Sack Frank

DCFC27

The problem is that because FL first management position was with a club where expectations run high, every thing good or bad gets amplified.

We are in a slump because of the injuries that we have collected, young players cannot be expected to keep performance levels, at very high levels, through an entire season, especially with two half decent runs in the cup.  When there is that much matches to play, prussure to perform, something has to give.  What gives can be physical or mental, hamstring, loss of confidence, dip in form.  Happens to everyone, regardless. 

What is needed, has already been asked by Frank, they need the fans to get behind them. 

So, for those that this applies to, the next time you are there and a player makes an error, instead of booing, just stop and imagine it is your son/daughter/partner/best friend.  Would you boo, or would you try and find a way to support them?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I don't recall there having been many people on the forum when we appointed Lampard saying promotion was a must - I don't even remember many saying top 6 was a must this season

Yet now, everyone is up in arms because we're not challenging for promotion

People have very short memories

I was one, and I'll still be happy with a finish in the top 8, because overall the football has improved and Frank

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

What is needed, has already been asked by Frank, they need the fans to get behind them. 

So, for those that this applies to, the next time you are there and a player makes an error, instead of booing, just stop and imagine it is your son/daughter/partner/best friend.  Would you boo, or would you try and find a way to support them?

The fans dont often boo individual errors. They boo because they pay a lot of money to go and watch a team of strangers who look like they have not played a game of football before get well beaten by some pretty poor opposition in recent weeks with not even a sign of any kind of fightback.

There are no fans on earth who are going to be cheering and getting behind the team if you dont give them anything yo cheer about . Maybe if we start attacking again the fans can start getting behind the team again. Hard to start backing them when all we do every game is tip tap across the back or concede goals.

If they cant handle the heat they should stay out of the kitchen. If your thousands of pounds of compensation every week arent enough for you to stand a few fans being mean to you find another career.

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

The problem is that because FL first management position was with a club where expectations run high, every thing good or bad gets amplified.

We are in a slump because of the injuries that we have collected, young players cannot be expected to keep performance levels, at very high levels, through an entire season, especially with two half decent runs in the cup.  When there is that much matches to play, prussure to perform, something has to give.  What gives can be physical or mental, hamstring, loss of confidence, dip in form.  Happens to everyone, regardless. 

Blaming the fans for the poor performances is pretty low to be frank. The main problem has been too much tinkering and very little game plan. Against Villa twice this season we have set up negatively and been slaughtered. That's poor management.

On 05/03/2019 at 15:42, KCG said:

Blaming the fans for the poor performances is pretty low to be frank. The main problem has been too much tinkering and very little game plan. Against Villa twice this season we have set up negatively and been slaughtered. That's poor management.

Stop making stuff up.  Where did I blame the fans?  If you actually read what is written, you might understand.

Yes, some decisions have been poor.  We employed a rookie, get over it.  Either get behind the team, or stop going.

Give the guy a chance to build his squad, and learn as he goes - we brought him in as a project - an exciting one at that - but surely its a project that will give him time to develop as well as the players he brings in over 1-2 seasons. If we sack him now it makes zero sense - projects take time to develop. And if Mel sells the new owners will have no issue having him as manager that will be a cert..

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Give the guy a chance to build his squad, and learn as he goes - we brought him in as a project - an exciting one at that - but surely its a project that will give him time to develop as well as the players he brings in over 1-2 seasons. If we sack him now it makes zero sense - projects take time to develop. And if Mel sells the new owners will have no issue having him as manager that will be a cert..

I’m willing to bet frank being at the helm would probably be a decent incentive to entice a buyer, not that I am not happy with mel Morris and hoping he is around to get the success he deserves for his investment 

I like the idea of beating Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 or 1-0. In fact given the chance of a top six finish might increase with a draw. ...I'd take that too...Leeds will beat Bristol. 

A pragmatic manager like Fergie or anyone would set up to be 0-0 at half time. Our club captain and star centre back is out for the season. Yes how managers deal with injuries is part of the game...their game that is. However my gut feeling is that Frank likes his full backs to play higher up the pitch...to attack more. with Bradders in midfield this works for us. 

Wigan game showed the pot is still boiling. Coming back from 0-1 down was good.  

Sheff Weds will be more worried about stopping our (exciting) team playing ?  Sure they just drew 0-0 with Sheff Utd.

We drew 0-0 with leaders Norwich. So win or draw we are back in the top six. Yes we conceded 7 goals vs villa over two games. But table says we have more points in the bag than them.  

This is a steady as she goes post x

Lets enjoy Frank learning his trade. 

nobody wants a loss this weekend.

FL and Co most of all !!! 

On 07/03/2019 at 10:04, McRamFan said:

Stop making stuff up.  Where did I blame the fans?  If you actually read what is written, you might understand.

Yes, some decisions have been poor.  We employed a rookie, get over it.  Either get behind the team, or stop going.

see you all in BAR SPORT tommorrow

Archived