has a Red Dog coming in behind him so that would have been rather ballsy. Yes, a solid header would have been perfect but I hardly think he warrants a slamming for not dealing with it perfectly.

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'd like to take issue with the statement that he made a 'mistake' for the goal last night. The ball in was swerving and dipping and he certainly got under it. A bit like blaming Keogh for the play off goal it was just one of those that could have gone anywhere. A brave player would have left it but even then he has a Red Dog coming in behind him so that would have been rather ballsy. Yes, a solid header would have been perfect but I hardly think he warrants a slamming for not dealing with it perfectly.

He's not the only defender who heads the ball straight up.

Cole took up a strange position and Roos should have taken charge. It was a mess all round.

Bogle has struggled a bit lately but he needs a bit of help around him.

I'm not seeing the senior players helping the youngsters at present. Indeed we lack leaders.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He's not the only defender who heads the ball straight up.

I'm sure saying this will be unpopular but Tomori does worse at times. I cannot see how he will progress as a centre half with his inconsistency when challenging in the air. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure saying this will be unpopular but Tomori does worse at times. I cannot see how he will progress as a centre half with his inconsistency when challenging in the air. 

It’s an area Tomori has improved on considerably throughout the season. Still not great but almost unrecognisable from his debut against Leeds. In the recent games against Preston and Millwall I don’t think he was beaten in the air once. 

9 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Agreed, however we don’t help ourselves. For me the free kick that we gave away was ludicrous, 1 minute in and we put our defence under unnecessary pressure.  

Assume it was Huddlestone that gave it away, followed by another 4 or 5 identically stupid challenges over the next 44 minutes.

For the size of him he is an absolute powder puff in the challenge.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Assume it was Huddlestone that gave it away, followed by another 4 or 5 identically stupid challenges over the next 44 minutes.

He hopeless at tackling. 

Needs dropping for me. 

Passes go wildly long and out most of the time. 

He turns like a 10 ton truck and he slows us down all the time 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

He hopeless at tackling. 

Needs dropping for me. 

He turns like a 10 ton truck and slows down all the time 

Wonder if his mind is on his summer move to Italy.

Have never seen a run of games this long where his passing has been so awful.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It was, that and another challenge where he just pushed Murphy over shows why he was targeted. Against the right team imo he can be effective however this is reliant on other teams not pressing, that said no one has stepped up to the mark to replace him, that is something I think can be aimed in FLs direction.

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He hopeless at tackling. 

Needs dropping for me. 

He turns like a 10 ton truck and he slows us down all the time 

I’m a massive huddlestone fan but he’s been awful the past few games. Don’t think changing him will change much mind, our problems are with the lack of strength of the likes of Wilson and Bryson more imo. Dunno who we’d bring in cdm either? Johnson? Can’t pass. Evans? Doesn’t do enough for me

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m a massive huddlestone fan but he’s been awful the past few games. Don’t think changing him will change much mind, our problems are with the lack of strength of the likes of Wilson and Bryson more imo. Dunno who we’d bring in cdm either? Johnson? Can’t pass. Evans? Doesn’t do enough for me

Give Max Bird a chance 

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Correct but his mistakes have resulted in teams being able to sit in and make us try and break them down which we're struggling to do. Don't make the mistakes and gift the goals and none of those 3 teams really threatened too much other than that. We could be 4 points better off and unbeaten during the 'February Wobble' despite playing poorly.

What a crass post, so because Lampard has set us up to be totally impotent and toothless then that's Bogle fault?

I guess it's also his fault that Waghorn missed the sitter last night as well.

Archived