Villa v Derby

This season has gone belly up since beating Southampton in the cup, 

Cannot believe that a loanee in Mount when fit could be our saviour

12 minutes ago, falconram said:

This season has gone belly up since beating Southampton in the cup, 

Why not Leon Osman was

4 hours ago, Ram8 said:

What a shambles, I’m sorry but Frank Lampard has meddled and messed about with the line-up yet again, weakening it without any semblance of an alternative tactical plan. 

What did Evans, Wisdom and Bennett contributed yesterday. Answer, absolutely nothing! 

Where is Huddlestone? Is he injured? Without his calmness and anticipation, and ability to receive and retain the ball in tight situations at CDM we are exposed and Keogh and Tomori are overrun.

Why is Waghorn dropped? He isn’t a £5 million pound player or a Chris Martin, but he provides some physicality up front. Jack Marriott, for all his selfless running, and opportunism, is completely ineffective when we have no midfield to provide him with service. Did not Lampard even look at what Chris Martin could offer, or is he incapable of judging a player’s value to a team, or their attributes and abilities? 

What has Roos done to deserve being discarded? 

I’m afraid that Lampard is revealing his naivety and flawed judgement of the players at his disposal.

Wisdom is incapable of passing forward. Bogle, for all his inexperience is far better.

What does FL see in Mason Bennett? No penetration on the wing, no goal threat. 

I’ll exempt Max Bird from criticism as he did appear to try his best in a difficult situation for an inexperienced 18 year old. And Duane Holmes was the only midfielder who was willing or capable of holding the ball or moving it forward.

But how on earth could FL believe that a midfield of Evans, Bird and Holmes was capable of dealing with players such as Jack Grealish, or providing sufficient creativity to break open Villa’s defence, containing the excellent Tyrone Mings. 

Grealish is premiership class, actually better than our own (loanee) Mason Mount, and has that rare ability to receive the ball anywhere on the pitch, retain it, and bring other team mates into play, giving the impression of making time stand still whilst he does it. Surely a future England player. 

A few people have mentioned Will Hughes, I know he’s gone and that might seem to be futile, but it does provide an illustration of the gulf in midfield class that has opened up since we lost him. 

Is Frank Lampard capable of recognising the massive mistake that he made in team selection yesterday, and restoring some semblance of balance to the team with the return of Huddlestone and Waghorn, and accepting that such as Wisdom, Bennett, Evans, Lawrence, Nugent, Bryson and Johnson have no further part to play in the remainder of Derby County’s season? 

On current evidence, perhaps not, but I hope I am wrong, because yet another change of manager would be a disaster for the club in it’s present situation. 

Some of your points are quite relevant apart from the ones about Lawrence and Wisdom......this team is far better with Lawrence in it something that is quite clearly being demonstrated at the moment.

Wisdom is playing injured he needs a operation but is prepared to play in pain because we are so short of right back cover.

17 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Wisdom is playing injured he needs a operation but is prepared to play in pain because we are so short of right back cover.

Not seen this. What's up with him?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, falconram said:

I don’t like pinning our revival on him either.

After his form at the start of the season, he’s not been the same player since his England call-up or playing against Chelsea with a knock. Before his current injury lay-off, people were commenting that he goes missing in games and needs a rest from the team.

Even if he did come back into the team and provide the spark to turn our game back into fluid attacking football, he goes back at the end of the season and we’re back here again (also minus Wilson & Tomori).

Edited by Ramathorn
Typos

We need to beef up the midfield because we are far too lightweight. At this point of the season we need to move on from the idea we can play pretty football; we clearly can't. We need to press high as team and move the ball around quickly.

Now the dust has settled after yesterday’s mess and you look at facts, we are 3 points behind Bristol who have to play Leeds, Sheff Utd, Boro, West Brom, Villa and the mighty sheep. We on the other hand only have Bristol and Birmingham left to play in the current top half.

I know this league doesn’t always conform, but if we can beat Wigan and Sheff wed and not lose to Stoke, the confidence should return, setting us up for the then remaining 9 fixtures or 12 if you count the playoffs 😉

2 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Now the dust has settled after yesterday’s mess and you look at facts, we are 3 points behind Bristol who have to play Leeds, Sheff Utd, Boro, West Brom, Villa and the mighty sheep. We on the other hand only have Bristol and Birmingham left to play in the current top half.

I know this league doesn’t always conform, but if we can beat Wigan and Sheff wed and not lose to Stoke, the confidence should return, setting us up for the then remaining 9 fixtures or 12 if you count the playoffs 😉

Haven't you learned anything yet about trying to second guess who we should be beating?

11 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Now the dust has settled after yesterday’s mess and you look at facts...

I

The main fact is that we are currently playing very poor football and have for most of the season. Our goal scoring record is appalling and that's because we don't create chances.

Frank's got to stop pissing about with selection; we all know, despite injuries, that Frank has unnecessarily messed about with the team e.g dropping Waghorn and Johnson for no discernible reason.

An intelligent manager once said "Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better." I think Frank needs to go back to basics!

11 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Haven't you learned anything yet about trying to second guess who we should be beating?

Yes I agree and maybe neither us or Bristol will make it, but we still (somehow?) have a better chance then most should we beat Wigan and Wednesday at PP. I don’t think I’m dreaming getting carried away, I think I’m just being realistic with a slight positive slant. Surely we all live in the eternal hope, don’t we?

25 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

If , if and not?

we now don’t need not to worry about only about Bristol, take a look in the rear view mirror.  We could be tenth by Sunday evening unless we miraculously discover how to have a shot on target that creeps into the net

i know things can turn around but have you seen anything this year to base your optimism on.

4 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Yes I agree and maybe neither us or Bristol will make it, but we still (somehow?) have a better chance then most should we beat Wigan and Wednesday at PP. I don’t think I’m dreaming getting carried away, I think I’m just being realistic with a slight positive slant. Surely we all live in the eternal hope, don’t we?

It's the hope that's the killer 

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

If , if and not?

we now don’t need not to worry about only about Bristol, take a look in the rear view mirror.  We could be tenth by Sunday evening unless we miraculously discover how to have a shot on target that creeps into the net

i know things can turn around but have you seen anything this year to base your optimism on.

Yes back in October vs West Brom, Man U and Boro. Find that form and we’ll have more than a chance. Perhaps I’m dreaming, but we should be well well out of it by now with our form in the last month. 

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

Weve got West Brom as well- although by that point in the season im hoping everything will already be decided. Also got Brentford and Shef Wed who are both only 4 points behind us. There are only 5 points between us and 15th at the moment. Very even league this year.