Scott Malone

Sheikh n Bake

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

No need for the air of superiority because we're English either, but crack on.

We don't agree, and that's fine. We don't need to.

There’s nothing to disagree on - there isn’t a study on the planet that agrees that shouting at people positively motivates them. 

But we are superior ????

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Which one was that?

About someone travelling from Scandinavia or somesuch place being out of pocket because a Derby match was move for TV.

I asked how he could be sure the specified amount spent was accurate and he put on Twitter some snotty post with my name in it saying how it had been checked. The figure went on to be reduced in later versions of the story to considerably less than the original sensationalist headline. 

• 2 months later...
Just now, Nick_Ram said:

It's just a coincidence that we get better results when Malone plays... exactly the same as last season. 

Out of Lowe’s 5 games, only one has been at home which we won. We haven’t been great on the road this season, after the opening game we have failed to win any games, maybe had more of Lowe’s games been at home he would have more wins under his belt.

Will say it again, we didn’t lose tonight because of Lowe and very harsh to be throwing this out there at full time.

1 minute ago, David said:

Out of Lowe’s 5 games, only one has been at home which we won. We haven’t been great on the road this season, after the opening game we have failed to win any games, maybe had more of Lowe’s games been at home he would have more wins under his belt.

Will say it again, we didn’t lose tonight because of Lowe and very harsh to be throwing this out there at full time.

On the flip side, you could say that we haven't been great with Max Lowe starting at left back and actually has nothing to do with playing away from home. Malone has played 4 away games only losing 1.

People chose to ignore these stats last year and thought they were irrelevant, which is fine I can't force my opinion on anyone. However, we are showing similar form this season and I genuinely don't think its just a coincidence. 

13 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

On the flip side, you could say that we haven't been great with Max Lowe starting at left back and actually has nothing to do with playing away from home. Malone has played 4 away games only losing 1.

People chose to ignore these stats last year and thought they were irrelevant, which is fine I can't force my opinion on anyone. However, we are showing similar form this season and I genuinely don't think its just a coincidence. 

Do you think we would have drew or won tonight had Malone played instead of Lowe?

I’m not saying Malone should have played tonight, Lowe is there on merit at the minute like Malone was earlier in the season

BUT

In a game where the oppositions tactics is to squeeze the centre of the pitch to stop our attack it is then vital for the full backs to get forward into the wide spaces and deliver quality into the box and him and Bogle didn’t do that enough tonight. A lot of the time they needed too many touches which let the defence set themselves and stop the danger

Again I’m not saying anyone needs dropping or looking to point fingers at specific individuals, that some fans seem obsessed by, but it was something I picked on tonight of something we need to be more effective with.

Lowe is a better player than Malone, however there are faults in his game.

firstly - a lack of concentration. Players often run in on his blind side or beat him at the far post.

second - a tendency to stroll about,

leeds at home last season showed both. For their first goal he loses the ball and trots back instead of busting a gut. For the later goals its the far post syndrome.

v Preston Fozzy was talking him through the game and he played well.

V Fulham he shows a lack of determination to stop the cross for the first, and is presumably caught upfield for the third.

On the positive side, he has a calmness and a good touch. He’s not exactly a Steve Buckley. I can’t quite imagine him hitting the target from 25 yards or thumping into someone with a crunching tackle.

But we seem to ask an awful lot of the full backs. We expect them to drive us forward and be the primary source of creativity on the flanks. We also expect them to defend and not leave any gaps.

Give him a winger to support and we could see him develop nicely. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived