Scott Malone

Sheikh n Bake

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, rynny said:

If I give abuse back to customers when I get any then I would be sacked. Luckily I have self control when it comes to interacting with people who want to swear and hurl abuse at me. Shame Scott can't. 

If I was Malone I'd give plenty back to the fans. The ones who constantly whinge and moan at every slight error (or even a perfectly reasonable pass) deserve it.

The only difference is I'd do it with a smirk on my face, knowing any of them would give their left, right or both arms to swap places. 

Then I'd lose the ball on purpose, just to pee them off.

6 hours ago, nottingram said:

On the contrary I would argue that fans who whinge at him for aimless hoofs, and fans who whinge at him for turning and playing a safe pass sideways may have played a significant part in his decision to take an unnecessary risk on the ball yesterday.

Yes as an experienced player he should perhaps not let it affect him but he is a human. Wonder if he had a bad relationship with the fans at some of his other clubs, or whether it is perhaps our fans that are the issue.

Would you start giving it back to your boss after he'd started grumbling about your standard of work. Pretty career limiting action. 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Would you start giving it back to your boss after he'd started grumbling about your standard of work. Pretty career limiting action. 

The fans aren’t the boss? If Cocu wasn’t happy with Malone I expect they’d speak to each other about it like adults. If Malone tells Cocu to duck off then I would suggest he is showing a lack of respect to his boss. Telling the fans to duck off when they are being negative isn’t an issue for me as they should be there to support. If player feels they aren’t then I think he is within his rights to answer that back

Just now, nottingram said:

The fans aren’t the boss? If Cocu wasn’t happy with Malone I expect they’d speak to each other about it like adults. If Malone tells Cocu to duck off then I would suggest he is showing a lack of respect to his boss. Telling the fans to duck off when they are being negative isn’t an issue for me as they should be there to support. If player feels they aren’t then I think he is within his rights to answer that back

I remember a quote in The Damned United when Sam Longson put Brian Clough straight about his position in the club when he told him that the Chairman is the most important person in a club then Directors then the fans then so on right down to the manager at the bottom of the pile.

If you're giving the fans the bird then it can realistically only end up one way for you.

Totally fed up with this Scott isn’t good thing

total rubbish. He made a bad error last night, two actually, the second when he was trying too hard to make up for the first. So what ? .. Waggy miscontrolled a peach of a ball, Lawrence tripped over his feet, Dowell did at least 3 lousy short passes. 

Scotty, is always available, his positioning is usually very good. He can cross better than most, he plays the ball with his first touch and speeds our movement considerably. And above all he wears his heart on his sleeve. FFS lay off him, he’s a good player and gives his all. 

For those who can’t see the good he brings to the team then I honestly doubt your football intelligence ( IMO ?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I remember a quote in The Damned United when Sam Longson put Brian Clough straight about his position in the club when he told him that the Chairman is the most important person in a club then Directors then the fans then so on right down to the manager at the bottom of the pile.

If you're giving the fans the bird then it can realistically only end up one way for you.

Well I’m pretty sure we’re not going to agree. If a player has felt the need to react to the support or lack thereof I think there needs to be a little bit of introspection on the fans side, personally. Having witnessed the way some of our supporters are I would err on the side of the player. Audible groans don’t help anyone and I don’t understand why it happens!

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If it happened in a film, it must be true!

I expect this to upset a few, but it makes me laugh when fans think they're of massive importance. You're just a number. Your number is your fan ID. You're worth your value of your season ticket to the club; which is probably less than a day of Scott Malone's wages. You're replaceable. If you didn't go to the game, nothing would change. That's the reality. Man City arn't the best team in England because of their fans.

1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

I expect this to upset a few, but it makes me laugh when fans think they're of massive importance. You're just a number. Your number is your fan ID. You're worth your value of your season ticket to the club; which is probably less than a day of Scott Malone's wages. You're replaceable. If you didn't go to the game, nothing would change. That's the reality. Man City arn't the best team in England because of their fans.

It was the book by David Peace but have seen the film after that as well.

2 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Wrong.

Players, Managers, Owners take on the fans , theres only one winner. Always. 

1 minute ago, BobbyD said:

Wrong.

Players, Managers, Owners take on the fans , theres only one winner. Always. 

Depends on your definition of winning. 

Players being dropped to the U23s are still getting paid by your season ticket money.

Managers getting the sack normally get quite a healthy pay out with your season ticket money.

Owners rarely win anything in football. 

22 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

2 things - 1 . If there were no fans there would no club so arguably the fans are one of the most important parts of the club 2.  Based off that flawed logic which sees individuals as worthless , you could argue most people on the planet are worthless if they don't drastically alter things themselves , when groups of people together can make a difference , and individuals make up a fan base. If many people decide to not go to games of course things will change, I'm not saying that will happen but I wouldn't dismiss fans as just an ID number. I don't think of myself as important as a fan but at the same time the club wouldn't exist without a fan base , and as a fan you are part of a wider group. Also there is more ways of measuring value than simply economic value as well, value is different for different people.

