Scott Malone

Sheikh n Bake

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes; he was out injured from just after that time (no idea if co-incidence or not) but he did come back for that one game and looked really good. 

I've just looked it up and it was when we beat Feyenoord 2-1 on 7th November. 

Glad to hear it. Thank you.

That's quite a while ago now though.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: the incident on Saturday, I was far more concerned with the absolute buffet of errors leading up to Malones contribution which is essentially a knock on effect. Our full backs in general are an issue but that error came from the centre of the pitch, not out wide.

Was Malone silly? Yes ofcourse, but it’s something that we’ve all seen defenders do so many times before and I’m surprised people think on this season’s viewing Lowe would have handled it better. So the scapegoating of one over the other seems odd to me, especially because the red card appears a little harsh.

Also, you can say Malone is out of position but that’s because Davies is out of position, which pulls Forsyth out of position too (and going to stop a pass with his wrong foot) which then finds Malone stranded and having to try and get away with one. This isn’t a situation that you drop Malone and all is fine, he’s dealing with everything that came before

49 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Re: the incident on Saturday, I was far more concerned with the absolute buffet of errors leading up to Malones contribution which is essentially a knock on effect. Our full backs in general are an issue but that error came from the centre of the pitch, not out wide.

Was Malone silly? Yes ofcourse, but it’s something that we’ve all seen defenders do so many times before and I’m surprised people think on this season’s viewing Lowe would have handled it better. So the scapegoating of one over the other seems odd to me, especially because the red card appears a little harsh.

Also, you can say Malone is out of position but that’s because Davies is out of position, which pulls Forsyth out of position too (and going to stop a pass with his wrong foot) which then finds Malone stranded and having to try and get away with one. This isn’t a situation that you drop Malone and all is fine, he’s dealing with everything that came before

I've since watched the incident and it was another Curtis Davies misplaced pass that caused all of the other events to unfold. 

I won't deny that Malone was daft to get sent off. Although he's clearly trying to bust a gut to get back to help out a team mates mistake. Nobody seems to have mentioned Max Lowe being in no mans land for the second goal. But that's because its not Scott Malone. 

20 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I've since watched the incident and it was another Curtis Davies misplaced pass that caused all of the other events to unfold. 

I won't deny that Malone was daft to get sent off. Although he's clearly trying to bust a gut to get back to help out a team mates mistake. Nobody seems to have mentioned Max Lowe being in no mans land for the second goal. But that's because its not Scott Malone. 

Similar aswell to Bogle's sending off in the cup last season. Not many got on his case.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. Why must Cocu insist on getting Davies to play out from the back then?

So in play, despite his 16 years as a professional footballer, Davies is unable to make a decision on whether it's safe to play out from the back?

Time some of these players took responsibility for their actions.

Problem with the sending off and why it’s stupid is because hamer has already closed the angle down and looks to have claimed the ball. But our malone thinks it’s a good idea to just push the lad in the back and almost inviting him to make a meal off it and give them a penno. No intention of getting the ball and not that much danger. The way we play is by risk taking with full backs becoming an outlet allowing ya to overload. But with our passing from the bs k this may need raining in a bit and 

4 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Yeah but Ashley Cole would have won the ball, retained it, started an attack....run down the full length of the pitch and got on the end of a cross from waghorn and headed it in.....

?

On 23/12/2019 at 15:44, Paul71 said:

Yeah but Ashley Cole would have won the ball, retained it, started an attack....run down the full length of the pitch and got on the end of a cross from waghorn and headed it in.....

?

Or headed it wide ? a more likely scenario this season 

On 23 December 2019 at 14:34, Big Trav said:

The way we play is by risk taking with full backs becoming an outlet . But with our passing from the back this may need raining in a bit 

Correct. Without decent wingers, we rely on full backs pushing up and this can invite trouble. 

• 1 month later...

Right, possibly not a good enough reason to get him back in the team.. 

But @Inverurie Ram admit this inspiration.. To the tune of 'Good to be Back' (Gary Glitter, I know but bear with me) ...

'Malone, Malone... Good to be back.. Good to be back.... Malone Malone.. 

Did you miss me (yeh) when I was away, did you hang my picture on your wall.... 

Malone, Malone... Good to be back..' 

God it fits....the sentiments are stretching it...but we can't have everything now can we. 

Off for a lie down after all that inspiration. 

Archived