There’s always next year

North East Ram

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, superzak said:

The game is about scoring goals. We have played 3 very bad teams in Ipswich...Millwall ..and Forest and we have mustered 2 shots on target...thats not entertainment

Hugely important point. We've been utter dross recently because our attackers are terrible, we really should be winning all 3 of those games if we want to go for playoffs, and yet we are so poor in the final third we can't break any of these teams down.

1 minute ago, superzak said:

The game is about scoring goals. We have played 3 very bad teams in Ipswich...Millwall ..and Forest and we have mustered 2 shots on target...thats not entertainment

Agreed and the Ipswich goal was a massive deflection

Things are only going to get worse i think no sign of Mount back yet,looks like King is out for a while and Huddlestone dragged off at half time again

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Hugely important point. We've been utter dross recently because our attackers are terrible, we really should be winning all 3 of those games if we want to go for playoffs, and yet we are so poor in the final third we can't break any of these teams down.

Our attackers aren't terrible the midfield is the terrible part, we have no creativity without Mount and even with Mount we create hardly any clear cut chances. I would like to see us be more pragmatic and versatile next season instead of having light weight dwarfs upfront who get pushed to the ground by a centre back's Fart. I would like to see us sign a target man with good aerial ability and strength to hold up the ball, to help get the best of the smaller and more diminutive wingers and attacking midfielders we have., and give us the option of just lumping it long against teams that sit deep and then be able to win all the scraps from the knock downs. I also think we need an out and out ball winner in midfield with the ability to start attacks quickly and sharply,  not one of our holding midfielder's are anywhere good enough for my liking. 

Just now, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Our attackers aren't terrible

Don't agree. Waghorn offers little to nothing, he runs about a bit without any final ball, Marriott can score tap ins, but offers nothing in all round play, then you look at our wingers, and they all offer nothing. Our centre halves are more creative than our attack.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Don't agree. Waghorn offers little to nothing, he runs about a bit without any final ball, Marriott can score tap ins, but offers nothing in all round play, then you look at our wingers, and they all offer nothing. Our centre halves are more creative than our attack.

So you are seriously trying to say Wilson, Jozefoon , Marriott , and Waghorn are terrible?! For this level they are as good as we will get, obviously we need a strong striker who can hold the ball up to compliment them  but they are far from terrible Marriott would score over 20 goals in a team that created the chances , Jozefoon hasn't been given the chances and Waghorn  has been played mostly out of position yet has still managed a decent amount of goals despite his game time. The terrible players IMO are, Bogle, Johnson, Bryson, Huddlestone and also Nugent recently.

3 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

So you are seriously trying to say Wilson, Jozefoon , Marriott , and Waghorn are terrible?! For this level they are as good as we will get, obviously we need a strong striker who can hold the ball up to compliment them  but they are far from terrible Marriott would score over 20 goals in a team that created the chances , Jozefoon hasn't been given the chances and Waghorn  has been played mostly out of position yet has still managed a decent amount of goals despite his game time. The terrible players IMO are, Bogle, Johnson, Bryson, Huddlestone and also Nugent recently.

If they're such good players, why can't they create anything? Wilson has a good shot on him, but not much else. I don't see the point in Josefzoon, Waghorn is extremely wasteful as he was today, and Marriott is good at scoring tap ins when he gets them but doesn't offer much in all round play. 

Really interested to see who we line up with the opening game of next season. Personally I'd have Keogh on the teamsheet, Carson/Roos (either or) and Marriott and the rest as "TBC". For saying this is the transition season I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 or 8 new first team players next season and then that kicks off next season as the transition season numero dos.

2 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Really interested to see who we line up with the opening game of next season. Personally I'd have Keogh on the teamsheet, Carson/Roos (either or) and Marriott and the rest as "TBC". For saying this is the transition season I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 or 8 new first team players next season and then that kicks off next season as the transition season numero dos.

I’m not thinking of next season, I’m more interested in the season after that. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If they're such good players, why can't they create anything? Wilson has a good shot on him, but not much else. I don't see the point in Josefzoon, Waghorn is extremely wasteful as he was today, and Marriott is good at scoring tap ins when he gets them but doesn't offer much in all round play. 

I'm not arguing they are such good players, but they are far from bad championship players, they are slightly above average , with Marriott being a top striker at this level, he just needs to play in a decent team and one that plays to his strengths by hitting teams on the counter instead of fuking around with the ball with pointless possession.

Our midfield is unable or unwilling to drive the team forward. We could buy a thirty goal a season striker but without a good midfield to supply him with decent opportunities to score, any forward would struggle to score.

As the season seems to be petering out with some poor performances and it looks more likely we'll finish outside the top six. I think we need to thank the loan players for their efforts, drop the players who will be out of contract or not wanted next season and blood some of our young u21 players in the first team. To see who are capable of performing in this division in readiness for next season.

8 hours ago, DerpyDane said:

I went over our results in January and February from the last 4 seasons and here's the staggering stats:

8 wins, 14 draws, 15 losses. 38 points in 37 matches. 39 goals scored and 47 conceded. That's almost worthy of relegation.

Why do we stop playing at the turn of the year?

It has to be the (type of) players they are the only constant, panicky defence fronted by a negative midfield 

11 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We all would have taken top 10 at the start of season, and we all expected Lampard to go on a slump at some point.... whats changed now ?

Most people would have taken that providing that we saw a positive improvement of the style of football. If we were free flowing and played an exciting brand of football like we did with McClaren in his first spell but didn’t quite get the results, questions wouldn’t have been asked about Lampard. We seem to getting worse as the season goes on both in the style and the results. The style is the main concern for me. I’m not seeing any positive improvements what so ever. I don’t really buy the transition season excuse either because it seems a cop out. Bristol City and Norwich lost most of their key players in the summer but they’re still competing.

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

Leave him to figure it out. I’m more bored of the answer to all our problems walking through the door every 2 minutes. 

Just leave someone to build a team. Tbh I don’t care if that’s Frank Lampard or Frankie and Benny’s. Just let it be done

And when (or rather if) Lampard figures it out then he'll be off?

Archived