Villa v Derby

North East Ram

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Josefzoons playing

Was quoting the poster who said the last time he was happy with a line up was the last time we won. Was just pointing out there was very little difference (in fact, it was probably worse) between the team vs Hull and the team vs Forest

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hoping it's 2 sitters (Evans, Bird) and 1 advanced (Holmes) in a 4-2-3-1

I think you’re right I’d probably be a bit more comfortable with the midfield if it’s was BJ in for Evans to give us a bit more experience and bite ?

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think you’re right I’d probably be a bit more comfortable with the midfield if it’s was BJ in for Evans to give us a bit more experience and bite ?

Wisdom at RB bothers me, he's looked uncertain in every game he's played. I wonder whether Evans could do a job there? But in midfield he's looked lost. Frank doesn't like Johnson, it's clear; he dropped him after he ran the show against Man Utd.

From what I've seen of Max Bird in the U23s, he looks really useful at threading passes through defenses to on-running players. We need quicker distribution in our game and if he can step up, he might be a really clever player to sit next to Evans.

Big ask, though. 

Not sure what people wanted really....calls for changes and to bring in some U23's and when he mixes it up immediately they question it.

We had to do something Wilson needs a break, Bogle needs to work on his defensive ability so no problems with that.

Not much we could do given resources available Bird has promise...good to see Lawson on the bench.

The likes of Evans and Bennett need to show they can step in and be championship starters.

It’s a bits and pieces team. No way near enough quality in the squad. We look bereft of ideas and intent and with no evolution of a system or scheme. I predict an afternoon of great effor but total inchoate ineffectiveness. Can’t see anything other than a modest defeat against an average Villa side. That’s me being realistic not negative. 

Dropping 2 of the players who have been scoring for us recently is a joke. Wilson is always a threat when played in the correct position and what has Bennett showed to our Waghorn, he was dire v Forest. Not sure about Bird big stage when we need a win. Not confident with that side 

1 minute ago, KCG said:

Wisdom at RB bothers me, he's looked uncertain in every game he's played. I wonder whether Evans could do a job there? But in midfield he's looked lost. Frank doesn't like Johnson, it's clear; he dropped him after he ran the show against Man Utd.

Yep wisdom has gone dramatically backwards and is a bit of a liability these days, that said he did play ok at LB earlier in the season.

On BJ I actually don’t mind him, he’s got big limitations (short passing) but he has the ability to drive the team on and physically dominate opposing midfielders. He’s the only only player in our squad who can do this and sometimes in this division you need that grit and determination over flair and skill sadly!

Think I would have preferred 4/5/1 in the present situation and swamped the midfield but it may be that perhaps this one is the best choice to risk under 23 players as we really are not expected to win ,,, either way we are right up against it in terms of injury and poor individual form so I’m not going to be too critical 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

It’s a bits and pieces team. No way near enough quality in the squad. We look bereft of ideas and intent and with no evolution of a system or scheme. I predict an afternoon of great effor but total inchoate ineffectiveness. Can’t see anything other than a modest defeat against an average Villa side. That’s me being realistic not negative. 

If the team was carefully constructed as that post I would be chuffed... take my hat off to you sir.  Said what I wanted to say but ..eloquently.  Hope its not true and as Villa are in crisis hope is there...but if I had to bet then I would be with you.

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

The fact we’re making 6 changes to teams this far into the season is exactly the reason we won’t go up, we still don’t know what our best side is. . . It’s February. . . 

I put this down to bad luck with injuries.

Brave choice from Frank and I hope it pays off...

Archived