Nick_Ram

Scott Malone

11 hours ago, rynny said:

If I give abuse back to customers when I get any then I would be sacked. Luckily I have self control when it comes to interacting with people who want to swear and hurl abuse at me. Shame Scott can't. 

but are we just customers?  We are supporters who really want the shop staff to perform to their best ability.  It's not like he can be sacked or we can choose a different shop is it. 

I just can see this turning out badly, there are a number of vocal critics of him and based on confirmation bias they will now jump on everything he does wrong even if he hasn't made a mistake.  No idea what the solution is but it is unlikely that we will see him at PP in the near future.  It will be interesting to see what Cocu does about this.  C is certainly his 'own man' and he may just stick with his game plan.  I think it will be very hard for Scott to play on Saturday

They are footballers, humans, they are not offering a service. The very least they should expect is support from their own fans. I don't care if a player gives abuse back, as a fan you aren't doing your role and you really need to grow up. Don't give if you can't take. It isn't wise from Malone but you want passionate players. 

Did he deliberately get it wrong? Was he not trying? Support him. Malone is not a bad player. 

Derby are far from the only club this happens, just a trait in modern society. 

How can anyone condone Malone turning his back on the actual game he’s paid to do in order to retaliate to the crowd? Why not just wait till half time or full time if he’s that wound up, rather than in the middle of the pigging game?

Shows poor mentality to go off like that, especially right infront of Cocu.  

The more I see the reaction the more I like Malone for doing it. 

'ave some back!! 

Too many people say stuff they wouldn't say if they didn't feel safe in a crowd, behind a steering wheel or on the phone and internet. 

They can't even take being told to feck off without crying. Imagine if they had to stand in front of him and repeat it. 

The only person that has a right to be annoyed by his reaction is Cocu. He might want a player who can focus on his job rather than be influenced by a crowd. 

Don't even rate him but I hope he plays Saturday and scores the winner and celebrates by cupping his ear. Watch all the dummies come out then 😫 👶

12 hours ago, rynny said:

If I give abuse back to customers when I get any then I would be sacked. Luckily I have self control when it comes to interacting with people who want to swear and hurl abuse at me. Shame Scott can't. 

They likely only give you abuse because they feel safe in the knowledge you can't give it back. 

I think you should be free to give it them back. 

You see them as customers but really they should be Bamfords banned from where you work and sent to fight ISIS. 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The more I see the reaction the more I like Malone for doing it. 

He's in the wrong job. He's gonna get more than he got from the crowd from opposing players.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's in the wrong job. He's gonna get more than he got from the crowd from opposing players.

He would expect it from opponents. Probably didn't expect his own fans to be against him.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

He would expect it from opponents. Probably didn't expect his own fans to be against him.

He's played for us enough times. I bet he's been the same whoever he's played for.

Anyway, he's gonna have to get used to it because there's lots of fans who aren't fans of his. Not nice but that's how it is.

Edited by RoyMac5

Genuinely have no issue with him giving it back to fans. The amount of abuse footballers must hear is understandably going to touch a nerve. Its  shocking that grown men and women think because they have paid their money they are now out of the norms of society. If he plays well then it isn't an issue. However any fan who complains about it needs to grow up a bit. If you are giving a player abuse when you are not a professional footballer and then get upset by them biting back then you have one of the following issues: 

1. Sense of Humour failure 

2. Get upset by the phone ringing in your house and say out loud "who is this calling at this time?" 

3. have forgotten some of the real dross we had over the years. 

Having said that having played semi-pro and been given my fair share of stick over the years, the best thing you can do is actually smile at those abusing you, or even go the whole hog and deliver the Sam Allardyce style laugh he gave to Chico Flores if you remember. Admittedly this was more for the opposition fans who used witty remarks about my looks, family and sexual preference having not seen my family tree or Tinder page... 

For the record I think Malone is ok. I don't think he's a great left back but does have energy and has played well. His mistakes last game however were avoidable and is all down to decision making that frankly as a professional you cannot be making. Real school boy stuff. 

