Tim Bucktoo

Villa v Derby

40 minutes ago, SWRam said:

Personally I think we will get spanked in this one!

It be honest I can only see this going one way. I think last night reinforced to me these lot can be intimated and aren’t up for a fight sadly. 

6 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

With Grealish back this will be another defeat. I would almost put money on it.

I would try Wisdom or Tomori at RB. Bogle has been okay but is 18 and needs a rest. 

If Grealish plays I would man mark him and rough him up ....surely Jonno has the most “bite” in that role.

If I was promoting just one U23 player too the first team squad at the moment it would be Mitchell-Lawson.Lightning quick and very direct always attacks his full back , also has a good football brain.

Been impressed everyone I have seen him.

18 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

If Grealish plays I would man mark him and rough him up ....surely Jonno has the most “bite” in that role.

Grealish would just go down under any pressure anyway resulting in us conceeding set pieces which we are terrible at. 

I would put money on villa winning. We are that bad.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

If I was promoting just one U23 player too the first team squad at the moment it would be Mitchell-Lawson.Lightning quick and very direct always attacks his full back , also has a good football brain.

Been impressed everyone I have seen him.

Get him in. This team could really do with a bit of “genuine” pace.

11 hours ago, Carnero said:

Roos

Wisdom  Keogh  Tomori  Cole

Evans   Bird

Jozefzoon   Holmes   Bennett

Waghorn

I like the look of that team ! Something needs to change somewhere . Especially in the midfield , that's been our weak spot in the recent bad run. If this is the answer I don't know but it can't be any worse . 

Been handed another lifeline. Frustrating as we should've made it comfortably into the top 6 by now (built a gap below us) but the season isn't over yet...

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Been handed another lifeline. Frustrating as we should've made it comfortably into the top 6 by now (built a gap below us) but the season isn't over yet...

Big lifeline. Hopefully it will lift the squad. Problem is Blues and Forest have dragged themselves right back into it. Those 4 home games are going to be vital to gather some momentum. But we need a positive display on Saturday 

I am going to this one, If they attack us, which I expect, then we have a chance. Jack Grealish  being back does make them better, however they are without McGinn. Villa are awful at the back and in bad form at the moment. It would be just like us to give them a clean sheet and some momentum wouldn't it. 

11 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Last win was possibly 1988 - Deano and Goddard 1-2. Great day out; great season.

Great day indeed I was there at that game, 17 years old and loving every minute of it, loved that team to bits, and Deano and Goddard was a great partnership, wish we had them two now.