Scott Malone

Sheikh n Bake

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are missing Forsyth more in my opinion. Teams are putting their fast wingers on our full backs and just running at them because they know they can’t defend 1 v 1, like Lolley today. Forsyth is a good 1 v1 player most of the time. The only area you could generally criticise Forsyth on is his passing and crossing but even then, he’s still one of the highest assisting players in the team this season, even though he’s been injured half the season.

I haven't been that convinced with Malone tbh, he's looked far from being one of our most solid players IMO. I'm not sure what I should expect from a 3 million pound Championship player anymore. That used to be a pretty good fee for a good player at this level. Now we've got 7.5 mill worth of fullbacks sat on the bench who haven't looked good enough for some time. Mind blowing. 

As for Cole, he looked all of 38 years old tonight. At times he looked a different level but he was chasing shadows all night vs Lolley. Bit of an embarrassing night for him. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I haven't been that convinced with Malone tbh, he's looked far from being one of our most solid players IMO. I'm not sure what I should expect from a 3 million pound Championship player anymore. That used to be a pretty good fee for a good player at this level. Now we've got 7.5 mill worth of fullbacks sat on the bench who haven't looked good enough for some time. Mind blowing. 

As for Cole, he looked all of 38 years old tonight. At times he looked a different level but he was chasing shadows all night vs Lolley. Bit of an embarrassing night for him. 

Really? I thought Cole looked good. Decent runner and did some good stuff.

Just now, Davide said:

Really? I thought Cole looked good. Decent runner and did some good stuff.

His best bits were going forward, some good runs that lacked decent service. 

Defensively, Joe Lolley turned him inside out; three, four times? Not the left back I remember keeping the worlds best wingers at bay, as expected at 38 years of age. 

Cole was decent tonight. Lolley has progressed into a good Championship player and what did he actually do tonight? He didn't get much change out of Cole, that's for certain.

Malone isn't a bad player, either, but the price we paid once again has me questioning our scouting department. 

Ashley seems fitter and more composed than most. Think as old and rusty as he may be; he is more than capable to jump straight into this team. 

Dont feel like it’s a swipe at Malone; it’s not. Cole has had a stellar career, and hasn’t diminished in his abilities *that* much from what I’ve seen. 

8 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Anyone know why we've dropped him for Ashley Cole? IMO, he's been one of our most solid players this season. Haven't seen anything to suggest Cole warrants dropping him for Malone either. 

One word I would not use to describe Malone is solid.

Looks good going forward but is pretty terrible defensively. 

Thought Cole was poor last night personally, Lolley had the beating of him most of the night.

If Malone had played last night Lolley would have had much more joy than he did vs Cile. Yes Lolley beat Cole a couple of times which you would expect with the pace he has but positionally Cole was quality. He closed the spaces & angles much better than Malone does. Malone would have been that out of position Lolley would have had the freedom of Nottingham

15 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

His best bits were going forward, some good runs that lacked decent service. 

Defensively, Joe Lolley turned him inside out; three, four times? Not the left back I remember keeping the worlds best wingers at bay, as expected at 38 years of age. 

I remember Cole getting at least two good tackles in on the wide player to stop a cross - makes a change.

Archived