The Big(gest) Night

Nuwtfly

Huge night for us tonight. Always is when you play Nottingham Forest, but for me, there's a few reasons why this one sticks out as especially important.

After some absolutely wretched form (and football), we are in desperate need of a win. Especially such an emotive win like the one against Forest can be. At this stage in the season, the lift a convincing win and performance could give us might be enough to not only secure a playoff spot, but enough to get us promoted. 

A loss might have the opposite effect. A huge gap may start to open between ourselves and our top six contenders, and with the mood dipping quite significantly of late, there's a chance a humiliating defeat could end up as the first big nail in the promotion coffin we've been seemingly building since January. 

There's also the horrible little detail that Forest aren't that far behind us, and a big win for them might just send them on a trajectory to finish above us for the first time since god knows when. 

And finally, this is a huge night for Frank Lampard. 11 points for the last 14 games I believe it is? I've said consistently throughout the season that I am yet to get on the Lampard bandwagon and often wonder whether his appetite is bigger than his stomach. He wants to play a 4-3-3, expansive, attacking game like the one we saw under McClaren, but does he know how to actually do that? Is he up for this? I don't know. I hope he is. Tonight could start answering that question. 

I've been on this forum long enough to know some will strongly disagree with the sentiment (and assumption) in this post. That's fair enough. I got a lot of stick for a post I did about Rowett at a similar stage of last season. However, if you can't write your opinion on Derby County on the best football forum in the business, then what on earth else am I supposed to do with it? Tweet it? Yikes. 

Looking forward to the big(gest) night. Up the Rams ?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You're right @Carnero I got that the wrong way around 

3 wins

5 draws

3 defeats (Leeds, Sheff Utd, Millwall)

Not great... but hardly a disaster given the games we had over xmas/new year.

Basically we've had 2 poor results in the last 2 games and it's being overblown into some sort of crisis aka "February Wobble".

Who is Daniel Story?

Archived