Villa v Derby

North East Ram

A brave team selection by Frank. I hope it pays off.

You can see he’s hoping for a team that performs in a ‘sum greater than its parts’ fashion, and he’s also hoping the likes of Wisdom, Bird, Evans, Bennett and Jozefzoon are hungry, full of desire and ready to seize their chance.

I don’t blame him for shaking things up, but there’s an air of desperation about it at the same time.

1-0 home win would be my guess.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Differences between Hull XI and Forest XI:

Cole in for Malone (probably an upgrade)

King in for Bryson (about par)

Marriott in for Josefzoon (definitely an upgrade)

I think what you’re actually saying is that if we lose, you think we picked a bad team, and if we win you think we picked a good team.

Tbf I said I was pretty happy with the forest lineup as well... 

Win or lose, I like the changes.

Let’s face it, Brys / Nuge / Hudds are not going to be here next season. Johnson most probably also (Though he’s on the bench).

Better so say our thankyou’s now and withdraw them from the team.

Let’s give Evans and Bird a go in midfield, guarantee them a spot for the next 5 games and see what they can do.

My biggest annoyance is NOT my team losing, but watching players a few seconds off the pace, losing the ball, giving away needless freekicks (Brys / Hudds / Nuge of late).

So, lets give em a go and if they lose by a few AWAY at Villa (A bogey place for us) then let’s get on with it and get behind them in the next home match.

I would have actually liked to see JML start also, in for a penny in for a pound...

Possibly looking a bit to next season with some selections. I think 6 is too many but we’ll see.

Id have kept Waghorn in but can’t really argue with the other changes. Evans has to deliver now, as well as Jozefzoon (he deserves another chance on his recent sub appearances) big opportunity for Bird  as well, the Southampton game passed him by, hope he’s got that out the way and is confident enough to get on the ball and show what a talent he is.

Think FL as had enough with the so called big hitters in our squad for under performing so i get the changes

That said this is a massive risk given we are still in the hunt for top 6,if we were mid table it would not even be questioned.Get ready for the criticism at full time.

Injuries have not helped also but some thing needed to change and this as been a big rocket up some players behinds 

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Bookies obviously think we will use.

Think i’ll Chuck a sneaky £5 on just to make the afternoon more interesting.

94793C39-D4B1-4648-84D1-4FC8F7F8B4AC.png

We will use? Is it going to be that bad we will all be doing lines of coke come 5pm?

3 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Win or lose, I like the changes.

Let’s face it, Brys / Nuge / Hudds are not going to be here next season. Johnson most probably also (Though he’s on the bench).

I think Bryson might well be here next season, he’d be playing if not injured. Hope you’re wrong about Johnson, no way should he be here next season. Nuge and Huddlestone probably time to move on (though I’d have kept Hudds a few weeks ago)

45 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Differences between Hull XI and Forest XI:

Cole in for Malone (probably an upgrade)

King in for Bryson (about par)

Marriott in for Josefzoon (definitely an upgrade)

I think what you’re actually saying is that if we lose, you think we picked a bad team, and if we win you think we picked a good team.

No its even worse than that, sometimes before kick off he will agree with the team selection but then 90 minutes later give reasons why it was the wrong selection!

Archived