Behind the scenes

Big Trav

Something is happening 100%. We don’t go from playing as a team to today where Wilson was having a go at people and just generally looked negative. Franks seemed to lost his passion that he had at the start and just says the same s#1t every week how we didn’t turn up and the championship is a tough league bla bla bla. Someone needs to do a leeds and see what these players are doing in training because they look absolutely done with the club. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we just allowed performances to slip?

many games, like Swansea at home for example, we did all the good stuff we are capable of and then after an hour we started grinding the game out and it nearly cost us.

Since then we’ve allowed it to creep in more and more. Villa, Forest at home.... it kept coming.

It didn’t start vs Swansea. We’ve had it in us all season. But the discipline and game management have been dodgy all season. When we pulled through with results we didn’t address it. We still kept doing these ridiculous Hollywood through balls and trying to be clever. Players getting carried away and playing on their own terms. 

Well, now they’ve broken the team. Only Keogh and Tomori work selflessly game after game. Sticking to the plan. 

But if someone wants a bit of drama then whatever. Mel has sold us out and Frank has agreed to go to Chelsea?

6 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Said this on a different thread do you think the players out of contract this season have an idea a new one will not be issued also

We are so poor at the moment FL needs to have a good look at his style and tactics

I doubt it. They should want to play harder when the contracts are running out. Looking poo live on Sky Sports isn’t going to put you in a good position in June

7 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Said this on a different thread do you think the players out of contract this season have an idea a new one will not be issued also

We are so poor at the moment FL needs to have a good look at his style and tactics

If that’s the case then those players should be released immediately. Most normal players would be performing better to guarantee a new contract. I don’t think that’s the main issue though 

Just now, McLovin said:

If that’s the case then those players should be released immediately. Most normal players would be performing better to guarantee a new contract. I don’t think that’s the main issue though 

Yes a few months ago i would of agreed with you,however football is so different these days when you have players on 20-30 grand a week do they really give a damm.These last 5 performances have been utter dross,were becoming an embarrassment 

10 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Something is happening 100%. We don’t go from playing as a team to today where Wilson was having a go at people and just generally looked negative. Franks seemed to lost his passion that he had at the start and just says the same s#1t every week how we didn’t turn up and the championship is a tough league bla bla bla. Someone needs to do a leeds and see what these players are doing in training because they look absolutely done with the club. 

He's been like that for a few weeks now because he keeps getting into little pockets of space and some of our players have been bottling the passes to him. It must be a nightmare to play as an attacking midfielder when nobody behind you with the exception of Huddlestone has the bottle to make riskier central passes forward.

Honestly the worst thing about us missing Mount is that our link-up play in the center of the park has disappeared completely. We used to have nice little one-twos between any of Marriott, Wilson, Mount, Waghorn and Lawrence, which has all but disappeared since MM's injury. Clearly he was the catalyst for all of it and the only one willing to make those forward passes.

I don't think there's anything going on. Performances like that have been happening since November. A lack of professionalism all round is costing us. Nobody is performing, from the management team to the players. 

No internal issues, no February curse, no Frank is a novice.. just a bunch of men not doing their jobs. 

Already said on another thread I reckon Mel's selling up. Maybe players are not putting in 100% because they don't want to get injured in case they'll be moving clubs and they feel everything is up in the air? I sound loopy but nothing surprises me anymore, football is a business at the end of the day.

Seems like players are playing as individuals hence why the cup games against premier league we mostly came alive due to the spotlight being on us more. Then back to normal and we just don't look bothered.

Reading into it too much IMO, we're just not performing at the moment. It will happen. I just hope next season even if the end result is the same we reverse the status quo and start the season looking like we couldn't hit a cow's back side with a banjo and then finish strongly. As opposed to getting our hopes up by sitting on the shoulders of the top 2 and then a nosedive in form around the turn of the year and limping across the line - getting emotionally draining now. 

3 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Reading into it too much IMO, we're just not performing at the moment. It will happen. I just hope next season even if the end result is the same we reverse the status quo and start the season looking like we couldn't hit a cow's back side with a banjo and then finish strongly. As opposed to getting our hopes up by sitting on the shoulders of the top 2 and then a nosedive in form around the turn of the year and limping across the line - getting emotionally draining now. 

I would take that!

55 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

You say a lot on different threads. Perhaps u should start sewing?

Archived