Mason Mount

Dethorn

14 minutes ago, David said:

Should be yeah, don’t forget we have a transfer window before the season starts

and we're about to net £40m with the sale of Bogle so we could just about afford to renew Bradley Johnson's contract. Things are looking up!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsnip said:

And where do you propose we are going to find the required £9m!?!

I suppose we *could* choose to not renew Johnson's contract. That should free up the funds to purchase all of our loanees. 

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Screenshot_20190401-111414_Chrome.thumb.jpg.735edb6c1441893ff7833097a186484d.jpg

We don’t, we sign a different player. I mean as a club we survived 134 years and won many games without Mason Mount.

Don’t get me wrong he’s a great player, but the club will not fold when he returns to Chelsea. Now grab a Snickers.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I suppose we *could* choose to not renew Johnson's contract. That should free up the funds to purchase all of our loanees. 

How dare you? Bradley Johnson is Derby City through and through.

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

How dare you? Bradley Johnson is Derby City through and through.

Hey don't eye-roll my post for the purposes of this banter, I don't gain rep for that!

10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Screenshot_20190401-111414_Chrome.thumb.jpg.735edb6c1441893ff7833097a186484d.jpg

I'm fairly confident that Mount would cost in the region of £40-50m, absolutely no doubt about that. £9m may well be the cost to loan him next season, however. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm fairly confident that Mount would cost in the region of £40-50m, absolutely no doubt about that. £9m may well be the cost to loan him next season, however. 

That would be unprecedented for a player that's played excellently in the Eredivisie and very well in the Championship and not a single appearance in an elite league.

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I reckon if Mel takes a screenshot of the transfermarkt profile and offers £10m cash then the deal will be done. That leaves us with £30m from the Bogle sale to extend Bradley Johnson's contract. He'll have to take a wage cut obvs.

Just now, Parsnip said:

I reckon if Mel takes a screenshot of the transfermarkt profile and offers £10m cash then the deal will be done. That leaves us with £30m from the Bogle sale to extend Bradley Johnson's contract. He'll have to take a wage cut obvs.

A fair compromise. 

27 minutes ago, Duracell said:

That would be unprecedented for a player that's played excellently in the Eredivisie and very well in the Championship and not a single appearance in an elite league.

Maybe £40m-£50m is a bit off but not by much, Chelsea have no reason to sell as he'll be good enough to play for them very soon with the added bonus of being home-grown. He wouldn't want to leave Chelsea but if he did it would be for the promise of first team football at a top team whom Chelsea would probably not want to sell to cheaply

37 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Bayern Munich had a £30 million bid rejected for Callum Hudson-Odoi, a player who's not started a league match in his career.

For what it's worth, I think Mount's valuation by Chelsea would be closer to the region of £20-30 million. I reckon that Wilson would be (mistakenly) seen at the lower end of that scale and Tomori at about £15 million (a bargain if we went up IMO). If we don't go up we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of signing any of them permanently, and I highly doubt we'd be able to loan any of them again either.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Bayern Munich had a £30 million bid rejected for Callum Hudson-Odoi, a player who's not started a league match in his career.

For what it's worth, I think Mount's valuation by Chelsea would be closer to the region of £20-30 million. I reckon that Wilson would be (mistakenly) seen at the lower end of that scale and Tomori at about £15 million (a bargain if we went up IMO). If we don't go up we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of signing any of them permanently, and I highly doubt we'd be able to loan any of them again either.

Exactly, and Hudson-Odoi is a much more high-profile player. Mount still isn't really on the radar in the same way.

I think Wilson would actually go for more than Mount, given his goal-scoring record. No idea how Chelsea's transfer ban would affect Tomori and Mount's value.

8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Exactly, and Hudson-Odoi is a much more high-profile player. Mount still isn't really on the radar in the same way.

I think Wilson would actually go for more than Mount, given his goal-scoring record. No idea how Chelsea's transfer ban would affect Tomori and Mount's value.

Re your first point, perhaps. I'd argue that Mount and Hudson-Odoi were talked about in equally glowing terms before this season though. It's just that the latter's lack of game time has been a significant talking point when Chelsea have been poor this season. Don't forget, they're level on England call ups. As I suggested in my previous post however, the limit of MM's current value is probably £30 million, whereas that is CHO's minimum. 

You may have a point with Wilson. I don't think that's deserved though.

5 hours ago, Duracell said:

I’d argue, until two months ago, Mount was a bigger name than CHO. 

Would have made his England debut before CHO as well but for injury.

Archived