A few observations I've made through the years(all in my opinion). 

Derby fans are some of the most passionate, historic, vocal folks connected to the game. And this is a wonderful thing for club, Midlands, and Country at large. 

Some Derby fans have been sliding to the edge of silliness in regard to expectation. I don't completely blame the fans. Some folks will always be pie-in-the-sky, but I've seen a shift from the more moderate fan expecting so very much out of every player, every side, every manager. I blame the formation of the Premier League. 

Before the Premier League...well into the mid 80's, financial disparity was understandable (I will link an old Daily mail article for reference, but I'm sure more recent data is available...I'm just being lazy). Mind The Gap

My main concern is the year over year change the game has seen and the response given from the decision makers in the sport (bigger audiences, bigger expectations, bigger expenses). It's becoming out of control, and is seeping its way into the way supporters view their team. 

We now seem to think sacking a manager after only a few months is the way forward, we look at a loan-ee and expect them to be top class the moment a ball touches his boots, we expect significant improvement in short spans of time (my definition of short is within two years...I think it takes two/three years to even start expecting a semblance of change).

The money in the game has basically come to make us expect too much too soon. It may be clicheced, but, for me, it's not the destination...it's the journey.  Yes, I want Derby to get promotion, I think they deserve to be back in Division 1! but I am willing to let the team build, let the players find a footing. We are Derby...and Derby are a championship team that needs to take its time. Derby can't buy its way in (as we've been conditioned to think is the only way).

Let's do something crazy!  Let's love our team, warts and all. When we get to that next level (be it this year or some time in the next 10), we will revel in being there on merit, as a group, as a united team and fan base. Best to all. I need to sleep. 

coyr

16 minutes ago, Hanny said:

A few observations I've made through the years(all in my opinion). 

Derby fans are some of the most passionate, historic, vocal folks connected to the game. And this is a wonderful thing for club, Midlands, and Country at large. 

Some Derby fans have been sliding to the edge of silliness in regard to expectation. I don't completely blame the fans. Some folks will always be pie-in-the-sky, but I've seen a shift from the more moderate fan expecting so very much out of every player, every side, every manager. I blame the formation of the Premier League. 

Before the Premier League...well into the mid 80's, financial disparity was understandable (I will link an old Daily mail article for reference, but I'm sure more recent data is available...I'm just being lazy). Mind The Gap

My main concern is the year over year change the game has seen and the response given from the decision makers in the sport (bigger audiences, bigger expectations, bigger expenses). It's becoming out of control, and is seeping its way into the way supporters view their team. 

We now seem to think sacking a manager after only a few months is the way forward, we look at a loan-ee and expect them to be top class the moment a ball touches his boots, we expect significant improvement in short spans of time (my definition of short is within two years...I think it takes two/three years to even start expecting a semblance of change).

The money in the game has basically come to make us expect too much too soon. It may be clicheced, but, for me, it's not the destination...it's the journey.  Yes, I want Derby to get promotion, I think they deserve to be back in Division 1! but I am willing to let the team build, let the players find a footing. We are Derby...and Derby are a championship team that needs to take its time. Derby can't buy its way in (as we've been conditioned to think is the only way).

Let's do something crazy!  Let's love our team, warts and all. When we get to that next level (be it this year or some time in the next 10), we will revel in being there on merit, as a group, as a united team and fan base. Best to all. I need to sleep. 

coyr

Which is why I really enjoy the Championship. Fans younger than me (I'm nearly 60) won't understand this, but the days of winning the old First Division are virtually over unless you are one of the big teams (unfortunately).

On a totally selfish point, it would also mean I would hardly ever get to see a game if we were in the Prem., as the away tickets would be almost impossible to buy, (I live over 100 miles from Derby and generally go to away games).

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

He isnt the first and he wont be the last to give it back to the crowd and i say good for him.Which ever way you look at it it is abuse and it does not matter how much he is paid.He DID NOT cost us the game,We had plenty of time to win the game if more of our players had been playing to form playing to form.We even have somebody posting that because Malones car is dirty makes him a bad player lol lol 

6 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

He isnt the first and he wont be the last to give it back to the crowd and i say good for him.Which ever way you look at it it is abuse and it does not matter how much he is paid.He DID NOT cost us the game,We had plenty of time to win the game if more of our players had been playing to form playing to form.We even have somebody posting that because Malones car is dirty makes him a bad player lol lol 

Why is a crowd grumbling and moaning at someone classified as abuse? Someone feeding back their dissatisfaction and verbal abuse are two absolutely totally separate things and should not be mixed up as such in order to provide weight to an argument.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Only malone's any good are Bugsy and malone's the butchers ...

How can you forget Sam Malone???

Archived