He either knuckles down and gives everything in training giving himself the best possible chance of starting Saturday, otherwise he could be dropped with Shinnie coming in and being given a go. I think the latter is unlikely however and he'll be given another chance. 

2 hours ago, BondJovi said:

They are footballers, humans, they are not offering a service. The very least they should expect is support from their own fans. I don't care if a player gives abuse back, as a fan you aren't doing your role and you really need to grow up. Don't give if you can't take. It isn't wise from Malone but you want passionate players. 

Did he deliberately get it wrong? Was he not trying? Support him. Malone is not a bad player. 

Derby are far from the only club this happens, just a trait in modern society. 

Sorry but footballers are offering a service - its part of the entertainment industry. What other end product is there? They are not just playing for themselves and their remuneration is based on the fact that football is in demand , people want to watch it. I won't boo or abuse Malone ( or any of our players ) but I can say objectively that I do not find him a good player to watch because his mistakes matter. My support for the team does not mean I have to rate Malone as a good player. In fact he consistently disappoints. 

Many of us in our jobs find ourselves evaluated by the people we do the job for  -  teachers,doctors, policemen are rated by the public. We can expect support from the people we serve but not if we consistently do the job poorly.

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

but are we just customers?  We are supporters who really want the shop staff to perform to their best ability.  It's not like he can be sacked or we can choose a different shop is it. 

I just can see this turning out badly, there are a number of vocal critics of him and based on confirmation bias they will now jump on everything he does wrong even if he hasn't made a mistake.  No idea what the solution is but it is unlikely that we will see him at PP in the near future.  It will be interesting to see what Cocu does about this.  C is certainly his 'own man' and he may just stick with his game plan.  I think it will be very hard for Scott to play on Saturday

Doesn't every customer want the person serving them to perform their best? I don't go into a shop and expect the staff member to half arsed, drop whatever I am buying, give away the last item in the shop to someone else when I have given it to them to buy. And in my job if I messed up something and told that I have, or even if I haven't messed up but they believe I have, I'm not going to turn round and argue with them, no matter what. 

It is the same on the football pitch, i dont argue with team mates, supporters, people on the touchline etc, if I have done something they are not happy about, I don't feel the need to swear at them, tell them where to go. I've been in teams where I've not got on with players, who criticise everything, gave abuse, called me poo etc and it made more determined to play even better, not turn round and call them poo, tell them to duck off, it is easy to ignore them, especially when we have had 2 games at home this season and both of them Malone has given abuse to our fans. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

They likely only give you abuse because they feel safe in the knowledge you can't give it back. 

I think you should be free to give it them back. 

You see them as customers but really they should be Bamfords banned from where you work and sent to fight ISIS. 

Maybe so but even if I was allowed I still wouldn't. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think in sport you want abuse and hate from opponents. It means your doing something right. 

From fans of the club you're representing it's a bit different. 

From fans who are asking him to pass forward while there's no teammate there and he's visibly frustrated by the lack of options I can see why he gave them some back.

He's not leaped into the crowd in a rage. He's not downed tools. He's gave them a bit back. Something he does to opposition fans and players. He was loving the spying goggles at Elland Road. He's a fiery guy. 

47 minutes ago, rynny said:

Doesn't every customer want the person serving them to perform their best? I don't go into a shop and expect the staff member to half arsed, drop whatever I am buying, give away the last item in the shop to someone else when I have given it to them to buy. And in my job if I messed up something and told that I have, or even if I haven't messed up but they believe I have, I'm not going to turn round and argue with them, no matter what. 

It is the same on the football pitch, i dont argue with team mates, supporters, people on the touchline etc, if I have done something they are not happy about, I don't feel the need to swear at them, tell them where to go. I've been in teams where I've not got on with players, who criticise everything, gave abuse, called me poo etc and it made more determined to play even better, not turn round and call them poo, tell them to duck off, it is easy to ignore them, especially when we have had 2 games at home this season and both of them Malone has given abuse to our fans. 

Maybe so but even if I was allowed I still wouldn't. 

I am now convinced that shouting abuse at our own players is acceptable and totally effective

30 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I am now convinced that shouting abuse at our own players is acceptable and totally effective

But I'm not condoning that.